Bodily possession?

Humblepractioner

Bodily possession?

Post by Humblepractioner »

Hi there,

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of seemingly being controlled by something other than one's own mind? Of one's body doing doing things one doesn't want to do, and of having severe reactions to even thinking about basic Dharma concepts like benefitting beings?

This has been my experience and it is quite troubling, to understate it. I am desperate for help with this, because I have no idea what to do and who can help me get rid of this.

Would be grateful for some assistance.

Thanks.

Humble practicioner
Humblepractioner

Re: Bodily possession?

Also, apologies if this is not the right place to post, my first time on the forum.
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

My advise is to ask for help. All traditions have tools to handle those kind of situations. It has to be performed by skilled and ethical profesionnal. Unfortunatly i don’t know people in usa, but maybe some people here can help you.
Humblepractioner

Thanks for your reply. My problem is I don't know who to ask. All the people I have contacted so far have not answered. Any suggestions?
Humblepractioner

Do you know anyone in Europe or Asia? Location might not be a barrier to providing assistance...
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

Transpersonal psychology (holotropic breathing) maybe. Some energetician maybe. A lama who can perform a healing chod ceremony for exemple.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Humblepractioner wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:47 pm Hi there,

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of seemingly being controlled by something other than one's own mind? Of one's body doing doing things one doesn't want to do, and of having severe reactions to even thinking about basic Dharma concepts like benefitting beings?

This has been my experience and it is quite troubling, to understate it. I am desperate for help with this, because I have no idea what to do and who can help me get rid of this.
Seek medical help.
Humblepractioner

Thanks. I am waiting to hear back from a Tibetan doctor about it.

Also, I found in the Nyingma section of this site others who seem to have had similar experiences. They had some useful recommendations.
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

You can also do a search on this forum. Something like “spirits” would do.

Return to “Kagyu”