Sapan Sleeping Yoga

WeiHan

Sapan Sleeping Yoga

Post by WeiHan »

In the introduction chapter of The Three Levels of Spiritual Perception by Deshung Rinpoche, it is mentioned that he performed the sleep yoga by Sapan and always recited verses from the "Seven Point Mind Training" before retiring, as had been the custom of both his uncle Ngawang Nyima and Ajam Rinpoche. Is this "sleep yoga by Sapan" this meditation on Amitabha as in this link below? Feel free to add any points and any stories relating to this practice beside the question I asked above.

https://www.lotsawahouse.org/tibetan-ma ... n-amitabha
Inedible

Re: Sapan Sleeping Yoga

Post by Inedible »

If this means lucid NREM sleep, as opposed to lucid dreaming, then I want some too, please.
WeiHan

Re: Sapan Sleeping Yoga

Post by WeiHan »

I found the answer to my own question. The practice is the Amitabha sleep yoga in the lotsawa house's link provided. I believe it is a common practice done in Sakya and have a vague impression that Namdrol mentioned it. In a teaching of the prayer of good conduct by Khenpo Sodargye, he pointed to a Amitabha practice which I believed is this one. In the teaching, he mentioned that he found much solace after reading another commentary for the Prayer of good conduct that rebirth in Amitabha pureland is very much secured if one recites the prayer three times a day and a short Amitabha practice at night.

Return to “Sakya”