HE Jhado Rinpoche teachings in CA

zerwe

HE Jhado Rinpoche teachings in CA

Post by zerwe »

Here is the latest schedule --

H.E. Jhado Rinpoche will be giving Lamrim Chenmo Teachings in the San Francisco Bay Area at the request of Sera Jey Foundation from November 16th to 28th, 2021.

Schedule of Events
Tibetan Association of Northern California
5200 Dalai Lama Ave.
Richmond, CA 94804

Tibetan Language livestream will be on Sera Jey Foundation's Facebook Page
English Translation livestream will be on H.E. Jhado Rinpoche's Facebook Page

Tuesday, November 16th, 2021.
Please join us at either San Francisco International Airport to Welcome Rinpoche at 5:34pm or at Sera Jey Foundation around 7pm.

Wednesday, November 17th, 2021.
2 pm - 5 pm Recitation of Tara Prayers
5 pm - 8 pm Lamrim Chenmo Teachings and Three Principle Tara Initiation

Thursday, November 18th, 2021.
5 pm - 8 pm Lamrim Chenmo Teachings

Friday, November 19th, 2021.
5am at Sera Jey Foundation, 1525 Elm Street, El Cerrito, CA 94530
(5 am Conferring the Eight Mahayana Precepts at either SJF or TANC. Please register via text or email to Sera Jey Foundation by Sunday November 14, 2021 so that we can determine the number of attendees and the location.)

Saturday, November 20th, 2021.
10 am - 1 pm Recitation of Tara Prayers
2 pm - 6 pm Lamrim Chenmo Teachings and Twenty-One Taras Initiation.

Sunday, November 21st, 2021 IN SAN JOSE
Location: Vietnamese-American Cultural Center 2072 Lucretia Ave. San Jose, CA 95122
2 pm - 5 pm H.E. Jhado Rinpoche will be teaching on Taking Refuge, Bodhicitta, conferring Buddhist Refuge vows and White Tara Long Life Empowerment.

Monday, November 22nd, 2021.

Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021.

Wednesday, November 24th, 2021.

Thursday, November 25th, 2021.

Friday, November 26th, 2021.

Saturday, November 27th, 2021.
2 pm - 6 pm Lamrim Chenmo Teachings and Je Tsongkhapa Longevity Empowerment

Sunday, November 28th, 2021.
1 pm - 5 pm Lamrim Chenmo Teachings and Rigzin Dungdrub Empowerment and Tsog Offering

Event Organizer:
Sera Jey Foundation www.serajeyfoundation.org
Email: [email protected]

If anyone would like to sponsor tea (served twice during full day teachings & once during half day teachings), meal offerings (served twice during full day teachings & once during half day teachings), hall rental fee, or other costs during the teachings, please contact us. Thank you!

All Sera Jey Foundation events are free but any amount of donations are welcome!
Please make checks payable to:
Sera Jey Foundation
1525 Elm Street
El Cerrito, CA 94530
You may also donate via our website

Shaun :namaste:
zerwe

Re: HE Jhado Rinpoche teachings in CA

Post by zerwe »

Also, news from Land of Medicine Buddha (FPMT) just came as I had made the last post.

Rinpoche will be teaching there and offering initiations throughout December.

Land of Medicine Buddha is honored to announce Kyabje Jhado Rinpoche will be teaching at Land of Medicine Buddha for a month starting in December!

Kyabje Jhado Rinpoche (Tenzin Jungne) was born in 1954 to a nomadic family living in the area of Namtso Lake, 220 kilometers north of Lhasa, Tibet. At the age of three he was recognized and enthroned as the 6th incarnation of the abbot of Jhado Monastery. From 1992 until 1996, Rinpoche served as a teacher at Namgyal Monastery in Dharamsala, the personal monastery of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. In 1997, Rinpoche was appointed to the post of Abbot of Namgyal Monastery, and served the institution in that capacity until 2004.

