Kurukulle Aural Transmission

Vajrakilaya2021

Kurukulle Aural Transmission

Post by Vajrakilaya2021 »

:buddha2: Good evening Vajra Bothers and Sisters,

yesterday Garchen Rinpoche bestowed Kurukulle Empowerment but they also gave the Kurukulle Aural Transmission.So does anyone have any idea what this lung is??????Is there a specific sadhana or a specific use????

Thank you
Kris

Re: Kurukulle Aural Transmission

Post by Kris »

Vajrakilaya2021 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:12 pm

yesterday Garchen Rinpoche bestowed Kurukulle Empowerment but they also gave the Kurukulle Aural Transmission.So does anyone have any idea what this lung is??????Is there a specific sadhana or a specific use????

Thank you
One was for a practice by Rigdzin Chokyi Dragpa.
The second transmission was for a terma practice by Terton Nuden Dorje.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
ratna

Post by ratna »

The first sadhana is available on https://www.buddhavisions.com.
The second transmission was for the Lotus Hook of Attainment, a Red Tārā practice from the terma of Ösel Dorje.

R
Kris

Post by Kris »

ratna wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:37 am The first sadhana is available on https://www.buddhavisions.com.
The second transmission was for the Lotus Hook of Attainment, a Red Tārā practice from the terma of Ösel Dorje.

R
:thumbsup:
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
tony_montana

Post by tony_montana »

Thank you
I was sent the two sadhanas, the Kurukulla picture and Root Verses regarding the 6 Bardos teaching by HE Garchen Rinpoche upon emailing [email protected], I'd strongly recommend that you do so since you've taken the Empowerment and Lung, if you haven't yet.

The first Sadhana is originally available from:
[Moderator's edit: If at all, please share such links via PM.]

I don't know of any other source of the second Sadhana except by emailing at the above email address (which is for the Garchen Munich Center - https://www.garchen.de/ that has hosted the event). :twothumbsup:

One question to everyone, if I may, is this empowerment the same as that of the Three Great Red Ones (mar po kor sum) from the 13 Golden Dharmas of the Sakyas (seems so as they mentioned Sahajalalita during the empowerment, but I'm not 100% sure so asking) Thanks :smile:
ratna

Post by ratna »

tony_montana wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:22 am One question to everyone, if I may, is this empowerment the same as that of the Three Great Red Ones (mar po kor sum) from the 13 Golden Dharmas of the Sakyas (seems so as they mentioned Sahajalalita during the empowerment, but I'm not 100% sure so asking) Thanks :smile:
Yes, this was Kurukullā from the Hevajra Tantra from the lineage of Sahajalalita (or, more correctly, Sahajavilāsa), so the lineage originates from the same Indian source. It entered Drikung after having been transmitted within the Sakya lineage, from there reaching Shamar Chokyi Drakpa of the Karma Kagyu who then passed it on to Gyalwang Rinchen Phuntsok. The lineage in Tibet doesn't seem to be the same as that of the Golden Dharmas. As usual, Sakyapas also transmit the more extensive "uncommon" version of the practice.

R
Vajrakilaya2021

ratna wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:37 am The first sadhana is available on https://www.buddhavisions.com.

R
buddhavisions.com site NOT FOUND......... :thinking:
Vajrakilaya2021

tony_montana wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:22 am

Thank you
I was sent the two sadhanas, the Kurukulla picture and Root Verses regarding the 6 Bardos teaching by HE Garchen Rinpoche upon emailing [email protected], I'd strongly recommend that you do so since you've taken the Empowerment and Lung, if you haven't yet.

I don't know of any other source of the second Sadhana except by emailing at the above email address (which is for the Garchen Munich Center - https://www.garchen.de/ that has hosted the event). :twothumbsup:

One question to everyone, if I may, is this empowerment the same as that of the Three Great Red Ones (mar po kor sum) from the 13 Golden Dharmas of the Sakyas (seems so as they mentioned Sahajalalita during the empowerment, but I'm not 100% sure so asking) Thanks :smile:
I was also sent the main sadhana of the empowerment and the picture of Kurukulle...So,i guess i have to send them a second email for the other 2 :rolling:
Vajrakilaya2021

thank you very much for your replies :namaste:
tony_montana

Post by tony_montana »

ratna wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:21 am
tony_montana wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:22 am One question to everyone, if I may, is this empowerment the same as that of the Three Great Red Ones (mar po kor sum) from the 13 Golden Dharmas of the Sakyas (seems so as they mentioned Sahajalalita during the empowerment, but I'm not 100% sure so asking) Thanks :smile:
Yes, this was Kurukullā from the Hevajra Tantra from the lineage of Sahajalalita (or, more correctly, Sahajavilāsa), so the lineage originates from the same Indian source. It entered Drikung after having been transmitted within the Sakya lineage, from there reaching Shamar Chokyi Drakpa of the Karma Kagyu who then passed it on to Gyalwang Rinchen Phuntsok. The lineage in Tibet doesn't seem to be the same as that of the Golden Dharmas. As usual, Sakyapas also transmit the more extensive "uncommon" version of the practice.

R
Thank you! That is very informative indeed :twothumbsup:
tony_montana

Post by tony_montana »

Vajrakilaya2021 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:22 am
tony_montana wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:22 am

Thank you

I was also sent the main sadhana of the empowerment and the picture of Kurukulle...So,i guess i have to send them a second email for the other 2 :rolling:
I actually did specifically ask for the second sadhana as I had the first one already, maybe they only give it to ones who specifically ask for it.

Wish you all the luck with your Sadhana, Kurukulla bless! :anjali:
heart

Post by heart »

Vajrakilaya2021 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:19 am

R
buddhavisions.com site NOT FOUND......... :thinking:
http://www.buddhavisions.com ssl not working.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
ratna

Post by ratna »

nightbloom

Post by nightbloom »

I’m late to the party here, but can someone please clarify whether there were three sadhanas (2 Kurukulla and 1 red Tara) associated with this event, or just Sahajalalita’s Kurukulla (available on Buddhavisions) and Osel Dorje’s Red Tara?
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

nightbloom wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:31 pm I’m late to the party here, but can someone please clarify whether there were three sadhanas (2 Kurukulla and 1 red Tara) associated with this event, or just Sahajalalita’s Kurukulla (available on Buddhavisions) and Osel Dorje’s Red Tara?
If I remember well: only Shajalalita's & Osel Dorje's
Lost In Transmission
nightbloom

Post by nightbloom »

That seems to be the case. I misunderstood something someone said earlier in thread.

Must say, I'm having a bit of trouble with the Sahajalalita sadhana. Parts are a bit ambiguous. Asked for assistance in the tantra subforum, but figure I should ask here as well, given that traffic in the former seems minimal.
tulong

Post by tulong »

R
Can you send me the second sadhana ?
ratna

Post by ratna »

tulong wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:02 am

R
Can you send me the second sadhana ?
I only have it in Tibetan, sorry.

R
AmidaB

Post by AmidaB »

Sorry for re-animating, but maybe it qualifies:
https://www.drikungtmc.com/wp-content/u ... inment.pdf

Return to “Kagyu”