White Tara Lineage in Kagyu Kamtsang

White Tara Lineage in Kagyu Kamtsang

Post by 454080 »

Good day to the residents of the forum! I am busy compiling information on the Karma Kamtsang Tree of Refuge and faced a deficit of information on the White Tara lineage in Karma Kagyu. Who knows help with information, please.
FiveSkandhas

Re: White Tara Lineage in Kagyu Kamtsang

Post by FiveSkandhas »

I don't know but I do know my all-time favorite Buddhist statue is a White Tara by the brilliant and multi-talented Mongolian artist, writer, and spiritual/political leader Zanabazar:
sitatara.jpg
sitatara.jpg (33.77 KiB) Viewed 673 times
"One should cultivate contemplation in one’s foibles. The foibles are like fish, and contemplation is like fishing hooks. If there are no fish, then the fishing hooks have no use. The bigger the fish is, the better the result we will get. As long as the fishing hooks keep at it, all foibles will eventually be contained and controlled at will." -Zhiyi

"Just be kind." -Atisha
Silent Bob

Re: White Tara Lineage in Kagyu Kamtsang

Post by Silent Bob »

There are extensive supplications to that lineage, by name, in the well-known sadhanas by Tenpe Nyinche and Jamgon Kongtrul the Great.

Chris
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"

Return to “Kagyu”