Kurukulle from the Hevajra tantra saddhana

etinin

Kurukulle from the Hevajra tantra saddhana

Post by etinin »

So, I have been practicing this one quite a lot in the context of the `13 golden dharmas`.
In the occasion of the empowerment we were given the English version of this saddhana.

Though I've been given complete instructions for the saddhana and the full English text, I'd like to know if any version with the tibetan text/transliteration together with the translation of saddhana exists.

Thanks
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni
crazy-man

Re: Kurukulle from the Hevajra tantra saddhana

Post by crazy-man »

Works
1. rje btsun ma ku ru kul+le'i sgrub skor/
Sadhanas and recitational rituals focussed on Kurukulle.
1 volume; 1 v. (461 p.). W8LS32609. [s.n.], [s.l.]. [n.d.]. dbu can.

2. rje btsun ma'i bsnyen bsgrub las gsum gyi man ngag srid gsum dbang du byed pa'i gnad yig
Instructions for perfomance of the sadhana of Kurukulle.
blo gsal rgya mtsho; 1 volume; 10 ff.. W1GS56167. [s.n.], {s.l.]. [n.d.]. blo gsal rgya mtsho'i sdes mdzad. dbu can.

3. rig byed ma'i be'u bum/
Collections of ritual and texts focussed upon Kurukulle deity.
1 volume; 489 p.. W8LS16845. [s.n.], [s.l.]. [n.d.]. dbu med.

eTexts
1. pod 23 gsung 'bum/_tA ra nA tha/ (dpe bsdur ma/)
Page 264 of tA ra nA tha; gsung 'bum/_tA ra nA tha/ (dpe bsdur ma/); W1PD45495. krung go'i bod rig pa dpe skrun khang, pe cin, 2008.
... ཡི་སྤྲ་ཧ་ཡ་བྷ་ག་བ་་རྒེའ་དུན་ན༷་བནྟ་བནྟ་ཧུ༷་ཧུ་ཕཊ་སྭཱཧཱ།ནི་ཧི་གཉི་ཟླ་བ་ཏྭ་ཡག་བ༵ས།མི།དབུས་རྩབས་དྲུག་ལ་ཀུརུཀུལླེ།།སྔགས་ན་༷༷གཉས་དབུས་ཆུདགེ་རྫོ་དྲོ།།མཚོ་བང་ནབས་ལོ་ལས།ཞིར་སྡེད།།བོ་མོའི་སྲོ་བཟླས་པས་ས་3ཡ་ཞང་།།ཅི་རྟ ...

2. pod 33 gsung 'bum/_tA ra nA tha/ (dpe bsdur ma/)
Page 293 of tA ra nA tha; gsung 'bum/_tA ra nA tha/ (dpe bsdur ma/); W1PD45495. krung go'i bod rig pa dpe skrun khang, pe cin, 2008.
... ོས་སེནྟ་པ་རྣམས་ལ་དེ་ཙམ་ཡོད་པར་མངོན་ནོ། །སྤྱིར་སྡེ་པ་བཞི་མ་འདྲེས་པ་ཡོད་ཀྱི་སྟེང་དུ་གནས་མའི་བུ་པ་དང་། ཀུརུཀུལླེ་པ་སྟེ་མང་བཀུར་བའི་གཉིས་དང་། རྟག་པར་སྨྲ་བ་དང་། འ་མིན་རྟེན་འདསཔར་སྨྲ་བ་སྟེ་ཕལ་ཆེན་པའི་གཉིས་དང་། གཞ ...

3. ༄༅། །ཀུ་རུ་ཀུལླེའི་རྗེས་གནང་བྱ་ཚུལ་རིག་བྱེད་ལམ་བཟང་ཉི་འོད་བཞུགས་སོ། །ན་མོ་གུ་རུ་རཏྣ་ཝརྡྷཱ་ཡེ།རིག་བྱེད་མའི་རྗེས་གནང་བྱ་བའི་ཚུལ་
ngag dbang kun dga' blo gros; gsung 'bum/ kun dga' blo gros/; W3JT13306. sa skya rgyal yongs gsung rab slob gnyer khang , Bouddha, Kathmandu, [2008].
... ་རང་གི་སྲིང་མོ་ཀུན་སྐྱིད་ཆོས་སྐལ་བཟང་མོའི་ངོར་བཀོད་པའོ།། །། PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT 2 ཀུན་དགའ་བློ་གྲོས། ཀུརུཀུལླེའི་རྗེས་གནང་བྱ་ཚུལ་རིག་བྱེད་ལམ་བཟང་ཉི་འོད། PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT 1
https://www.tbrc.org/#library_BannerSea ... kulle"

1. rig byed ma sngon mo'i char 'bebs kyi cho ga
blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma; gsung 'bum/_blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma (zhol par ma); W21507, 4 ff. [zhol par khang gsar pa], [lha sa]. [2000].