Rinpoche is one of the most highly esteemed lamas in the Geluk lineage today. In addition to his excellent education in the Geluk monastic college system, over the years Rinpoche has also received many oral transmissions and empowerments from His Holiness the Dalai Lama and his two main tutors, as well as from many great teachers from other traditions, including the famous Nyingma master Trulshik Rinpoche and Chogye Trichen Rinpoche.

Renowned for his keen intelligence and dynamic teaching style, Jhado Rinpoche is also highly acclaimed for his ability to engage Western students in ways that are interesting and personally relevant. In addition to these qualities, Rinpoche is also well known and loved for his gentle demeanor and his kindness.
BE A SPONSOR!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO VOLUNTEER? CLICK HERE

THREE PRINCIPLES OF THE PATH
December 11th & 12th, 6pm - 8pm PST
FIND OUT MORE - THREE PRINCIPAL PATHS

RECOGNIZING MY MOTHER - An Experiential Song on the View
December 13th - 22nd, 6pm - 8pm PST
FIND OUT MORE - RECOGNIZING MY MOTHER

LAMA CHÖPA COMMENTARY
December 23rd - 25th, 6pm - 8pm PST
*Prerequisites and daily life long commitments apply

REGISTRATION OPEN SOON

THE FOUR CLASSES OF TANTRA
December 26th - 29th, 6pm - 8pm PST
FIND OUT MORE - THE FOUR CLASSES OF TANTRA

EMPOWERMENTS

KUNRIG INITIATION

SAVE THE DATES!
December 9th & 10th
2pm - 5pm, PST

Limited spaces available in-person
*Prerequisites & daily life long commitments apply

REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON

NAMGYALMA INITIATION

SAVE THE DATE!
January 6th
6pm - 9pm, PST

Online via Zoom & limited space in-person
*Prerequisites apply

REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Sean do you know how to register for the Lama Chöpa teachings?

I assume the commitment for Lama Chöpa takes about half an hour to complete?
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:13 pm Sean do you know how to register for the Lama Chöpa teachings?

I don't think they have opened registration for that yet. Yes, it seems that these teachings will be on Lama Chopa from the tantric context and daily recitation will be the commitment.

Lama Chopa with Tsog at a brisk pace takes about 50-60 min. Without Tsog (and I am assuming this means without Song of the Spring Queen) might run around 40min or less. I honestly have never performed or thought of it outside of the standard twice monthly commitments with Tsog for mother tantra except in the context of group retreat and it didn't seem shorter to be honest.

This is a fantastic opportunity, but I am torn as I have a few daily and other commitments at present.

Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

zerwe wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:29 pm I don't think they have opened registration for that yet. Yes, it seems that these teachings will be on Lama Chopa from the tantric context and daily recitation will be the commitment.

Lama Chopa with Tsog at a brisk pace takes about 50-60 min. Without Tsog (and I am assuming this means without Song of the Spring Queen) might run around 40min or less. I honestly have never performed or thought of it outside of the standard twice monthly commitments with Tsog for mother tantra except in the context of group retreat and it didn't seem shorter to be honest.

This is a fantastic opportunity, but I am torn as I have a few daily and other commitments at present.

I'm torn too, it's a great opportunity and my teacher said if I can manage the commitment I should take it but I need to check with other commitments. It's also at 2am in Europe which makes it difficult but doable.

:namaste:
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:21 pm
zerwe wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:29 pm I don't think they have opened registration for that yet. Yes, it seems that these teachings will be on Lama Chopa from the tantric context and daily recitation will be the commitment.

I'm torn too, it's a great opportunity and my teacher said if I can manage the commitment I should take it but I need to check with other commitments. It's also at 2am in Europe which makes it difficult but doable.

:namaste:
It depends on the advice of our teachers, but I have frequently been in situation where Lama Chopa recitation was split into 2 and sometimes 3 sessions. I imagine, that if it were necessary and the Lama agrees, that recitation could be split up throughout the day if one were unable to complete it in one sitting.

I have been checking LMB website and still don't see this "officially" scheduled, nor has registration opened. I may email them and inquire.

zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Okay, LMB got back to me and the Lama Chopa is only going to be given in person and there will be limited admission.

