Vajrayogini

AnthonyKing

Vajrayogini

Post by AnthonyKing »

Hi. Are those who received the Vajrayogini empowerment from Rinchen Dorje Rinpoche yesterday at the forum?
I do not understand what kind of sadhana was given. The organizers sent a short sadhana, but it does not contain the four dakini mantras (which were given a lung).
Do you know from which tradition the initiation was and what is the correct name for sadhana?
lhaksam.dorje

Re: Vajrayogini

Post by lhaksam.dorje »

I also asked, and was given the (presumably the same) short sadhana. The vajra vairochanaye mantra was the one I was expecting in the sadhana so all good for me. Others on the forum will be be able to give knowledgeable responses, but I have before received empowerments that have included mantras that were not in the corresponding sadhana (well, not the one distributed to the congregation anyway)
Last edited by lhaksam.dorje on Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kelwin

Post by Kelwin »

I was not at the mentioned empowerment, so not informed of what happened there.

But yes, it is very normal to receive an empowerment for a full practice, and the sadhana for a short practice. Same thing happened when I received a Vajrayogini empowerment (wang) elsewhere. The full sadhana (and lung) is then only given after the full instructions (tri) to those who actually commit to practicing that.

Nowadays I prefer the short versions anyway, but that's just me.
'I will not take your feelings seriously, and neither will you' -Lama Lena
Natan

Post by Natan »

I'm pretty sure the long sadhana on Garchen Rinpoche's bookstore which contains those mantras. But it's super long and you would need to accumulate the mantra you have first.
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

I saw Garchen Rinpoche’s translator wrote on Facebook that any questions can be sent to [email protected].

Return to “Kagyu”