Origin of wishes to lineage in Mikyo Dorje sadhana (8 th Karmapa guruyoga)

Karma Gjurme

Origin of wishes to lineage in Mikyo Dorje sadhana (8 th Karmapa guruyoga)

Post by Karma Gjurme »

Dears,

I have heard that wishes to lineage in Mikyo Dorje sadhana (famous th Karmapa guruyoga, Thün ši lame naljor) - the last long wishes - was added subsequently later. Do you know who is author of this wishes or when they were added to sadhana?

Good wishes for all
aussiebloke

Re: Origin of wishes to lineage in Mikyo Dorje sadhana (8 th Karmapa guruyoga)

Post by aussiebloke »

I heard a recording years ago of a teaching on Thun Zhi Lamai Naljor given by Kalu Rinpoche at Samye Ling in Scotland. He did say that this additional supplication was an addition to Mikyo Dorje's original composition that " someone" had later added. He seemed not to be aware of who added it .
Karma Gjurme

Post by Karma Gjurme »

Thank you. I have heard that some wishes has added 9 th Karmapa, but I do not exactly which one.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

This is a wonderful practice.

9th Karmapa wrote a commentary on this, and some other practices, but it's not often used--lots of liturgy added in. The main commentary is Karma Chagme's instruction. I think it is traditional to add new Karmapa's names, just as one would do in any lineage prayer, but I am not sure who exactly added all those.

Also, although it is known as The Mikyo Dorje Guru Yoga sometimes, it's appropriate to use any Karmapa......
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

Return to “Kagyu”