Parrots Śarīra

Fortyeightvows

Parrots Śarīra

Post by Fortyeightvows »

This bird had been reciting the Buddha’s Name for more than ten years. The other day it attained a rebirth. After passing away for about ten days, the body was still very soft with the feathers shine out in bright green just as though it was still alive. Later it was cremated and only its tongue remained unburnt. Besides more than 20 pieces of sharira flowers are found. They are white in colour with taints of red. There are more than 10 shariras, firm and solid pellets and also hardened feathers. Those who saw the remains of the parrots praised that it was truly a miracle.
This is not the only case of the rebirth of a bird. In the Compilation of Attaining a Rebirth which was compiled by Great Master Lian Chi, there was a section on the attainment of rebirth by animals in the Second Roll. During the Tang Dynasty there was also a story on the parrot which recited the Buddha’s Name to attain a rebirth:

It happened in the Year Tang Zhen in the Province of He Dong. Madam Fei had a parrot which liked to recite Namo Amitabha Buddha. It would not eat after the twelve noon and at its death bed, it recited the Buddha’s Name ten times and passed away peacefully. After the cremation more than ten shining sharira was found.
https://oridharma.wordpress.com/2020/07 ... aq6-VFol-w
PadmaVonSamba

Re: Parrots Śarīra

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Likewise, if you have a NianFoJi 念佛機, the little electronic device that plays a recording of Amitabha’s name being chanted, when the batteries die, they go to the Pure Land.
:jumping:
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Very much reminds me of the following video with a different bird:

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:06 pm Likewise, if you have a NianFoJi 念佛機, the little electronic device that plays a recording of Amitabha’s name being chanted, when the batteries die, they go to the Pure Land.
My Greek lama had an Amitabha statue that endlessly chanted "Namo Amitabha" in a high pitched electronic tinny Chinese accent. I threatened to smash it if he did not turn it off.

So much for me going to Dewachen. :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Natan

Post by Natan »

Parrots are smart. There are animal buddhas
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Grigoris wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:44 pm
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:06 pm Likewise, if you have a NianFoJi 念佛機, the little electronic device that plays a recording of Amitabha’s name being chanted, when the batteries die, they go to the Pure Land.
My Greek lama had an Amitabha statue that endlessly chanted "Namo Amitabha" in a high pitched electronic tinny Chinese accent. I threatened to smash it if he did not turn it off.

I once wanted to fill a room with 108 of them, all blaring at once. Just for the effect. Sort of an installation art thing.

If you enter 念佛機 in an App Store search, you can find all kinds of free, cool fun buddhist apps.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:01 pm
Grigoris wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:44 pm

I once wanted to fill a room with 108 of them, all blaring at once. Just for the effect. Sort of an installation art thing.

If you enter 念佛機 in an App Store search, you can find all kinds of free, cool fun buddhist apps.
There are a lot of white large parrots in Australia. They might be Amitabha’s animals.
It’s eye blinking.

Return to “Pure Land”