Shaun
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

zerwe wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:53 pm Okay, LMB got back to me and the Lama Chopa is only going to be given in person and there will be limited admission.

Shaun
Thank you, I emailed but didn't get a clear answer.

That's a shame but understandable at the New York ones Rinpoche said you can't control who attends online so it's not possible to limit as strictly to those with HYT initiations.
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 pm
zerwe wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:53 pm Okay, LMB got back to me and the Lama Chopa is only going to be given in person and there will be limited admission.

Shaun
Thank you, I emailed but didn't get a clear answer.

That's a shame but understandable at the New York ones Rinpoche said you can't control who attends online so it's not possible to limit as strictly to those with HYT initiations.
It is a shame. I have attended teachings and study groups where they screened everyone ahead of time. I don't know why it is an issue. On the other hand much of what I have had experience with within the lineage, and/or FPMT in general, is that almost anything pertaining to Tantra is not streamed, recorded or offered online. Well, at least the rest of the teachings are available.

jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:13 pm Sean do you know how to register for the Lama Chöpa teachings?

If you become familiar with the text, especially in Tibetan, you can do it in 10-15 minutes. Kyabje Zopa Rinpoche has mentioned:
For example, His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s translator, Thubten Jinpa, does the Guru Puja in five minutes—I mean that is his daily commitment, not leading it in public. Still, maybe you can get the lineage from him and do that too! I heard that Doboom Rinpoche does it in 90 seconds.
If given as a daily commitment, the tsog can be optional I think.

I say this to encourage anyone who is a committed practitioner relying on lamas of the Gelug lineage and presented with an opportunity to receive commentary on Guru Puja to do so. I myself have had great fortune to receive extensive teachings on Guru Puja twice. First time was a public teaching open to anyone yet detailed, going line by line through the text (although being an open teaching, the tsog offering and more secret aspects of the practice were not taught). Second time is still ongoing, weekly Zoom sessions for practitioners who already do the practice twice a month, mostly following Kachen Yeshe Gyaltsen's commentary (translated by David Gonzalez and published by Wisdom) and dipping into this treasury of the Ear Whispered lineage instructions. Neither teaching has required a daily recitation commitment although it would be excellent to make use of these precious instructions on a daily basis. The second teaching has however involved some short term commitments associated with the main practice. I cannot stress enough how precious these teachings are, it is the essential heart practice of our lineage.
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

jmlee369 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 am If given as a daily commitment, the tsog can be optional I think.

I say this to encourage anyone who is a committed practitioner relying on lamas of the Gelug lineage and presented with an opportunity to receive commentary on Guru Puja to do so. I myself have had great fortune to receive extensive teachings on Guru Puja twice. First time was a public teaching open to anyone yet detailed, going line by line through the text (although being an open teaching, the tsog offering and more secret aspects of the practice were not taught). Second time is still ongoing, weekly Zoom sessions for practitioners who already do the practice twice a month, mostly following Kachen Yeshe Gyaltsen's commentary (translated by David Gonzalez and published by Wisdom) and dipping into this treasury of the Ear Whispered lineage instructions. Neither teaching has required a daily recitation commitment although it would be excellent to make use of these precious instructions on a daily basis. The second teaching has however involved some short term commitments associated with the main practice. I cannot stress enough how precious these teachings are, it is the essential heart practice of our lineage.
Thank you, that's a great teaching from Lama Zopa Rinpoche. I'm hoping to get the secret teachings and lung from my teacher as soon as possible.
tony_montana

Post by tony_montana »

Let me add to the list these events to be held by Jhado Rinpoche:

https://lionsroardharmacenter.org/jhado ... nang-2021/

Kalachakra Jenang -- December 3 & 4, 2021
Hayagriva and PaldenLhamo Jenang -- December 5, 2021

Registration links in the URL above.

I wonder if the Hayagriva will be Hayagriva Yangsang, I want Hayagriva Yangsang, pls say a little prayer for me that I soon get Hayagriva Yangsang, Six-armed Mahakala and Maha-Rakta-Ganapati Empowerments :anjali: <shameless request over :rolling: >
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Rejoicing and, btw, the Kunrig and Nyamgyalma registration at LMB are now open.

