HE Jhado Rinpoche teachings in CA

Lobsang Chojor

Re: HE Jhado Rinpoche teachings in CA

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

zerwe wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:47 pm Sunday, November 28th, 2021.
10 am - 1 pm Recitation of Tara Prayers
1 pm - 5 pm Lamrim Chenmo Teachings and Rigzin Dungdrub Empowerment and Tsog Offering
Hi Shaun,

Do you know if the empowerment is being broadcast? It just seems to be the tsog offering live now.

:namaste:
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:22 pm
zerwe wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:47 pm Sunday, November 28th, 2021.
10 am - 1 pm Recitation of Tara Prayers
1 pm - 5 pm Lamrim Chenmo Teachings and Rigzin Dungdrub Empowerment and Tsog Offering
Hi Shaun,

Do you know if the empowerment is being broadcast? It just seems to be the tsog offering live now.

:namaste:
IDK, but it looks like he just started streaming about 15 minutes ago.

Shaun
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Yes, it appears so he is talking about his qualifications for giving the initiation.

Shaun :namaste:
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

zerwe wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:38 am Yes, it appears so he is talking about his qualifications for giving the initiation.

Yes fortunately I managed to receive the initiation. I didn't hear any specific commitments, did you?
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:00 am
zerwe wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:38 am Yes, it appears so he is talking about his qualifications for giving the initiation.

Yes fortunately I managed to receive the initiation. I didn't hear any specific commitments, did you?
How wonderful. Unfortunately, I was not able to follow it all. I am looking forward to his teachings in December.

Actually, I am pretty sure the commitment is to practice Tsok on Guru Rinpoche day (10th Lunar day) monthly.

zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Jhado Rinpoche will also be giving Kunrig teachings online from 12/30-1/5 to those who have received the empowerment (offered earlier in December).

zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Did anyone catch the two Chamsing Mantras during todays empowerment?

I am looking for the text of first one. The second one I got. If you can pm me.

Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Hi I was also present at the jenangs but didn't get either correctly as the translator wasn't very clear during the lung. If anyone could PM the mantra(s) that'd be awesome.
tony_montana

Post by tony_montana »

zerwe wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:23 pm Did anyone catch the two Chamsing Mantras during todays empowerment?

Same case here, I couldn't follow the Begtse Chen mantras -- pls PM if you have them, thanks :anjali:

Also, I don't wanna start a fuss but is Begtse Chen a Wisdom/Enlightened Protector? For a person practicing Most Secret Hayagriva that Jhado Rinpoche so kindly gave empowerment for, how would be the appropriate way to supplicate Begtse for support and help?
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

tony_montana wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:26 am
zerwe wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:23 pm Did anyone catch the two Chamsing Mantras during todays empowerment?

Same case here, I couldn't follow the Begtse Chen mantras -- pls PM if you have them, thanks :anjali:

Also, I don't wanna start a fuss but is Begtse Chen a Wisdom/Enlightened Protector? For a person practicing Most Secret Hayagriva that Jhado Rinpoche so kindly gave empowerment for, how would be the appropriate way to supplicate Begtse for support and help?
Good question. All I could gather from Rinpoche, is that adoption of Begtse began between the reign of the 2-3 Dalai Lamas, that Chamsing and Nechung are of one-nature, and that Chamsing (supramundane) is uncommon aspect and Nechung mundane?

Chamsing is one of the chief dharma protectors of Tamdrin Yangsang's mandala and is mentioned/invoked in FPMT's protector practices.

One (controversial) source lists him as a wisdom/enlightened protector along side Kalarupa, Palden Lhamo, and Six-armed Mahakala. Also, says he originally had Indian roots and came to Tibet beginning 11th century through Sakya/Kagyu via Marpa and Sachen Kunga Nyingpo?

Poking around a little more and it sounds like there is a Chamsing practice embedded within the extensive Hayagriva Sangdrup sadhana. However, this requires complete empowerment into the mandala of Hayagriva Sangdrup -- and this is not the same as Tamdrin Yangsang.

Last edited by zerwe on Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Kunga wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:41 am Hi I was also present at the jenangs but didn't get either correctly as the translator wasn't very clear during the lung. If anyone could PM the mantra(s) that'd be awesome.
It says that you have disabled your pm capabilities.

Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

tony_montana wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:26 am Also, I don't wanna start a fuss but is Begtse Chen a Wisdom/Enlightened Protector? For a person practicing Most Secret Hayagriva that Jhado Rinpoche so kindly gave empowerment for, how would be the appropriate way to supplicate Begtse for support and help?
I'm pretty sure Rinpoche said Begtse Chen was a supramundane (enlightened) protector.
zerwe wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:55 pm Good question. All I could gather from Rinpoche, is that adoption of Begtse began between the reign of the 2-3 Dalai Lamas, that Chamsing and Nechung are of one-nature, and that Chamsing (supramundane) is uncommon aspect and Nechung mundane?

Chamsing is one of the chief dharma protectors of Tamdrin Yangsang's mandala and is mentioned/invoked in FPMT's protector practices.

