Geshe Sopa's Work

avatamsaka3

Geshe Sopa's Work

Post by avatamsaka3 »

I'm wondering if anyone has had a chance to read Geshe Sopa's Steps on the Path to Enlightenment: A Commentary on Tsongkhapa's Lamrim Chenmo. I'd like to use it to help me understand the Lamrim Chenmo, in addition to some of the other texts that are often suggested here. Does anyone have any feedback on it?
zerwe

Re: Geshe Sopa's Work

Post by zerwe »

I am currently reading these texts at the instruction of my Guru. I have read and received teachings on a fair amount of the Lam Rim literature and Geshe Sopa's is excellent and is quite extensive in explanation. This is a great text at any level of practice. The only downside is it is one of the longest :tongue: .

Shaun
stevie

Post by stevie »

There are 5 Volumes, right? I have read Vol. 1-3 a few years ago. Very detailed, good explanations and even better for deep study than the original. That's actually the main drawback if one seeks a more quick overview on the path... but then even the original may be too elaborate.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

All volumes are thumbs up. If no Geluk lama is around these five can provide all the inspiration & guidance one needs.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.

Return to “Gelug”