Shaun :namaste: :namaste: :namaste: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:
Marenz

Post by Marenz »

zerwe wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 pm Rejoicing and, btw, the Kunrig and Nyamgyalma registration at LMB are now open.

I’m assuming that receiving the initiation over Zoom is as equally valid as in-person, correct? I’ve received lungs over Zoom, but this would be the first empowerment I’d be getting this way. For instance, are there substances, etc. involved that one would miss out on by attending via Zoom? Just hoping to get your take.
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Marenz wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:30 pm
zerwe wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 pm Rejoicing and, btw, the Kunrig and Nyamgyalma registration at LMB are now open.

I’m assuming that receiving the initiation over Zoom is as equally valid as in-person, correct? I’ve received lungs over Zoom, but this would be the first empowerment I’d be getting this way. For instance, are there substances, etc. involved that one would miss out on by attending via Zoom? Just hoping to get your take.
Not sure and that is one big debate that has played out in past threads. The Kunrig is Yoga tantra. I have only ever had in person experience with HYT and Kriya, as well as, a couple blessings online. IMO, HYT great initiation isn't possible online, I don't know what is involved with Yoga tantra initiation, but I feel like the blessings (jenangwhich require past initiations) like the Kalachakra being offered, or the Hayagriva, Palden Lhamo, and Namgyalma shouldn't be perceived as a problem.

With that said, I am not terribly familiar with Kalachakra and didn't realize that it could be offered as a jenang with the requirement being previous HYT initiation. However, Vajrayogini is given this way. So...

I imagine that if it were an issue, then Rinpoche wouldn't offer. If you have personal concerns on whether or not you can receive it in this format, I would check with the organizers and ask.

jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

I'm not Shaun but I hope you don't mind me throwing my two cents in here.

Since His Holiness the Dalai Lama explicitly mentioned during the conferral of some (not all) wangchen and jenang that people could receive that particular transmission by livestream, I think more Gelug lamas have been okay with the idea. His Holiness offered highest yoga tantra wang by livestream even before COVID hit, as well as the kriya tantra Avalokitesvara wang during the pandemic (which led to quite a controversy in the exile community).

Even though you will not be able to make contact with the physical initiation substances, following along with the visualisations is most important. It's not like people are touched with the actual initiation vase or crown during His Holiness' mass events anyway.
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

jmlee369 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:03 am I'm not Shaun but I hope you don't mind me throwing my two cents in here.

Since His Holiness the Dalai Lama explicitly mentioned during the conferral of some (not all) wangchen and jenang that people could receive that particular transmission by livestream, I think more Gelug lamas have been okay with the idea. His Holiness offered highest yoga tantra wang by livestream even before COVID hit, as well as the kriya tantra Avalokitesvara wang during the pandemic (which led to quite a controversy in the exile community).

Even though you will not be able to make contact with the physical initiation substances, following along with the visualisations is most important. It's not like people are touched with the actual initiation vase or crown during His Holiness' mass events anyway.
:good:

His Holiness said he checked with the Bodhisattvas and protectors before giving them online, and I think a lot of Gelug teachers have taken these comments as it's okay for them now. Plus, even in person with His Holiness not many people get there heads touched.
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

jmlee369 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:03 am

I'm not Shaun but I hope you don't mind me throwing my two cents in here.

Your two cents are welcome. Nothing personal, I just have my own doubt to contend with when it comes to HYT initiation when it is given this way, but which highest yoga yantra wang? Vajrabhairava? I don’t recall HHDL saying this.

Marenz

Post by Marenz »

zerwe wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:57 am I imagine that if it were an issue, then Rinpoche wouldn't offer.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think this line is really what it boils down to - it wouldn’t be offered virtually if he thought there were an issue.
Marenz

Post by Marenz »

jmlee369 and Lobsang Chojor, thanks for providing your views and sharing some of His Holiness’ views on remote/virtual events. I think that’s a good point about not everyone being able to get access to everything even in-person at His Holiness’ empowerments.

Return to “Gelug”