I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Minobu »

Shotenzenjin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:59 pm
Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:34 pm
Shotenzenjin wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:05 pm

Alright I'll take that to mean both

Are you a member of any sect/school now?
You actually wish to remain blind to the reality Mark brings to the world. And ask these drivel. Like he reveals incredible truths. And you want to know if he liked corn flakes
I asked him a question to simply get to know him and were he is coming from better.

If that's too hard ignore it. My question was to illarazza not you. And he answered it.
this is not some personal ad space ...it's a public forum...

you would do well to start to actually learn this Lotus Buddhism instead of being a puppet of manufactured poison .

it's all becoming quite clear ...QQ, Mark and marketex , even narwhal sees the writing on the wall..
User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Minobu »

narhwal90 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:45 pm The "True Buddha" business has been associated with the Fuji schools for hundreds of years now, its hardly an SGI innovation. I don't buy it personally, so generally I skip that prayer and instead offer one to all the teachers in all the schools. Whatever- far as I'm concerned its not a big deal.

If SGI adopted Illaraza's methods and language I would return my gohonzon and walk away from Nichiren practice entirely.
Mark is appalled and rightly so...someone that has dug that deep deserves credit...

so he is really harsh and hard core....some one needs to be.
User avatar
Shotenzenjin
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:23 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:10 pm
Shotenzenjin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:55 pm
Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Mark reveals the truth and all you are concerned with is this. Is your head that buried in the sand. Shoshu is a house of cards.
What ever my house is it's not your or ilarazzas concern

Differences is what makes the world go round friend
True but something i belonged to was a lie...a manufactured lie so i have every right to point out to people like you the truth of the matter...

and you missed my post point entirely...you focused on drivel instead of the meat of the thread.
I simply asked a question to help understand where he was coming from.

No biggy
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Minobu »

Queequeg wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:07 pm Folks, keep it above the belt or this gets locked. If specific ideas of doctrine are being debated, that's fine - but don't antagonize each other.
it's hard not to be seen as below the belt...on either side...but i am talking about our doctrine and so is mark...

this thread could be the one...the one that settles it once and for all..

but yeah i need to learn to be more civil actually...i'll try harder
User avatar
Shotenzenjin
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:23 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:14 pm
Shotenzenjin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:59 pm
Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:34 pm
You actually wish to remain blind to the reality Mark brings to the world. And ask these drivel. Like he reveals incredible truths. And you want to know if he liked corn flakes
I asked him a question to simply get to know him and were he is coming from better.

If that's too hard ignore it. My question was to illarazza not you. And he answered it.
this is not some personal ad space ...it's a public forum...

you would do well to start to actually learn this Lotus Buddhism instead of being a puppet of manufactured poison .

it's all becoming quite clear ...QQ, Mark and marketex , even narwhal sees the writing on the wall..
Thanks for your concern minobu but I'm happy where I am
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Minobu »

Shotenzenjin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:20 pm
Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:10 pm
Shotenzenjin wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:55 pm

What ever my house is it's not your or ilarazzas concern

Differences is what makes the world go round friend
True but something i belonged to was a lie...a manufactured lie so i have every right to point out to people like you the truth of the matter...

and you missed my post point entirely...you focused on drivel instead of the meat of the thread.
I simply asked a question to help understand where he was coming from.

No biggy
ok ..sorry for jumping on your post...

but this is serious stuff...we are at a head.

it's like Mark is a poultice for us all...

yeah he is hardcore...but he brings out the truth...sometimes hard to swallow...
User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Minobu »

To get full benefit from Gohonzon one must really understand that this is the actual work of the Buddha..
tkp67
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 am

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by tkp67 »

No one has proven their schools perspective superior according to the four standards. If they did there would be a valid and respectable argument.

Since the lotus reveals one's direct relationship to the primordial (original/true) buddha (thus bodhisattva of the earth) and since all thus come ones in question have discarded the provisional to realize the same relationship (all buddha are enlightened by this sutra) they are all valid teachers for the the sutra.

They aren't having a pissing match over how people realize the lotus that is their own lives since they abide in perfect boundless compassionate equanimity.

