HHST Through meditation, you can change the mind.

kirtu
Former staff member

HHST Through meditation, you can change the mind.

Post by kirtu »

Kyabgon Gongma Trichen Rinpoche
Kyabgon Gongma Trichen Rinpoche
HHST_41.jpg (73.78 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
Through meditation, you can change the mind. After all, everything is mind. Samsara, nirvana, happiness, suffering, good deeds, bad deeds - everything is in your mind. It is the mind that does right and wrong things and experiences happiness and suffering. So, you have to tame your mind.
Unless and until you tame the mind, you can´t make any progress on the path. Therefore, it is very important to train your mind.

His Holiness Sakya Trichen
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: HHST Through meditation, you can change the mind.

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

:bow: HHST is just fantastic. I've had the opportunity to be around him in person twice and I feel both times were a -serious- blessing to my beleaguered mindstream, even though once was just lunch at a buffet. One of the most transformative practices I've learned came from him and I feel serious lucky it did.

Here's a talk from here I very much loved: https://www.sakya.org/2015/01/good-buddhist/

By the title you'd think it was general, and in a sense it is, but it's also vast.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:13 am :bow: HHST is just fantastic. I've had the opportunity to be around him in person twice and I feel both times were a -serious- blessing to my beleaguered mindstream, even though once was just lunch at a buffet. One of the most transformative practices I've learned came from him and I feel serious lucky it did.

Here's a talk from here I very much loved: https://www.sakya.org/2015/01/good-buddhist/

By the title you'd think it was general, and in a sense it is, but it's also vast.
Wow that sounds marvelous. How did you manage to get to meet him?
ma lu dzok pe san gye thop par shok!
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

karmanyingpo wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:36 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:13 am :bow: HHST is just fantastic. I've had the opportunity to be around him in person twice and I feel both times were a -serious- blessing to my beleaguered mindstream, even though once was just lunch at a buffet. One of the most transformative practices I've learned came from him and I feel serious lucky it did.

Wow that sounds marvelous. How did you manage to get to meet him?
Well first time I had an empowerment from him, but the second time was a lunch at a buffet where my sangha group honored him and we ate together, we had the reception line outside the restaurant and everything, pretty cool! I don't recall exactly but I think it may have been a kind of thank you for my teachers translation work. He gave an empowerment at the center a few years before I was involved, and the current Sakya Trizin has given empowerment there recently. My center is connected to Sakya Monastery, being a Sakya/rime center So I'm pretty lucky to be in close proximity to serious juju sometimes.

Anyway, HHST's teachings are something special, one of the things I have really gotten from Sakya teaching style in general is the importance of the Mahayana foundation with Vajrayana practice. It sounds cliche, but I have never had anyone else explain it and connect the dots quite like him. Of course I have not had any of the Lamdre, Hevajra or any of that, so most of my experience is these teachings, and various smaller scale empowerments from a number of Sakya figures.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama

Return to “Sakya”