Singhamukha

Paulo

Singhamukha

Post by Paulo »

If a person has received the Empowerment of Vajrayogini, can he engage in Singhamukha's sadhana without receiving her empowerment?
PeterC

Re: Singhamukha

Post by PeterC »

Paulo wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:06 pm If a person has received the Empowerment of Vajrayogini, can he engage in Singhamukha's sadhana without receiving her empowerment?
No
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

PeterC wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:25 pm
Paulo wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:06 pm If a person has received the Empowerment of Vajrayogini, can he engage in Singhamukha's sadhana without receiving her empowerment?
No
Seconded.
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

All deity share the same essence. So i would say it is a matter of conscience and there is no definite answer. It depends on different things.

Normaly you would have to take the Simhamukha empowerment to practice Her sadhana.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Soma999 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:37 pm All deity share the same essence. So i would say it is a matter of conscience and there is no definite answer. It depends on different things.
No - you haven't entered the mandala, you can't do the practice. All deities are of the same essence, sure, but that's how it works. It isn't a matter of conscience and as a practical matter, the mantra of Singamukha isn't something you should just be using casually.
Normaly you would have to take the Simhamukha empowerment to practice Her sadhana.
In Nyingma, you might have received a different empowerment which when combined with a lung of the sadhana/mantra would permit you to practice. But the (sarma) Yogini empowerments don't work like that.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

There are empowerments possible for every diety, even for 21 Taras. Empowerments are very beneficial and it's very important to get them, especially for the difficult higher deities.
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

I thank each person who was willing to answer my question. I am satisfied. Gratitude. Tashi Delek! 🙏📿

Return to “Gelug”