Yangzab Shitro

Wizard in the Forest

Yangzab Shitro

Post by Wizard in the Forest »

I received the Yangzab Shitro empowerment yesterday and I don't know where I could get the Sādhanā. Anyone got any tips of who to ask for it because the GBI didn't answer my email and I was wondering if anyone else has the Sādhanā or if there is no Sādhanā.
lelopa

Re: Yangzab Shitro

Post by lelopa »

Same here.

It seems that there are in general very few infos about yangzab in the www
Lost In Transmission
Vajra Vāyasa

Post by Vajra Vāyasa »

Same, I'm wondering if there's any specific sadhana or pratice for the Zhitro and the Phowa. I couldn't find anything in the Garchen Institue or the Gar Drolma websites.
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Vajra Vāyasa wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:31 am Same, I'm wondering if there's any specific sadhana or pratice for the Zhitro and the Phowa. I couldn't find anything in the Garchen Institue or the Gar Drolma websites.
A vajra friend told me that the Phowa was actually not transmitted, there were however precious teachings, from Rinpoche on how to do phowa in general. This was confusing to me since the event info seemed to say transmission. But extremely precious none the less :)
This was from a friend and not from Rinpoche himself or from Garchen Institute so please correct me if this is incorrect thanx

KN
ma lu dzok pe san gye thop par shok!
Wizard in the Forest

Oh the teaching was fantastic but if there is also an untranslated Terzö text I would be willing to try and help figure it out but I didn't know if there even is one. Working off nothing is fairly hard but if the Tibetan is transcribed anywhere even if just written down to work with that would also be helpful, because I could at least get an idea of what we are going to be doing.

Additionally I think there was going to be a transmission for Phowa practice but it seemed Garchen Rinpoche is under the weather and it is extremely risky to transmit it when you are sick especially when there was a conflict year for him where obstacles will be great.

Sidebar: Everyone please do some White Tara Accumulations and Uṣṇīṣavijayā Accumulations and dedicate it to him.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

IMO the only address to ask for a Sadhana is the organization where you received the empowerment. Insist there.
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Wizard in the Forest wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:09 am
Additionally I think there was going to be a transmission for Phowa practice but it seemed Garchen Rinpoche is under the weather and it is extremely risky to transmit it when you are sick especially when there was a conflict year for him where obstacles will be great.

Sidebar: Everyone please do some White Tara Accumulations and Uṣṇīṣavijayā Accumulations and dedicate it to him.
May he live LONG!!!!! and continue to live in easy happy prosperous conditions and state of body speech and mind to continue benefiting countless Beings!

KN
Wizard in the Forest

Ayu wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:21 am IMO the only address to ask for a Sadhana is the organization where you received the empowerment. Insist there.

I did that and there was no response. And I messaged Gar Drölma who said GBI institute would give the text, but no dice.
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

When I emailed Gar Drolma a week or so before this weekend's empowerment and teachings they actually said no practice/sadhana would be given. I ended up getting the shitro sadhanas from fellow poster bryandavis instead.
Wizard in the Forest

Could you possibly PM me the document or give me an idea of where to find it?
Vajra Vāyasa

Post by Vajra Vāyasa »

karmanyingpo wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:15 am
Vajra Vāyasa wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:31 am Same, I'm wondering if there's any specific sadhana or pratice for the Zhitro and the Phowa. I couldn't find anything in the Garchen Institue or the Gar Drolma websites.
A vajra friend told me that the Phowa was actually not transmitted, there were however precious teachings, from Rinpoche on how to do phowa in general. This was confusing to me since the event info seemed to say transmission. But extremely precious none the less :)
This was from a friend and not from Rinpoche himself or from Garchen Institute so please correct me if this is incorrect thanx

KN
Yes, it seemed to me that way, only teachings but no actual transmission. Still, beautiful and precious teachings by Rinpoche as always.
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Wizard in the Forest wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:54 pm Could you possibly PM me the document or give me an idea of where to find it?
I would also appreciate help in this regard

KN
qalb

Post by qalb »

If someone could pm me as well, I’d be greatful!🙏🏼
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Me too.
Lost In Transmission
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

There is no single Yangzab Zhitro practice. That is not how it works.

There is an outer, inner, and secret peaceful deity sadhana, and an outer, inner, and secret wrathful deity sadhana.

Also the mantras are not the same as the Zhitro everyone is familiar from the Karma Lingpa, etc.

There is a manual on how to combine the mandalas in order to give the empowerment.
Cinnabar

Post by Cinnabar »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:05 pm There is no single Yangzab Zhitro practice. That is not how it works.

There is an outer, inner, and secret peaceful deity sadhana, and an outer, inner, and secret wrathful deity sadhana.

Also the mantras are not the same as the Zhitro everyone is familiar from the Karma Lingpa, etc.

There is a manual on how to combine the mandalas in order to give the empowerment.
There are also combined peaceful-wrathful sadhanas.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Cinnabar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:29 pm
Malcolm wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:05 pm There is no single Yangzab Zhitro practice. That is not how it works.

Indeed, but it is pretty clear that the peaceful and wrathful deities are intended, in general, to be practiced separately and systematically.
Cinnabar

Post by Cinnabar »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:42 pm

Indeed, but it is pretty clear that the peaceful and wrathful deities are intended, in general, to be practiced separately and systematically.
Certainly that is true.
Wizard in the Forest

That's nice and all, but I don't have any of the Sādhanās and am looking for them if anyone has them that would be helpful.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Cinnabar wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:05 pm
Malcolm wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:42 pm

Certainly that is true.
This is why I stated that really there really was no combined Zhitro sadhana in Yangzab, in general. It just isn't the same system as say the Karling Shitro, etc.

I've received this empowerment from Ontul Rinpoche. I've also received the lung for all the basic texts in Yangzab, again from Ontul Rinpoche.

There are other systems where this is the case as well, for example, in the Khandro Nyinthig, there is a five buddha family peaceful deitiy practice, but no wrathful deity practice, other than Yogini and Hayagriva. Yangzab is actually a branch of the Khandro Nyinthig.

In reality, the Yangzab Shitro is more like the Guhyagarbha system, where there are separate sadhanas for the peaceful deities and the wrathful deities.

Return to “Kagyu”