About Garchen blessing butter

KonchogUrgyenNyima

About Garchen blessing butter

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

Hello,

I had GBI send me some of that blessing butter in the little plastic container that you get get on their website.

On the inside are two little pebbles that have holes in them and look like they are possibly beads? Does anyone know what those are for? Or what they are?

Thanks a ton
n8pee

Re: About Garchen blessing butter

Post by n8pee »

My assumption was that those 'pebbles' were the blessed substance. I'm not sure how the butter that is used to lubricate the prayer wheel ends up in that form, but mine also seemed like ointment with what looked like a shard of dark, harder material in it.
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

n8pee wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:36 pm My assumption was that those 'pebbles' were the blessed substance. I'm not sure how the butter that is used to lubricate the prayer wheel ends up in that form, but mine also seemed like ointment with what looked like a shard of dark, harder material in it.
Thats an interesting take. I’m pretty sure this butter is the same butter that Rinpoche rubs under our noses, correct? He is always talking about the benefits of this butter and i’m pretty sure that the butter itself is the blessed substance. Did your little pebbles have holes in them?

Maybe i should just email GBI but it seems like its hard to get them to email back these days.
n8pee

Post by n8pee »

The blessing butter makes in appearance (at 1:15) in the new Garchen Rinpoche documentary along with an explanation of it's origin:
https://garchen.net/for-the-benefit-of-all-beings/

I enjoyed this documentary very much. I did not know about Garchen's time spent fighting the Chinese forces.

Return to “Kagyu”