Yangzab Shitro

Malcolm

Re: Yangzab Shitro

Post by Malcolm »

Wizard in the Forest wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:29 pm That's nice and all, but I don't have any of the Sādhanās and am looking for them if anyone has them that would be helpful.
Do you know Tibetan? As far as I know, they have not been translated. Here are the peaceful deities:

https://www.tbrc.org/#library_work_View ... 8%7CW23158
n8pee

Post by n8pee »

Wizard in the Forest wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:29 pm That's nice and all, but I don't have any of the Sādhanās and am looking for them if anyone has them that would be helpful.
Khenpo Samdup mentioned on the follow-up teaching from this weekend's empowerment this evening that tomorrow he will present a sadhana.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

n8pee wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:49 am
Khenpo Samdup mentioned on the follow-up teaching from this weekend's empowerment this evening that tomorrow he will present a sadhana.
:?:
Where? When?

Via Zoom Wednesday 7 pm EST?
Lost In Transmission
n8pee

Post by n8pee »

lelopa wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:54 am :?:
Where? When?

Via Zoom Wednesday 7 pm EST?
Correct, this evening. I can forward you link if you want to DM me an email address.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Wizard in the Forest wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:05 pm
Ayu wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:21 am IMO the only address to ask for a Sadhana is the organization where you received the empowerment. Insist there.

I did that and there was no response. And I messaged Gar Drölma who said GBI institute would give the text, but no dice.
Gar Drolma sent a link to download a sadhana to those who registered for the wang
Lost In Transmission
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Sadhana transmission was given last night via Gar Drolma Zoom.

Here’s a little bio of Khenpo Samdup who gave the transmission.

http://drikungdharmasurya.org/khenpo-samdup/
Danny

Post by Danny »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:05 pm There is no single Yangzab Zhitro practice. That is not how it works.

There is an outer, inner, and secret peaceful deity sadhana, and an outer, inner, and secret wrathful deity sadhana.

Also the mantras are not the same as the Zhitro everyone is familiar from the Karma Lingpa, etc.

There is a manual on how to combine the mandalas in order to give the empowerment.
Agree with Malcolm on this.
There’s phowas related to 3 kayas, as for the 100 peaceful wrathful vajrasattva shitro, reading karma
Lingpas termas would be beneficial in general, but practice and lineage specific concerns,
(If that’s your thing) your gonna have to squeeze the empowerer for clarity.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Danny wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:30 pm
Malcolm wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:05 pm There is no single Yangzab Zhitro practice. That is not how it works.

There is an outer, inner, and secret peaceful deity sadhana, and an outer, inner, and secret wrathful deity sadhana.

Also the mantras are not the same as the Zhitro everyone is familiar from the Karma Lingpa, etc.

There is a manual on how to combine the mandalas in order to give the empowerment.
There’s phowas related to 3 kayas, as for the 100 peaceful wrathful vajrasattva shitro, reading karma
Lingpas termas would be beneficial in general, but practice and lineage specific concerns,
Ok, but we received a single shitro-practice which doesn't exist.
But: yes, it is very different from usual (Karling, Namcho, etc.) practices.

And there is an outer/inner/secret peaceful sadhana translation, which is nevertheless different from the tbrc-sadhana.
I am searchin for a wrathful inner/outer/secret sadhana...
Lost In Transmission
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

lelopa wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:30 am

Can you send me the link? I have received this empowerment from Ontul Rinpoche. I looked in the eight volume collection of Yangzab texts, but did not see a combined shitro sadhana.
ratna

Post by ratna »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm Can you send me the link? I have received this empowerment from Ontul Rinpoche. I looked in the eight volume collection of Yangzab texts, but did not see a combined shitro sadhana.
Here's the link: https://gardrolma.org/product/the-conci ... ab-shitro/
It's a short sadhana by Lho Nuden Dorje from his Utpala'i phreng ba, a compilation of short Sarma and Nyingma sadhanas.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm
lelopa wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:30 am

Can you send me the link? I have received this empowerment from Ontul Rinpoche. I looked in the eight volume collection of Yangzab texts, but did not see a combined shitro sadhana.
Ratna was faster
Lost In Transmission
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

ratna wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:15 pm
Malcolm wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:56 pm Can you send me the link? I have received this empowerment from Ontul Rinpoche. I looked in the eight volume collection of Yangzab texts, but did not see a combined shitro sadhana.
Here's the link: https://gardrolma.org/product/the-conci ... ab-shitro/
It's a short sadhana by Lho Nuden Dorje from his Utpala'i phreng ba, a compilation of short Sarma and Nyingma sadhanas.
Yes, so comparatively modern, which is why it does not show up in the earlier collections.

M
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Lost In Transmission
yagmort

Post by yagmort »

is there any mundane, practical application for zhitro? you know, like it is said that chö can be used for healing or weather control and wrathful practices can be used to remove obstacles or even black magic sorta things like Yamantaka.
stay open, spread love
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

yagmort wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:39 pm is there any mundane, practical application for zhitro? you know, like it is said that chö can be used for healing or weather control and wrathful practices can be used to remove obstacles or even black magic sorta things like Yamantaka.
Purification & enlightenment (Nirvana)

:mrgreen:
Lost In Transmission
heart

Post by heart »

yagmort wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:39 pm is there any mundane, practical application for zhitro? you know, like it is said that chö can be used for healing or weather control and wrathful practices can be used to remove obstacles or even black magic sorta things like Yamantaka.
Yes, often some kind of practice for leading the dead. However this idea that all yidams should satisfy a secondary practical use is a misappropriation of ChNNR teachings. If your main practice is Dzogchen that might be true, but only then. Yidam is a part of the main practice if you practice anything below Dzogchen.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Kagyu”