Vajra Armor path is all the way from Ngondro through Thogal? Is this real?

Michael126unknown

Vajra Armor path is all the way from Ngondro through Thogal? Is this real?

Post by Michael126unknown »

I read somewhere the Vajra Armor practice path is all the way from the Sutra teaching all the way through Thogal over a long period of time, is this real? What is Vajra Armor? Which teachers do this, and do Malcolm, Sangye Khandro or Lama Chonam teach in these methods?
pemachophel

Re: Vajra Armor path is all the way from Ngondro through Thogal? Is this real?

Post by pemachophel »

I think you are referring to the course (and its advertising) offered by the late Acharya Lama Dawa Chodrak for 10 years or so. This course was authorized by Dungse Thrinley Norbu. Since Lama Dawa's passing, I don't know any other Lama offering anything similar. Lama Dawa's Consort, Kunzang Dechen Chodron, was authorized by Lama Dawa to continue this course but, due to Covid, there haven't been any retreats for a couple of years. To do this course, one did not need to have completed ngondro. The only prerequisites were Refuge, Bodhisatva vow, and any Guru Rinpoche empowerment. I did complete this course (took 10+ years) and culminated in first a 7-day and then a 21-day dark retreat. Instructions on threkchod and thodgal were not included. So I'm not sure that describing it as comprising everything from ngondro to thodgal is actually correct. If one already had received thodgal instructions, then one may have practiced thodgal in the dark retreats. Over the 10 years that I was involved, there was a high attrition rate.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
SuryaMitra

Post by SuryaMitra »

This retreat is soon starting again in Germany. Kunzang Dechen Chodron offers retreats again.
fckw

Post by fckw »

SuryaMitra wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:17 am This retreat is soon starting again in Germany. Kunzang Dechen Chodron offers retreats again.
In case anyone is looking for more info: https://www.phurbathinleyling.org/vajra ... ra-course/

Return to “Sakya”