2. rig byed ma sngon mo'i char 'bebs kyi cho ga
blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma; gsung 'bum/_blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma/ (zhol par ma/); W21506, 4 ff. ngawang gelek demo, new delhi. 1969-1971.

3. rig byed ma sngon mo'i char 'bebs kyi cho ga
blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma; gsung 'bum/_blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma/; W4CZ302655, 5 ff. bla brang bkra shis 'khyil/, bla brang /. [n.d.].
https://www.tbrc.org/#!rid=T1GS2519
crazy-man

Post by crazy-man »

Kangyur
tantra / rgyud
ārya-tāra-kurukulle-kalpa

Tengyur
tantra / rgyud
[Anon.] // tārodbhavakurukullesādhana
[Anon.] // kurukullesādhana
Indrabhūti // kurukullesādhana
Nāgārjuna // muktakena tārodbhava-kurukulle-sādhana / muktakena tār[ākalp]odbhava-kurukullā-sādhana
http://databases.aibs.columbia.edu/
ratna

Post by ratna »

Here's one: http://www.buddhavisions.com/wp-content ... Dragpa.pdf

It comes through the Drikung lineage, but the Drikungpas' lineage of this deity comes from Sakya, and ultimately originates from the same source -- the master Sahajavilāsa's sadhana of Kurukullā from the Hevajra Tantra.

R
etinin

Post by etinin »

crazy-man wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:12 pm
Works
1. rje btsun ma ku ru kul+le'i sgrub skor/
1 volume; 1 v. (461 p.). W8LS32609. [s.n.], [s.l.]. [n.d.]. dbu can.

2. rje btsun ma'i bsnyen bsgrub las gsum gyi man ngag srid gsum dbang du byed pa'i gnad yig
blo gsal rgya mtsho; 1 volume; 10 ff.. W1GS56167. [s.n.], {s.l.]. [n.d.]. blo gsal rgya mtsho'i sdes mdzad. dbu can.

3. rig byed ma'i be'u bum/
1 volume; 489 p.. W8LS16845. [s.n.], [s.l.]. [n.d.]. dbu med.

eTexts
1. pod 23 gsung 'bum/_tA ra nA tha/ (dpe bsdur ma/)
Page 264 of tA ra nA tha; gsung 'bum/_tA ra nA tha/ (dpe bsdur ma/); W1PD45495. krung go'i bod rig pa dpe skrun khang, pe cin, 2008.
... ཡི་སྤྲ་ཧ་ཡ་བྷ་ག་བ་་རྒེའ་དུན་ན༷་བནྟ་བནྟ་ཧུ༷་ཧུ་ཕཊ་སྭཱཧཱ།ནི་ཧི་གཉི་ཟླ་བ་ཏྭ་ཡག་བ༵ས།མི།དབུས་རྩབས་དྲུག་ལ་ཀུརུཀུལླེ།།སྔགས་ན་༷༷གཉས་དབུས་ཆུདགེ་རྫོ་དྲོ།།མཚོ་བང་ནབས་ལོ་ལས།ཞིར་སྡེད།།བོ་མོའི་སྲོ་བཟླས་པས་ས་3ཡ་ཞང་།།ཅི་རྟ ...

