HHDL Avalokiteshvara empowerment

Grigoris
Former staff member

HHDL Avalokiteshvara empowerment

Post by Grigoris »

Does anybody have a copy of the Lokeshvara Simhananda sadhana?

I am asking for a friend that received the empowerment.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Yeshe Dorje

Re: HHDL Avalokiteshvara empowerment

Post by Yeshe Dorje »

You can get one from the FPMT store...sorry I am not techy enough to supply the link
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Yeshe Dorje wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:39 pm You can get one from the FPMT store...sorry I am not techy enough to supply the link
Found it! Thank you.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

Grigoris wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:53 pm
Yeshe Dorje wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:39 pm You can get one from the FPMT store...sorry I am not techy enough to supply the link
Found it! Thank you.
Im looking for i for the same reason. Mind sharing this link with me? You can pm it if you want.

And how do we know that it is the same lineage etc that Dalai Lama gave?
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Toenail wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:01 pm
Grigoris wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:53 pm
Found it! Thank you.
Im looking for i for the same reason. Mind sharing this link with me? You can pm it if you want.

Because FPMT is a mainstream Gelug organisation, run by Lama Zopa, which is closely linked to HHDL.

Of course this is not a guarantee, but it is as close to a guarantee as you can get in these issues.

reiun

Post by reiun »

Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT)

https://fpmt.org/centers/
tobes

Post by tobes »

I have it in pdf if anyone wishes via pm.
FromTheEarth

Post by FromTheEarth »

After the empowerment, the Taiwanese translator for HH, Jamyang Rinchen, has posted the link to this sadhana. This sadhana is authored by HH but the file is in Chinese and Tibetan languages only. Maybe someone can find an English version?
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

FromTheEarth wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:14 am After the empowerment, the Taiwanese translator for HH, Jamyang Rinchen, has posted the link to this sadhana. This sadhana is authored by HH but the file is in Chinese and Tibetan languages only. Maybe someone can find an English version?
That is for a four arm Chenrezig practice, but it is quite good to have on hand as it was authored by His Holiness as you mentioned, and quite concise. For those of you who want a practice in relation to the great initiation of 1000-arm Avalokitesvara His Holiness gave, the self generation sadhana with His Holiness' commentary is available here.
Grigoris wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:21 pm
Toenail wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:01 pm
Grigoris wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 1:53 pm Found it! Thank you.

Because FPMT is a mainstream Gelug organisation, run by Lama Zopa, which is closely linked to HHDL.

Of course this is not a guarantee, but it is as close to a guarantee as you can get in these issues.
The Korean translator has shared the sadhana and the deity generation is the same as found in the FPMT practice. The FPMT one is in turn based on the Rinjung Gyatsa, so I am quite certain that it is the same lineage, i.e. His Holiness conferred the jenang according to the lineage of Lotsawa Rinchen Zangpo and Chandragomin in the Rinjung Gyatsa. However, the FPMT practice isn't a proper sadhana, it's just the front generation and mantra recitation with preliminaries and dedication added to it. The Korean translator shared a fuller self-generation sadhana.
LhakpaT

Post by LhakpaT »

Was this a 1,000 Arm Avalokiteshvara wang with a Singhanada jenang? I am also wondering what class of tantra the initiation/s is from.
sangyey

Post by sangyey »

Does a Jenang allow you to practice the (subsequent) deity with generation of yourself as the deity and everything like that or is it sort of just an additional blessing?

Thank you.
Yeshe Dorje

Post by Yeshe Dorje »

This is a big topic that I don't feel qualified to answer but I can say that the sadhana I referred to above doesn't actually have a self generation. It has a front generation that is used to purify, like some Vajrasattva practices.
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

LhakpaT wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:45 pm Was this a 1,000 Arm Avalokiteshvara wang with a Singhanada jenang? I am also wondering what class of tantra the initiation/s is from.
Yes, primary event was the 1000 arm Avalokitesvara great initiation (wangchen) in the lineage of Gelongma Palmo, followed by Simhanada jenang. Both are kriya tantra.
sangyey wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:50 pm Does a Jenang allow you to practice the (subsequent) deity with generation of yourself as the deity and everything like that or is it sort of just an additional blessing?

Thank you.
Jenang allows you to engage in self generation sadhana practice only if you have received the appropriate wang of the same or higher class of tantra previously. In this case, since the 1000 arm Avalokitesvara wang (kriya class lotus family lord) was given beforehand, the Simhanada jenang (kriya class lotus family) allows you to engage in the full practice.
plain

Post by plain »

There's a really lovely version translated by the late David Gonsalez from Dechen Ling press that has the self-visualization.
Aloe_108

Post by Aloe_108 »

If I'm just looking for the sadhana for Thousand-Armed Avalokitesvara, where would I find that?
There are quite a few Thousand-Armed Avalokitesvara sadhanas online, but I'm not experienced enough to tell which one is from what specific lineage and so on. I've asked around and have yet to find a definitive answer.
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

Aloe_108 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:34 am If I'm just looking for the sadhana for Thousand-Armed Avalokitesvara, where would I find that?
There are quite a few Thousand-Armed Avalokitesvara sadhanas online, but I'm not experienced enough to tell which one is from what specific lineage and so on. I've asked around and have yet to find a definitive answer.
Please refer to my post below. It is the sadhana for 1000 arm Avalokitesvara in the lineage of Gelongma Palmo, which is the lineage of the great initiation given by His Holiness. There is a more extensive sadhana with front generation practice used for both general practice and Nyung-ne practice available from FPMT here.
jmlee369 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:25 am
FromTheEarth wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:14 am After the empowerment, the Taiwanese translator for HH, Jamyang Rinchen, has posted the link to this sadhana. This sadhana is authored by HH but the file is in Chinese and Tibetan languages only. Maybe someone can find an English version?
That is for a four arm Chenrezig practice, but it is quite good to have on hand as it was authored by His Holiness as you mentioned, and quite concise. For those of you who want a practice in relation to the great initiation of 1000-arm Avalokitesvara His Holiness gave, the self generation sadhana with His Holiness' commentary is available here.
Yeshe Dorje

Post by Yeshe Dorje »

Geshe Tenzin Zopa will be giving a commentary to this practice today Sat Jun 13 at 5 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time. It will be on the fpmt Australia youtube channel.

Return to “Gelug”