Achi Chokyi Drolma Yidam

AnthonyKing

Achi Chokyi Drolma Yidam

Post by AnthonyKing »

Hello.
Let me ask you a question about practice "The unelaborated, easy to implement Sadhana of the Sole Mother Chokyi Drolma".
It is not clear to me how to do the Yidam practice. The text says that the transformation takes place in Vajrakilaya. But then Tara appears from somewhere.
It is not clear to me at what moment we transform into Tara. Or do we not transform into her, but she is in front of us, and we are transformed into Vajrakilaya?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Achi Chokyi Drolma Yidam

Post by Ayu »

You should ask your teacher, because experience shows that different teachers give very different explanations to different students.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

AnthonyKing wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:55 am Hello.
Let me ask you a question about practice "The unelaborated, easy to implement Sadhana of the Sole Mother Chokyi Drolma".
It is not clear to me how to do the Yidam practice. The text says that the transformation takes place in Vajrakilaya. But then Tara appears from somewhere.
It is not clear to me at what moment we transform into Tara. Or do we not transform into her, but she is in front of us, and we are transformed into Vajrakilaya?
Yes,
I want to ask the same.
The webcast was not in good quality, so I couldn't understand very much....
Lost In Transmission
AnthonyKing

Post by AnthonyKing »

Ayu wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:38 am You should ask your teacher, because experience shows that different teachers give very different explanations to different students.

Unfortunately, my teacher is silent on Facebook.
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

Hi guys,
Dorje Lobpon Dr.Hun Lye has been teaching this cycle as per Tritsab Rinpoche’s request.You can find the recordings on DDIC Youtube.If you want to join the upcoming sessions,contact Singapore Drikung Dharmachakra center.They’ll be able to help you.
fckw

Post by fckw »

Ayu wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:38 am You should ask your teacher, because experience shows that different teachers give very different explanations to different students.
And yet the same sadhana text exposes the same letters to all practitioners without the slightest individual adaptations!

So, who is then right: The teacher who provides individualized explanations, or the sadhana text that does not?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

fckw wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:16 am
And yet the same sadhana text exposes the same letters to all practitioners without the slightest individual adaptations!

So, who is then right: The teacher who provides individualized explanations, or the sadhana text that does not?
The sadhana texts differ from teacher to teacher most of the time - AFAIK.
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

This particular sadhana is very loose and unconventional in many ways.It doesn’t describe the appearance of the yidam in the meditation part but only describes it in the activities.Hence,the confusion.
AnthonyKing

Post by AnthonyKing »

Kaung wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:30 am Hi guys,
Dorje Lobpon Dr.Hun Lye has been teaching this cycle as per Tritsab Rinpoche’s request.You can find the recordings on DDIC Youtube.If you want to join the upcoming sessions,contact Singapore Drikung Dharmachakra center.They’ll be able to help you.
Kaung, thanks for the answer.
Can you tell me if these comments exist in writing, in the form of text? I find it difficult to comprehend English by ear.
Or maybe you will write a short answer here? How to visualize a yidam?
Thanks.
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

AnthonyKing wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:45 am
Can you tell me if these comments exist in writing, in the form of text? I find it difficult to comprehend English by ear.
Thanks.
I sent a message to you.Please check your dms.
AnthonyKing

Post by AnthonyKing »

Kaung wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:22 am
Thanks.

Thank You!
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

AnthonyKing wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:04 pm
Kaung wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:22 am

Thanks.
Thank You!
Any news in the pm you could share?
Lost In Transmission
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Kaung wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:35 pm
This particular sadhana is very loose and unconventional in many ways.It doesn’t describe the appearance of the yidam in the meditation part but only describes it in the activities.Hence,the confusion.
Yes, it seems because of that and because the name of the yidam and the mantra in this sadhana
is the same as that of an other main male yidam :shrug:
Lost In Transmission
Danny

Post by Danny »

Keep going with this thread, personally it’s of interest to me. I would like to read more.
Danny

Post by Danny »

AnthonyKing wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:55 am The text says that the transformation takes place in Vajrakilaya. But then Tara appears from somewhere.

This is very technical specific question.
As a general rule of thumb, one does not stand in front normal, without transformation first.
That’s actually not very good thing to do. So your question is very valid, and needs clarification.
Not from me though lol...apparently there’s something “wrong with me”.
Makes perfect sense to me.. but it needs to make perfect sense to you. You need instructions.

Please feel free to PM

Always happy to share what I know.
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

Danny wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:59 pm Keep going with this thread, personally it’s of interest to me. I would like to read more.
There isn’t much going on with this cycle,what you’ve got is what you’ve got and that’s it.Maybe we can supplicate Tritsab Rinpoche to compose a commentary or expand it but he doesn’t seem very keen on that.I personally don’t think expanding it would be a good idea.After all,the title says “unelaborated”.But yeah,there are some rituals like divination that might be quite useful but no one to instruct.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Kaung wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:11 pm
Danny wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:59 pm Keep going with this thread, personally it’s of interest to me. I would like to read more.
There isn’t much going on with this cycle,what you’ve got is what you’ve got and that’s it.Maybe we can supplicate Tritsab Rinpoche to compose a commentary or expand it but he doesn’t seem very keen on that.I personally don’t think expanding it would be a good idea.After all,the title says “unelaborated”.But yeah,there are some rituals like divination that might be quite useful but no one to instruct.
Ok, un elaborate is a tell tale sign no?
So yes, again I have a personal interest. Beyond just curiosity. Would be happy to chat with the Rinpoche.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The teacher, of course.
Kaung

Post by Kaung »

Danny wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:38 pm
Kaung wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:11 pm
Ok, un elaborate is a tell tale sign no?
So yes, again I have a personal interest. Beyond just curiosity. Would be happy to chat with the Rinpoche.
That’s just my opinion,that it should be practiced in a simple manner,nothing much.Yeah,it’s an interesting practice and would be helpful if Rinpoche can compose a commentary but he can be hard to get to at times and we might have to request as a group.Otherwise,what you get is what you get,just add Mahamudra or Dzogchen and it’s complete.Actually,Drikung lamas tend to have the lung for it,just ask around.As you might already know,you just need the lung for this cycle and any Achi empowerment will do.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Cool I will.

And it’s related to dzogchen for sure.

I just need to know why.

And that’s what’s the query form my side.
Not expecting anyone else to know the why.
I don’t need an empowerment.

Thanks

Return to “Kagyu”