2. pod 33 gsung 'bum/_tA ra nA tha/ (dpe bsdur ma/)
Page 293 of tA ra nA tha; gsung 'bum/_tA ra nA tha/ (dpe bsdur ma/); W1PD45495. krung go'i bod rig pa dpe skrun khang, pe cin, 2008.
... ོས་སེནྟ་པ་རྣམས་ལ་དེ་ཙམ་ཡོད་པར་མངོན་ནོ། །སྤྱིར་སྡེ་པ་བཞི་མ་འདྲེས་པ་ཡོད་ཀྱི་སྟེང་དུ་གནས་མའི་བུ་པ་དང་། ཀུརུཀུལླེ་པ་སྟེ་མང་བཀུར་བའི་གཉིས་དང་། རྟག་པར་སྨྲ་བ་དང་། འ་མིན་རྟེན་འདསཔར་སྨྲ་བ་སྟེ་ཕལ་ཆེན་པའི་གཉིས་དང་། གཞ ...

3. ༄༅། །ཀུ་རུ་ཀུལླེའི་རྗེས་གནང་བྱ་ཚུལ་རིག་བྱེད་ལམ་བཟང་ཉི་འོད་བཞུགས་སོ། །ན་མོ་གུ་རུ་རཏྣ་ཝརྡྷཱ་ཡེ།རིག་བྱེད་མའི་རྗེས་གནང་བྱ་བའི་ཚུལ་
ngag dbang kun dga' blo gros; gsung 'bum/ kun dga' blo gros/; W3JT13306. sa skya rgyal yongs gsung rab slob gnyer khang , Bouddha, Kathmandu, [2008].
... ་རང་གི་སྲིང་མོ་ཀུན་སྐྱིད་ཆོས་སྐལ་བཟང་མོའི་ངོར་བཀོད་པའོ།། །། PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT 2 ཀུན་དགའ་བློ་གྲོས། ཀུརུཀུལླེའི་རྗེས་གནང་བྱ་ཚུལ་རིག་བྱེད་ལམ་བཟང་ཉི་འོད། PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT 1
https://www.tbrc.org/#library_BannerSea ... kulle"

1. rig byed ma sngon mo'i char 'bebs kyi cho ga
blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma; gsung 'bum/_blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma (zhol par ma); W21507, 4 ff. [zhol par khang gsar pa], [lha sa]. [2000].

2. rig byed ma sngon mo'i char 'bebs kyi cho ga
blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma; gsung 'bum/_blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma/ (zhol par ma/); W21506, 4 ff. ngawang gelek demo, new delhi. 1969-1971.

3. rig byed ma sngon mo'i char 'bebs kyi cho ga
blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma; gsung 'bum/_blo bzang chos kyi nyi ma/; W4CZ302655, 5 ff. bla brang bkra shis 'khyil/, bla brang /. [n.d.].
https://www.tbrc.org/#!rid=T1GS2519
Thanks for the effort.

I tried tbrc. Most of the texts seem to be from other forms of kurukulle, not the anuttarayoga form from Hevajra Tantra.

The proper one seems to be the 'kye rdo rje'i rim pa'i rig byed pa'i sgrub thabs'. The "3 greater red ones" form of Kurukulle is the Hevajra-krama-kurukulla-sadhana, if I'm not mistaken.

I compiled my own version of namsel-ocr to try to get the transliterations and all. But the scans aren't good enough and the OCR is crap and won't even recognize seed syllables and I guess some of the less used characters to represent Sanskrit. I'm not skilled enough to fix all the mistakes I got from the OCR and translating is already a big task from someone who doesn't really speak a language. Unfortunately I cannot pay someone to compile the saddhana for me at this time, my currency is way too devalued and not enough spare money to do that for now.
Last edited by etinin on Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

"Meditation brings wisdom. Lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back."
Shakyamuni
etinin

Post by etinin »

ratna wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:02 pm Here's one: http://www.buddhavisions.com/wp-content ... Dragpa.pdf

It comes through the Drikung lineage, but the Drikungpas' lineage of this deity comes from Sakya, and ultimately originates from the same source -- the master Sahajavilāsa's sadhana of Kurukullā from the Hevajra Tantra.

R
Thanks very much!
This is really helpful. almost exactly what I was looking for. Missing parts like the inner offering and preliminaries but the main practice seems mostly to be the right one from what I remember. I might be able to get the inner offering from somewhere else. I'll compare the texts to make sure I got the lung to practice this one, which I should have, and at least some part of my practice can now be done in tibetan (I don't really like English saddhanas if, as a precarious Dharma practicioner I can have one with the transliteration plus the original text, the Tibetan letters for themselves are said to provide some blessings).
--Karma Rigpe Wangchuk

Shakyamuni

Return to “Sakya”