Vajrakilaya mandala

suerafatodd

Vajrakilaya mandala

Post by suerafatodd »

Hello! I’m wondering if anyone knows how I could obtain an image of the Sakya Vajrakilaya mandala. I received the empowerment and I’m trying to obtain an image for practice.

Thank you for any input you may have!
kirtu
Former staff member

Re: Vajrakilaya mandala

Post by kirtu »

suerafatodd wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:08 am Hello! I’m wondering if anyone knows how I could obtain an image of the Sakya Vajrakilaya mandala. I received the empowerment and I’m trying to obtain an image for practice.

I have lost my copy of the Sakya VK practice (so this was a specific sadhana that stemmed from a monastery abbot).

While there are visualizations found in that sadhana that aren't found in other (Nyingma) VK sadhanas that I am familiar with, there is nothing in the visualization of the deity that is radically different. So in general any image of VK will be beneficial.

You did ask for the Sakay VK mandala itself (so if you meant the deity visualization that is in the previous two sentences). Generally Sakya doesn't publish the mandalas used for empowerment. You might be able to find one online though but generally this will be difficult to find.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
heart

Re: Vajrakilaya mandala

Post by heart »

kirtu wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:07 pm
suerafatodd wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:08 am Hello! I’m wondering if anyone knows how I could obtain an image of the Sakya Vajrakilaya mandala. I received the empowerment and I’m trying to obtain an image for practice.

I have lost my copy of the Sakya VK practice (so this was a specific sadhana that stemmed from a monastery abbot).

While there are visualizations found in that sadhana that aren't found in other (Nyingma) VK sadhanas that I am familiar with, there is nothing in the visualization of the deity that is radically different. So in general any image of VK will be beneficial.

You did ask for the Sakay VK mandala itself (so if you meant the deity visualization that is in the previous two sentences). Generally Sakya doesn't publish the mandalas used for empowerment. You might be able to find one online though but generally this will be difficult to find.

Kirt
If you want to do a retreat you might need the mandala for the setup on your altar, right?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Sakya”