None of these positions stand against each other and they go directly against the lotus, shakyamuni and nichiren's teachings.
tkp67
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 am

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by tkp67 »

Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:28 pm To get full benefit from Gohonzon one must really understand that this is the actual work of the Buddha..
so you admit nichiren was a thus come one fully enlightened buddha
User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Minobu »

tkp67 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:32 pm
Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:28 pm To get full benefit from Gohonzon one must really understand that this is the actual work of the Buddha..
so you admit nichiren was a thus come one fully enlightened buddha
The only Buddha i refer to when i say Buddha is Lord Sakyamuni Buddha.

it is frightening that you would actually ask me that...
it shows you are not really paying any attention to anything other than what you want to say...

i really am sorry but please don't ask me anything anymore..

if you do and i do not reply...it's not being rude...cause i just said why i do not want to waste my time anymore.
tkp67
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 am

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by tkp67 »

Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:48 pm
tkp67 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:32 pm
Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:28 pm To get full benefit from Gohonzon one must really understand that this is the actual work of the Buddha..
so you admit nichiren was a thus come one fully enlightened buddha
The only Buddha i refer to when i say Buddha is Lord Sakyamuni Buddha.

it is frightening that you would actually ask me that...
it shows you are not really paying any attention to anything other than what you want to say...

i really am sorry but please don't ask me anything anymore..

if you do and i do not reply...it's not being rude...cause i just said why i do not want to waste my time anymore.
Yet according to you I am expressing my rights as part of a public forum. Still you want me to temper my perspective with compassion?

I would like it if people tempered their dialog with integrity. If they answered questions sincerely, directly and without reservation. Most importantly without emotional attachment. Thus my comment was a moot and rhetorical point showing how ill posted assumptions appear.

The way various perceptions portrait this tradition that statement begs the question who does the primordial buddha looks, smell, sound, feels and taste like so one can ask one's teachers which one they saw and how come they can't so easily tell the difference.

Why shouldn't one make the dividing and divisive aspect and put it all on the very exclusive state one seeks instead of putting one's efforts into doing as the buddha and nichiren taught. I mean why should one have faith in the state that can't be described by words if it can't be shown off like a watch you can buy at a store.

I mean isn't that how Nichiren taught the Lotus. Out of ignorance and forcefully doubting others until they folded under his supreme line of questioning thus proving he was right. It could not have been that he understood the teachings so succinctly that he was able to prove his perspective according to the cause, conditions, capacities and the time in which the people expressed them. It seems a grand assumption to think he taught the sutra as it says it should be and that this was his path to victory.

No need to answer just my own musing inspired by the comments of others.

:anjali:
illarraza
Posts: 911
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:30 am

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by illarraza »

Dear tkp67:

I was thinking about you for some time after our conversations. I understand that you revere your teacher but he is mistaken as to the Identity of the Original Eternal Buddha, you should set him straight on this matter as Nichiren did with Dozenbo. As Nichiren teaches in one of his most important writings

"But now that it has become apparent that Shakyamuni Buddha attained enlightenment countless kalpas ago, then the bodhisattvas Sunlight and Moonlight, who attend the Thus Come One Medicine Master of the eastern region, and the bodhisattvas Perceiver of the World’s Sounds and Great Power, who attend the Thus Come One Amida of the western region, along with the disciples of all the Buddhas of the worlds of the ten directions, and the great bodhisattvas who are disciples of the Thus Come One Mahāvairochana as they are shown in the Mahāvairochana and Diamond Crown sutras—all of these beings are disciples of Shakyamuni Buddha, the lord of teachings. Since the various Buddhas themselves are emanations of the Thus Come One Shakyamuni, it goes without saying that their disciples must be disciples of Shakyamuni. And of course the various deities of the sun, moon, and stars, who have dwelt in this world since the beginning of the kalpa of continuance, must likewise be disciples of Shakyamuni Buddha.

