Red Yamantaka / Rakta Yamari Sadhana Text of Drikung Kagyu

tony_montana

Red Yamantaka / Rakta Yamari Sadhana Text of Drikung Kagyu

Post by tony_montana »

Hi All,

Could someone kindly give me the Sadhana Text of Red Yamantaka / Rakta Yamari from the Drikung Kagyu Lineage please. This follows the empowerment given my H.E. Garchen Rinpoche and lung for the sadhana was given by Lama Nima at the conclusion of the teachings sessions by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche.

Also, if I may ask as an aside, is the practice of VajraBhairava commonly followed in the Drikung lineage also? If so is the iconography of VajraBhairava similar to the Gelug VajraBhairava or different?

Thanks and Regards,
Tony

Jaya Sri Ramakrishna, Jaya Sharada Maa
lokas-samastah sukhino bhavamtu
lelopa

Re: Red Yamantaka / Rakta Yamari Sadhana Text of Drikung Kagyu

Post by lelopa »

tony_montana wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:28 pm Hi All,

Could someone kindly give me the Sadhana Text of Red Yamantaka / Rakta Yamari from the Drikung Kagyu Lineage please. This follows the empowerment given my H.E. Garchen Rinpoche and lung for the sadhana was given by Lama Nima at the conclusion of the teachings sessions by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche.

Also, if I may ask as an aside, is the practice of VajraBhairava commonly followed in the Drikung lineage also? If so is the iconography of VajraBhairava similar to the Gelug VajraBhairava or different?

Thanks and Regards,
Tony

I've been searching this sadhana since nearly three years now...... couldn't find it!
Lost In Transmission
tony_montana

Post by tony_montana »

Hi Lelopa,

Thanks for your reply. I did find your post in this forum regarding this topic from some time ago, I believe you provided the source of that sadhana to the Drikung Terton Lho Nuden Dorje. Let's hope we can find the sadhana text somehow. Actually, at this point I would be very interested in anything regarding Rakta Yamari (the most informative source that I have found, a bit strangely, is actually https://www.christies.com/features/Rakt ... 042-1.aspx ).

Also, am I correct in thinking that the mandala variation of that empowerment of Red Yamantaka is the Virupa 5-Deity Mandala - this is something I would really like to be sure about. I could gather that the empowerment is from the 50 Drikung Empowerments, but I couldn't get any definite clue about the deity-mandala. Do you think it's the 5-deity mandala?

Thanks,
Hope you and your loved-ones are well,
Tony

Last edited by tony_montana on Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

tony_montana wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:58 am Hi Lelopa,

Thanks for your reply. I did find your post in this forum regarding this topic from some time ago, I believe you provided the source of that sadhana to the Drikung Terton Lho Nuden Dorje. Let's hope we can find the sadhana text somehow. Actually, at this point I would be very interested in anything regarding Rakta Yamari (the most informative source that I have found, a bit strangely, is actually https://www.christies.com/features/Rakt ... 042-1.aspx ).

Also, am I correct in thinking that the mandala variation of that empowerment of Red Yamantaka is the Virupa 5-Deity Mandala - this is something I would really like to be sure about. I could gather that the empowerment is from the 50 Drikung Empowerments, but I couldn't get any definite clue about the deity-mandala. Do you think it's the 5-deity mandala?

Thanks,
Tony

:shrug:
Lost In Transmission
CFynn

Post by CFynn »

Thanks,
Tony

The Rakta Yamari from the terma tradition practised in the Drikung Kagyu tradition is quite different from the Rakta Yamari coming from Virupa: https://www.himalayanart.org/items/65815
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

CFynn wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:16 pm

Thanks,
Tony

The Rakta Yamari from the terma tradition practised in the Drikung Kagyu tradition is quite different from the Rakta Yamari coming from Virupa: https://www.himalayanart.org/items/65815
This is not Raktayamari it is Throchu... ok, it is a Yamantaka and he is red.
Do not believe everything himalayanart writes.
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Kagyu”