Is there a way I can donate to this forum to help keep it going?

bcol01

Is there a way I can donate to this forum to help keep it going?

Post by bcol01 »

I appreciate the contributors on this forum. Over the years I've certainly gained much wisdom and insight and I deeply appreciate it. I find myself returning to my old posts and re-solidifying those wise insights. I'm grateful and would love to find out how to contribute to keep dharmawheel.net up.
In his writing, Hokkemongu (Words and Phrases of the Lotus Sutra), The Great Master Nichiren said, “If the practitioners of the Lotus Sutra wholeheartedly devote their life to the Lotus Sutra and practice according to its golden words, it is certainly needless to say that not only in the next life, but also in this lifetime they will overcome severe difficulty, prolong their life, receive the great, good fortune of unsurpassed enlightenment, and accomplish the great vow of the widespread, propagation of True Buddhism.”
Hazel
Former staff member

Re: Is there a way I can donate to this forum to help keep it going?

Post by Hazel »

bcol01 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:44 pm I appreciate the contributors on this forum. Over the years I've certainly gained much wisdom and insight and I deeply appreciate it. I find myself returning to my old posts and re-solidifying those wise insights. I'm grateful and would love to find out how to contribute to keep dharmawheel.net up.
I don't know about money, but one thing anyone can do is report posts that break the terms of service.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

I'd suggest participation is a substantial support.. its encouraging to see activity.
bcol01

Post by bcol01 »

Great point!
narhwal90 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:07 pm I'd suggest participation is a substantial support.. its encouraging to see activity.
In his writing, Hokkemongu (Words and Phrases of the Lotus Sutra), The Great Master Nichiren said, “If the practitioners of the Lotus Sutra wholeheartedly devote their life to the Lotus Sutra and practice according to its golden words, it is certainly needless to say that not only in the next life, but also in this lifetime they will overcome severe difficulty, prolong their life, receive the great, good fortune of unsurpassed enlightenment, and accomplish the great vow of the widespread, propagation of True Buddhism.”
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Back in 2009, DNS wasn't receiving donations.
DNS wrote: Thank you for the offer, very much appreciated. But the costs to run this site are very small. There is domain name registration which is only about $10 USD per year and there is web hosting, which is more, but right now that is not very much either, until we reach something like 1 million posts or more. At that time, the web hosting will need to be upgraded to allow for more storage of information and more monthly bandwith. Even at that time I have no problem incurring the cost or if it should be too much, we could take up a collection as needed.
I'm curious if this has changed though....

Edit: You could message him.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?

Return to “Nichiren”