HH Sakya Trichen's Empowerment of Avalokiteshvara: Combination of Great Compassion and Mahamudra lineage?

stoneinfocus

HH Sakya Trichen's Empowerment of Avalokiteshvara: Combination of Great Compassion and Mahamudra lineage?

Post by stoneinfocus »

Hi all,

I'm sure many of you are aware of the initiation that HH 41st Sakya Trichen gave today online entitled "Empowerment of Avalokiteshvara: Combination of Great Compassion and Mahamudra".

I am wondering what the lineage and details, etc...of this empowerment is. His Holiness did not go into detail about any of this, only stating that it is an empowerment of 4-arm Chenrezig, and it sounded like he said it came from a Lama Sakyapa? Might have misheard that.

Perhaps HH 42nd Sakya Trizin will give more information tomorrow when he gives teachings on practice.

Thanks!
ratna

Re: HH Sakya Trichen's Empowerment of Avalokiteshvara: Combination of Great Compassion and Mahamudra lineage?

Post by ratna »

The lineage is Śākyamuni, Vajrāsanapāda, Bari Lotsawa, Sönam Tsemo, Drakpa Gyaltsen, Sakya Paṇḍita, etc.
stoneinfocus

Re: HH Sakya Trichen's Empowerment of Avalokiteshvara: Combination of Great Compassion and Mahamudra lineage?

Post by stoneinfocus »

ratna wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:34 am The lineage is Śākyamuni, Vajrāsanapāda, Bari Lotsawa, Sönam Tsemo, Drakpa Gyaltsen, Sakya Paṇḍita, etc.
Thanks, but I mean where is the empowerment from, who wrote it, in what cycle, etc...? Like, is it from the King's Tradition, etc...? Perhaps lineage was too broad of a term.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

stoneinfocus wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:07 pm
ratna wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:34 am The lineage is Śākyamuni, Vajrāsanapāda, Bari Lotsawa, Sönam Tsemo, Drakpa Gyaltsen, Sakya Paṇḍita, etc.
Thanks, but I mean where is the empowerment from, who wrote it, in what cycle, etc...? Like, is it from the King's Tradition, etc...? Perhaps lineage was too broad of a term.
It is a permission rite, and the actual permission rite was composed by Zhuchen Tsultrim Rinchen, an 18th century Sakya lama from Derge, Kham. It is not the Kings Tradition. That is a major empowerment. The cycle it is from is the Bari Gyatsa.
stoneinfocus

Post by stoneinfocus »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:15 pm
stoneinfocus wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:07 pm
It is a permission rite, and the actual permission rite was composed by Zhuchen Tsultrim Rinchen, an 18th century Sakya lama from Derge, Kham. It is not the Kings Tradition. That is a major empowerment. The cycle it is from is the Bari Gyatsa.
Thank you Malcolm, that is exactly what I wanted to know. :anjali:

Is jenang the correct term then, or is it a different kind of permission rite?
Last edited by stoneinfocus on Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Sakya”