Nevertheless, the schools of Buddhism other than Tendai have gone astray concerning the true object of devotion. The Dharma Analysis Treasury, Establishment of Truth, and Precepts schools take as their object of devotion the Shakyamuni Buddha who eliminated illusions and attained the way by practicing thirty-four kinds of spiritual purification. This is comparable to a situation in which the heir apparent of the supreme ruler of a state mistakenly believes himself to be the son of a commoner. The four schools of Flower Garland, True Word, Three Treatises, and Dharma Characteristics are all Mahayana schools of Buddhism. Among them the Dharma Characteristics and Three Treatises schools honor a Buddha who is comparable to the Buddha of the superior manifested body. This is like the heir of the supreme ruler supposing that his father was a member of the warrior class. The p.258Flower Garland and True Word schools look down upon Shakyamuni Buddha and declare the Buddha Vairochana and the Buddha Mahāvairochana to be their respective objects of devotion. This is like the heir looking down upon his own father, the supreme ruler, and paying honor to one who is of obscure origin simply because that person pretends to be the sovereign who abides by the principles of righteousness. The Pure Land school considers itself to be most closely related to the Buddha Amida, who is an emanation of Shakyamuni, and abandons Shakyamuni himself who is the lord of teachings. The Zen school behaves like a person of low birth who makes much of his small achievements and despises his father and mother. Thus the Zen school looks down upon both the Buddha and the sutras. All of these schools are misled concerning the true object of devotion. They are like the people who lived in the age before the Three Sovereigns of ancient China and did not know who their own fathers were. In that respect, the people of that time were no different from birds and beasts.

The people of these schools who are ignorant of the teachings of the “Life Span” chapter are similarly like beasts. They do not understand to whom they are obligated. Therefore, Miao-lo states: “Among all the teachings of the Buddha’s lifetime, there is no place [other than the ‘Life Span’ chapter] where the true longevity of the Buddha is revealed. A person ought to know how old his father and mother are. If a son does not even know how old his father is, he will also be in doubt as to what lands his father presides over. Though he may be idly praised for his talent and ability, he cannot be counted as a son at all!”
tkp67
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 am

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by tkp67 »

Mark,

Your sincerity is quite remarkable and deserves recognition. It was always a fabric of your postings which is one reason I give your words such weight. It is also why I am so confident your power of propagation.

I thought very long and hard on this very topic well before it was known to me here. My initial exposure to this teaching was from my teacher. It was limited but potent but without mention of Nichiren defined as the source of the lotus itself. I spent many years pouring of the sutra, studying the writings and avoiding all other practices. I had prior developed a very deep and transcendental relationship with other practices. So accordingly I have a deep reverence for teachings, buddhist and non buddhist alike. I am particularly found of the one's that mark my familial heritage.

My teacher is the polar opposite. Laser focus on Nichiren and the practice. All else cast aside. At some point he cautioned me on my promotion of the provisional within my Nichiren dialog. This bothered me and I made mention of it. He didn't invalidate me but put it in perspective. He used the world familial. I spent years pondering this as it pertained to my own life. I had always had a underlying narrative and to a point it was inherited and I had taken it as an internal mission to understand it and right it in my lifetime. It was my karma and the imprint from it that was the obstacle. I had done great good to offset great evil in my own life and to the credit of all those I loved including those who hurt me.

However it also reminded me neither great good or great evil are the middle way. This is why he corrected me with a subtle and powerful reminder.

Some years later we reconnect and we get to the point of Nichiren as the true buddha and I am so grateful for Shakyamuni that it was potentially crushing. I say potentially because every time I questioned my teacher's wisdom I look deep within my own being and ask why should I doubt the sincerity of his compassionate intent without understanding what he means from more than my mind and my perspective. If he did not carry himself as he did for 45 years under the guidance of these teachings I would not know them. I would be in a dark hell where I could never actualize my compassion and desire for equanimity. So I didn't question his wisdom, I questioned my own.

This is why I simply refuse to say his way or my way. Like Nichiren and Dozenbo, Nichiren and Shakyamuni , Nichiren and Tentai, etc they all reveal development of function. The world today is not the world Nichiren experienced in Japan. Buddhism is in great decline and the world is suffering. I think all these teachings need to be regarded as buddhist refuge, provisional or otherwise, so the world has an example of what buddhism means beyond the evils paths. I don't believe it should resemble them. So I haven't been willing to accept a sectarian perspective while I still honor these teachings as taught. I don't recall correction from my teacher for anything outside a active conversation or experienced in the moment.

This is how I fear the internet dots and underlines the degenerate age, imho.

