Haven't posted here in a while...

bcol01

Haven't posted here in a while...

Post by bcol01 »

Hello everyone! I haven't posted anything in a while but yesterday I converted to Honmon Butsuryu Shu. So far, from all I've learned, it's been an incredible experience and my priest is being very helpful. He even shipped me a Gohonzon and juzu beads for free, which is more than awesome. I hope you are all well and you're in my prayers. NMRK

Gassho
In his writing, Hokkemongu (Words and Phrases of the Lotus Sutra), The Great Master Nichiren said, “If the practitioners of the Lotus Sutra wholeheartedly devote their life to the Lotus Sutra and practice according to its golden words, it is certainly needless to say that not only in the next life, but also in this lifetime they will overcome severe difficulty, prolong their life, receive the great, good fortune of unsurpassed enlightenment, and accomplish the great vow of the widespread, propagation of True Buddhism.”
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Haven't posted here in a while...

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Glad to hear these news and I definetly rejoice! Would you care to share about that school for us who are not at all familiar?
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
markatex

Post by markatex »

Congrats.

I don't know a lot about HBS, but I believe they chant the Odaimoku exclusively (no sutra recitation) and focus their study on chapters 15-22 of the Lotus Sutra.
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

bcol01 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:52 pm yesterday I converted to Honmon Butsuryu Shu. So far, from all I've learned, it's been an incredible experience and my priest is being very helpful. He even shipped me a Gohonzon and juzu beads for free, which is more than awesome.
Please let us know about your conversion.

What does it mean to have converted?
What reason to convert?

Thanks
illarraza

Post by illarraza »

I have several articles on the HBS. Contact me if you are interested in reading them. One is an essay by a Kempon Hokke priest. Please understand that I am not a fan of any Nichiren sect or organization since they all deviate more or less from the Lotus Sutra and writings of Nichiren.

Mark
Nyedrag Yeshe

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe »

bcol01 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:52 pm Hello everyone! I haven't posted anything in a while but yesterday I converted to Honmon Butsuryu Shu. So far, from all I've learned, it's been an incredible experience and my priest is being very helpful. He even shipped me a Gohonzon and juzu beads for free, which is more than awesome. I hope you are all well and you're in my prayers. NMRK

Gassho
They do excellent social work and interfaith dialogue here in Brazil! Congratulations!
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

Return to “Nichiren”