The Independent movement thread/all things related

Minobu

Re: The Independent movement thread/all things related

Post by Minobu »

Queequeg wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 pm
Minobu wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:55 pm what exactly is the new Soka Dai Gohonzon.. did they make a large version of the one they hand out now and say it has special powers like the ShoShu one?
It is an original Nichiren inscribed Gohonzon.
So the Gakki is using an Original Nichiren Gohonzon at some place in Japan?
But they give out an altered ShoShu gohonzon to members?
You need to go on tozan to japan and get to chant to an original Nichiren gohonzon?
wow...the sheer marketing aspect of this is so obvious and flawed.
they get you to take an old reworked Sho shu Gohonzon but then the real thing is in Japan.
it will cause certain doubts and misunderstandings in some people.

like me ..for sure it would nag at me at some point in my practice.

if they make the change to giving out a copy of the Original then we can surely see a step away from the traditional sects that have been around and a totally new one...
is this Original Gohonzon anywhere online...like is it from the Shu or did they acquire one we have not seen?

is the protective and the warning captions on it?
Queequeg
Global Moderator

Post by Queequeg »

Minobu wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:30 pm
Queequeg wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 pm
Minobu wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:55 pm what exactly is the new Soka Dai Gohonzon.. did they make a large version of the one they hand out now and say it has special powers like the ShoShu one?
It is an original Nichiren inscribed Gohonzon.
So the Gakki is using an Original Nichiren Gohonzon at some place in Japan?
But they give out an altered ShoShu gohonzon to members?
You need to go on tozan to japan and get to chant to an original Nichiren gohonzon?
wow...the sheer marketing aspect of this is so obvious and flawed.
they get you to take an old reworked Sho shu Gohonzon but then the real thing is in Japan.
it will cause certain doubts and misunderstandings in some people.

like me ..for sure it would nag at me at some point in my practice.

if they make the change to giving out a copy of the Original then we can surely see a step away from the traditional sects that have been around and a totally new one...
is this Original Gohonzon anywhere online...like is it from the Shu or did they acquire one we have not seen?

is the protective and the warning captions on it?
After doing a little poking around, it apparently is not a Nichiren Gohonzon, but rather the Joju Gohonzon that was inscribed by ... Hori Nichiko? for Soka Gakkai.

That said, I heard that they had acquired a Nichiren Gohonzon. I will have to follow up with that and find out more.
Those who, even with distracted minds,
Entered a stupa compound
And chanted but once, “Namo Buddhaya!”
Have certainly attained the path of the buddhas.

-Lotus Sutra, Expedient Means Chapter

There are beings with little dust in their eyes who are falling away because they do not hear the Dhamma. There will be those who will understand the Dhamma.
-Ayacana Sutta
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Queequeg wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:02 pm

After doing a little poking around, it apparently is not a Nichiren Gohonzon, but rather the Joju Gohonzon that was inscribed by ... Hori Nichiko? for Soka Gakkai.

That said, I heard that they had acquired a Nichiren Gohonzon. I will have to follow up with that and find out more.
ah ok thanks.
If the Gakki would go the Original route all around and concentrate on study material that is more affording to thought they would be a viable sect in buddhism rather than some multi level marketing scheme with a made for sect legend Ikeda at the top of all their real focus.

But then again we are talking about people who at one time i was in a converstation with them that went something like:

I recall a conversation with top leaders in Canada where they said they wanted attract more intellectual members.
These were under educated gakki fanatics .
I cringed at their concept of intellectually superior human status , and realized they had no idea what they were talking about.
What about all us shrubs who joined and built the house in the first place...lol...
two tier members the goal?
there was this Liberal politician who had their cultreral centre in his ward. so yeah he would show up and they gushed over a guy who would not even voice the Daimoku once. He was there for the votes and to them he was some seal of approval they desired.

meh...i have this altered dream state about them i entertain and it always goes the way of this....
blah...
i need one of these now .. :consoling:
gohonzon

Post by gohonzon »

It is the Gohonzon of Nissho Shonin, High Priest of Nichiren Shoshu, the last remaining Joju Gohonzon granted by the Head Temple Taisekiji which is now enshrined within the Tokyo Headquarters.

The expiration on the copyright ends soon, and it is one of the suspected gohonzons that Soka Gakkai will use after Ikeda passes on.

Unless they release the long-suspected rumor that D. Ikeda himself transcribed a new Honzon for the permanent use in Soka Gakkai and SGI. This has been a long standing rumor, not verified but lives on to this day, and very probable.

Soka Gakkai did not obtain a Nichiren original Gohonzon. That was a failed attempt in one of the Nichiren Shu temples in Chiba Prefecture during 1992. That temple retains its original Gohonzon today.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

gohonzon wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:26 pm It is the Gohonzon of Nissho Shonin, High Priest of Nichiren Shoshu, the last remaining Joju Gohonzon granted by the Head Temple Taisekiji which is now enshrined within the Tokyo Headquarters.

The expiration on the copyright ends soon, and it is one of the suspected gohonzons that Soka Gakkai will use after Ikeda passes on.

Unless they release the long-suspected rumor that D. Ikeda himself transcribed a new Honzon for the permanent use in Soka Gakkai and SGI. This has been a long standing rumor, not verified but lives on to this day, and very probable.

Soka Gakkai did not obtain a Nichiren original Gohonzon. That was a failed attempt in one of the Nichiren Shu temples in Chiba Prefecture during 1992. That temple retains its original Gohonzon today.
So like Nichiren ShoShu does not have any original authentic without a doubt Gohonzon inscribed by our Master ,The Very Venerable Dai Sensei Nichiren Shonin .

It's weird but once i realized all the implications of chanting to something with a character of someone i dunno about...like a high priest that decides to make fake news about our lineage and other fake claims along with a misunderstanding of the very teachings we try to learn...creates a new sect based on his understanding and corruption of the teachings.Do you really want to meld with that!!!!

...i felt weird and was glad that the independent movement showed me that it is possible to chant to a gohonzon inscribed by our Master,The Very Venerable Dai Sensei Nichiren Shonin .

Nichiren Shu is a place where i found out by the independants one can easily obtain a print of the Shutei Gohonzon done in our Master's hand , the Very Venerable Dai Sensei Nichiren Shonin. the quality is exact and there are no blobby looking character images from photo copying.

It's also nice to know this is the very Gohonzon He kept at His bedside when He slept.
Soooo Cooolll !

Return to “Nichiren”