Chenresig-Green Tara -Ekajati

Sundara

Chenresig-Green Tara -Ekajati

Post by Sundara »

Hello everyone,
I received 2 times the initiation of Avalokiteshvara with Green Tara and Ekajati from HH the Dalai Lama, I was wondering if any of you know the history, the lineage and possibly where I can find the pictures and the related sadhana.
thank you for any information you will be able to give me
Tata1

Re: Chenresig-Green Tara -Ekajati

Post by Tata1 »

Interested
tobes

Post by tobes »

I know of a White Tara-Green Tara- Ekajati empowerment which HHDL has bestowed, which comes from a vision received by the great 5th Dalai-Lama. So there is a Nyingma-Dzogchen flavour here, which is intriguing.

Sorry, but I don't know of any pictures or sadhanas.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Sundara wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:07 pm Hello everyone,
I received 2 times the initiation of Avalokiteshvara with Green Tara and Ekajati from HH the Dalai Lama, I was wondering if any of you know the history, the lineage and possibly where I can find the pictures and the related sadhana.
I guess, the bureau of the Dalai Lama who performed that special initiation is the right address to ask for pictures and sadhana texts. There are many kinds of different sadhanas based on the same dieties. Therefore, if you receive any qualified answer in this thread, it is not at all granted that it would be the right special picture and sadhana that you received.
Sundara

Post by Sundara »

yes thank you, i will contact someone from Dharamsala :twothumbsup:
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

I think it is Ngönsum Kundröl, or Chenrezig Who Liberates from the Three Lower Realms from the Mitrayogin tradition.
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

As Seraphim pointed out above, this is most likely Chenrezig Ngensong Kundrol, Avalokitesvara that liberates from all lower realms. You can read the description about the jenang here. You can get the sadhana from FPMT here, and I believe the PDF includes an image of the deities.

Basically, Tagphu Dorje Chang (not sure which one, either the 4th Jamphel Tenpai Ngodrub or the earlier Lobsang Chokyi Wangchuk) had a vision of Mitrayogi who conferred this jenang and stated that each time a person receives this jenang it eliminates one future birth in the lower realms.
Sundara

Post by Sundara »

jmlee369 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:21 am
As Seraphim pointed out above, this is most likely Chenrezig Ngensong Kundrol, Avalokitesvara that liberates from all lower realms. You can read the description about the jenang here. You can get the sadhana from FPMT here, and I believe the PDF includes an image of the deities.

Basically, Tagphu Dorje Chang (not sure which one, either the 4th Jamphel Tenpai Ngodrub or the earlier Lobsang Chokyi Wangchuk) had a vision of Mitrayogi who conferred this jenang and stated that each time a person receives this jenang it eliminates one future birth in the lower realms.
Absolutely yes, finally, thank you very much for this very useful information
Pema Tingdron

Post by Pema Tingdron »

In the event you're still looking...

This 2018 post from Tibet.net describes H.H. the Dalai Lama bestowing the Ngen Song Kun Drol (Chenrezig-Green Tara-Ekajati) jenang in Dharamsala in 2018. Halfway down the page, there is a photograph of a thangka depicting this form of Chenrezig ("sitting in royal ease") and his retinue. It's a very clear image.

Return to “Gelug”