One (controversial) source lists him as a wisdom/enlightened protector along side Kalarupa, Palden Lhamo, and Six-armed Mahakala. Also, says he originally had Indian roots and came to Tibet beginning 11th century through Sakya/Kagyu via Marpa and Sachen Kunga Nyingpo?

I was a bit unsure on the first point I think Rinpoche was just saying that the titles "black and red" protectors depends on the context. The Tibetan government mean Palden Lhamo and Nechung, whereas in Mongolia it refers to Palden Lhamo and Begtse Chen.

In the lineage list Rinpoche recited it came through Sachen Kunga Nyingpo, I don't think I heard Marpa.

Could you PM me the second mantra? I didn't write any down
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Also,

The protector deity Begtse Chen, also known as Chamsing (English: the Great Coat of Mail. Sanskrit name: Prana Atma). Colloquially Begtse is known as red Mahakala and ranks relatively high in the Sakya protector pantheon of Wisdom Deities. The protector was later adopted and incorporated into the Gelug School of Tsongkapa and subsequently became popular in Mongolia - predominantly following the Gelug tradition since the 17th century. There are a few Gelug traditions and regional monastic centers that hold Begtse to be a worldly protector deity. The majority of the art objects in the gallery below were created within a Gelug context and many of them are of Mongolian origin.

--from https://www.himalayanart.org/search/set.cfm?setID=137

zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:32 pm
tony_montana wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:26 am Also, I don't wanna start a fuss but is Begtse Chen a Wisdom/Enlightened Protector? For a person practicing Most Secret Hayagriva that Jhado Rinpoche so kindly gave empowerment for, how would be the appropriate way to supplicate Begtse for support and help?
I'm pretty sure Rinpoche said Begtse Chen was a supramundane (enlightened) protector.
zerwe wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:55 pm Good question. All I could gather from Rinpoche, is that adoption of Begtse began between the reign of the 2-3 Dalai Lamas, that Chamsing and Nechung are of one-nature, and that Chamsing (supramundane) is uncommon aspect and Nechung mundane?

I was a bit unsure on the first point I think Rinpoche was just saying that the titles "black and red" protectors depends on the context. The Tibetan government mean Palden Lhamo and Nechung, whereas in Mongolia it refers to Palden Lhamo and Begtse Chen.

In the lineage list Rinpoche recited it came through Sachen Kunga Nyingpo, I don't think I heard Marpa.

PM sent

"In the lineage list Rinpoche recited it came through Sachen Kunga Nyingpo"

Excellent, your ears are sharper than ours.

zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Begtse is one of the eight Dharmapalas;

https://library.brown.edu/cds/BuddhistT ... 2F%20Durga.

The Eight Dharmapalas are Beg-tse, Tsangs-pa, Kuvera, Lhamo, Yama, Yamantaka, Hayagriva, and Mahakala.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

zerwe wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:49 pm
Lobsang Chojor wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:32 pm

PM sent

"In the lineage list Rinpoche recited it came through Sachen Kunga Nyingpo"

Excellent, your ears are sharper than ours.

There are two sources for the Marutse brother and sister. The Drogmi long lineage passes to him from Gayadhara. The short lineage is a term revealed by Marpa Lotsawa, originally connected with the Most Secret Hayagriva. They are combined in Sakya.
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:47 pmThe short lineage is a term revealed by Marpa Lotsawa
Marpa was a terton?
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

zerwe wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:14 pm
Kunga wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:41 am Hi I was also present at the jenangs but didn't get either correctly as the translator wasn't very clear during the lung. If anyone could PM the mantra(s) that'd be awesome.
It says that you have disabled your pm capabilities.

Hi Shaun,

Whoops! I changed the settings so hopefully can receive messages now - thanks for trying :)))
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Had a power outage last night which meant I missed the first day of the Kunrig wangchen. My understanding is that, if one has received it before (I did in the Sakya tradition a few times) one can miss the prep day and join in on the second day. Anyone heard the same? Maybe Malcolm will know. I assume the lineage comes from Sakya?
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

HE Jhado Rinpoche

Chakrasamvara and Vajrayogini Empowerments

San Jose 1/14/2022 and 1/15/2022

https://serajeyfoundation.org/his-emine ... d-1-15-22/

H.E. Jhado Rinpoche’s Empowerments in San Jose, California
1/14/2022 2 pm – 6 pm Chakrasamvara Empowerment
1/15/2022 2 pm – 6 pm Vajra Yogini Empowerment
Commitments: Six Session Guru Yoga and Vajra Yogini’s Mantra as daily recitation promise. Rinpoche may advise on a quantity during the empowerment.

Registration is required for both events. To register, please provide your full legal name as it appears on your photo ID and a copy of your COVID vaccination record as soon as possible due to limited event seating.
Venue and details will be provided after registration.

All Sera Jey Foundation events are free as usual but donations of any amount are appreciated!
Please make checks payable to:
Sera Jey Foundation
1525 Elm Street El Cerrito, CA 94530
You may also donate via our website.

Return to “Gelug”