Online resources for mantras in Kaygu school

Pårl

Online resources for mantras in Kaygu school

Post by Pårl »

Good morning everyone - happy Lunar New Year.

Does anyone know of a good online resource for the most important mantra used in the Kagyu school. My aspiration is to get to know them, understand them and start using them in my daily life.

Any and all help much appreciated!

Thanks

Paul
Tata1

Re: Online resources for mantras in Kaygu school

Post by Tata1 »

Paul2020 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:32 am Good morning everyone - happy Lunar New Year.

Does anyone know of a good online resource for the most important mantra used in the Kagyu school. My aspiration is to get to know them, understand them and start using them in my daily life.

Any and all help much appreciated!

Thanks

Paul
This thing you usually receive from teachers through wang, lung, tri, that its initation, reading transmission and explanation.
Pårl

Post by Pårl »

Many thanks Tata1.

At the moment the only really contact I have with me teach is a one-hour group meditation each evening. I suppose once things are open again, I will be able to discuss these matters directly and in person with the Lama at the institute.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Talk to the lama. It doesn’t have to be in person. With everything in lockdown he might have enough spare time.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

You probably know the Mani, and Tara's mantra. Good to learn the 100 syllable Vajrasattva mantra....

As for other mantras, you need to "receive" them from a qualified guru.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Pårl

Post by Pårl »

Many thanks everyone for the information and your advice.

Return to “Kagyu”