Gelug teachers teaching online

Lobsang Chojor

Re: Gelug teachers teaching online

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

zerwe wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:27 am I figured as much Sera Jey NYC, and I imagine Minnesota, serve the local Tibetan community. Well, we can hope that a center with a western audience invites Rinpoche while he is here. The other option is that it might be time to really learn Tibetan.

Shaun :namaste:
Lion's Roar Centre in California has requested Jhado Rinpoche teach, and it seems likely they will have translation, but the schedule is unannounced still.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Translation for the Lama Chöpa teachings for Sera Jey Buddhist Culture Centre NY has been confirmed now, the image on Jhado Rinpoche's Facebook page says that it will be livestreamed on the SJBCC NY Facebook page as well
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:14 am Image

Translation for the Lama Chöpa teachings for Sera Jey Buddhist Culture Centre NY has been confirmed now, the image on Jhado Rinpoche's Facebook page says that it will be livestreamed on the SJBCC NY Facebook page as well
That is wonderful! How fortunate!

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:14 am Translation for the Lama Chöpa teachings for Sera Jey Buddhist Culture Centre NY has been confirmed now, the image on Jhado Rinpoche's Facebook page says that it will be livestreamed on the SJBCC NY Facebook page as well
Perfect! Hopefully I won't start work yet and will be able to follow. :twothumbsup:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:20 pm Perfect! Hopefully I won't start work yet and will be able to follow. :twothumbsup:
I don't know if Rinpoche will give it but Lama Chöpa commentaries often come with a commitment to practice Lama Chöpa daily. Just an FYI if you already have a lot of commitments
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:09 pm
Könchok Thrinley wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:20 pm Perfect! Hopefully I won't start work yet and will be able to follow. :twothumbsup:
I don't know if Rinpoche will give it but Lama Chöpa commentaries often come with a commitment to practice Lama Chöpa daily. Just an FYI if you already have a lot of commitments
Oh thanks for the heads up!
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

I asked them on the FB page if there will be commitments so we will see I guess.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

It is without commitments. :twothumbsup:

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:48 pm It is without commitments. :twothumbsup:
That's great to hear, I'll join when I can but it's 11pm-1am GMT so might watch recordings.
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Sera Jey Minnesota got back to me, but don't have any info regarding streaming yet and will update with details a later time.

zerwe

Post by zerwe »

I can't believe I forgot/missed the transmissions yesterday, but caught the teachings this evening. Precious and rich explanation.
We all are fortunate. Lama Chopa is such a profound practice and one that needs reinforcing again and again.

Return to “Gelug”