:anjali:
User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Minobu »

tkp67 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:32 pm
Minobu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:28 pm To get full benefit from Gohonzon one must really understand that this is the actual work of the Buddha..
so you admit nichiren was a thus come one fully enlightened buddha
one more time..

i find it impossible to believe that you would think this of me at this juncture..

then after i post this you give me one of your go nowhere diatribes .
User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Minobu »

tkp67 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 am I spent many years pouring of the sutra, studying the writings and avoiding all other practices.

you wear this like a badge of honour...and you say this is actually what is asked of you from the Scholar Sainted Nichiren DaiShonin.

the road to mediocrity is never paved . It leads to nowhere .
People always beware of those that tell you to stay ignorant.
User avatar
Shotenzenjin
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:23 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Minobu wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:28 am
tkp67 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 am I spent many years pouring of the sutra, studying the writings and avoiding all other practices.

you wear this like a badge of honour...and you say this is actually what is asked of you from the Scholar Sainted Nichiren DaiShonin.

the road to mediocrity is never paved . It leads to nowhere .
People always beware of those that tell you to stay ignorant.
Besides gongyo and Daimoku what other practices do you do?
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
User avatar
Minobu
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Minobu »

Shotenzenjin wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:38 am
Minobu wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:28 am
tkp67 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 am I spent many years pouring of the sutra, studying the writings and avoiding all other practices.

you wear this like a badge of honour...and you say this is actually what is asked of you from the Scholar Sainted Nichiren DaiShonin.

the road to mediocrity is never paved . It leads to nowhere .
People always beware of those that tell you to stay ignorant.
Besides gongyo and Daimoku what other practices do you do?
they come and go...

i don't consider myself practicing Buddhism unless my day starts with recital of the three piece sutra we do and ODaimoku..

a lot of the stuff is yogic meditation..Buddhist Tantra...

Did you know that what we do as Nichiren Buddhist is Bhakti yoga

if you google it it comes up as weirdness..new age impute i guess

it's basic Love Yoga..you devote yourself to love and kindness and helping others.
User avatar
Shotenzenjin
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:23 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Minobu wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:45 am
Shotenzenjin wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:38 am
Minobu wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:28 am


you wear this like a badge of honour...and you say this is actually what is asked of you from the Scholar Sainted Nichiren DaiShonin.

the road to mediocrity is never paved . It leads to nowhere .
People always beware of those that tell you to stay ignorant.
Besides gongyo and Daimoku what other practices do you do?
they come and go...

i don't consider myself practicing Buddhism unless my day starts with recital of the three piece sutra we do and ODaimoku..

a lot of the stuff is yogic meditation..Buddhist Tantra...

Did you know that what we do as Nichiren Buddhist is Bhakti yoga

if you google it it comes up as weirdness..new age impute i guess

it's basic Love Yoga..you devote yourself to love and kindness and helping others.
Alright thanks for answering
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
tkp67
Posts: 2133
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 am

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by tkp67 »

Minobu wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:28 am
tkp67 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 am I spent many years pouring of the sutra, studying the writings and avoiding all other practices.

you wear this like a badge of honour...and you say this is actually what is asked of you from the Scholar Sainted Nichiren DaiShonin.

the road to mediocrity is never paved . It leads to nowhere .
People always beware of those that tell you to stay ignorant.
Nichiren suggests one has a firm grasp on the lotus before exploring other teachings because of the detriment. If you don't like this take it up with Nichiren. Unless you feel you are wiser, then by all means put out your own doctrine.
User avatar
_johnarundel_
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed May 27, 2020 8:00 pm

Re: I don't always agree with Rev. Tsuchiya, in fact he excommunicated me...

Post by _johnarundel_ »

Minobu wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:45 am you devote yourself to love and kindness and helping others.
Thanks for reminding us of this. It is always good to get back to the core and basic principles :twothumbsup:
"The five characters of Myoho-Renge-Kyo are the core of the Lotus Sutra and the origin of all Buddhas throughout the entire world. Upon seeing the signs that these five characters now must be propagated, I, Nichiren, have set the precedent, today, at the beginning of the Latter Day of the Law."

- Nichiren Daishonin, “Shuju onfurumai-gosho” 種種御振舞御書


https://www.nichirenshoshu.or.jp/eng/daishonin.html
Post Reply

Return to “Nichiren”