Page 1 of 1

"The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am
by Lhasa
Garchen Rinpoche gave the lung for a very short text called something like, '“The Seed Tantra that is The only Child of all Buddhas”....anyone know where to find this?

He also said he takes empowerments online when other Masters give them. :smile:

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:20 am
by heart
Lhasa wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am Garchen Rinpoche gave the lung for a very short text called something like, '“The Seed Tantra that is The only Child of all Buddhas”....anyone know where to find this?

He also said he takes empowerments online when other Masters give them. :smile:
Here: https://lhaseylotsawa.org/assets/texts/ ... uddhas.pdf

There is also a translation by Erik Pema Kunzang that contain a reading method for this tantra by Khyentse Wangpo but I can't find it online anymore.

/magnus

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 am
by Lhasa
:thanks:

heart wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:20 am
Lhasa wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am Garchen Rinpoche gave the lung for a very short text called something like, '“The Seed Tantra that is The only Child of all Buddhas”....anyone know where to find this?

He also said he takes empowerments online when other Masters give them. :smile:
Here: https://lhaseylotsawa.org/assets/texts/ ... uddhas.pdf

There is also a translation by Erik Pema Kunzang that contain a reading method for this tantra by Khyentse Wangpo but I can't find it online anymore.

/magnus

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 am
by PeterC
Lhasa wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am Garchen Rinpoche gave the lung for a very short text called something like, '“The Seed Tantra that is The only Child of all Buddhas”....anyone know where to find this?

He also said he takes empowerments online when other Masters give them. :smile:
It was the short Sangye Sechik. Was hoping he would say more about it but it was great that he gave the lung.

https://lhaseylotsawa.org/assets/texts/ ... uddhas.pdf

Edit: Magnus beat me to it...

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:36 pm
by philji
When was the lung given.. Missed that.

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:58 pm
by PeterC
philji wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:36 pm When was the lung given.. Missed that.
About 1145am. Just before the lunch break

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 pm
by billy hudson
Lhasa wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 am :thanks:

heart wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:20 am
Lhasa wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am Garchen Rinpoche gave the lung for a very short text called something like, '“The Seed Tantra that is The only Child of all Buddhas”....anyone know where to find this?

He also said he takes empowerments online when other Masters give them. :smile:
Here: https://lhaseylotsawa.org/assets/texts/ ... uddhas.pdf

There is also a translation by Erik Pema Kunzang that contain a reading method for this tantra by Khyentse Wangpo but I can't find it online anymore.

/magnus
https://books.google.com/books?id=5sdnB ... as&f=false

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:17 pm
by philji
PeterC wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:58 pm
philji wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:36 pm When was the lung given.. Missed that.
About 1145am. Just before the lunch break
Thanks.

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:24 am
by tobes
Does anyone know if the vajra song by Milarepa scheduled tonight will be livestreamed? It is apparently not being hosted by the group that has been doing the Dzogchen teachings + Kalachakra.

:namaste:

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:27 am
by heart
billy hudson wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 pm
Lhasa wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 am :thanks:

heart wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:20 am

Here: https://lhaseylotsawa.org/assets/texts/ ... uddhas.pdf

There is also a translation by Erik Pema Kunzang that contain a reading method for this tantra by Khyentse Wangpo but I can't find it online anymore.

/magnus
https://books.google.com/books?id=5sdnB ... as&f=false
Well that lacks the reading method. :smile: By the way the reading method is writen by Jamgon Kongtrul not Khyentse Wangpo as I said before.

/magnus

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:09 pm
by philji
heart wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:20 am
Lhasa wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am Garchen Rinpoche gave the lung for a very short text called something like, '“The Seed Tantra that is The only Child of all Buddhas”....anyone know where to find this?

He also said he takes empowerments online when other Masters give them. :smile:
Here: https://lhaseylotsawa.org/assets/texts/ ... uddhas.pdf

There is also a translation by Erik Pema Kunzang that contain a reading method for this tantra by Khyentse Wangpo but I can't find it online anymore.

/magnus

Would love to read this if you can find it.
Phil

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:14 pm
by Lhasa
PeterC wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 am
Lhasa wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am Garchen Rinpoche gave the lung for a very short text called something like, '“The Seed Tantra that is The only Child of all Buddhas”....anyone know where to find this?

He also said he takes empowerments online when other Masters give them. :smile:
It was the short Sangye Sechik. Was hoping he would say more about it but it was great that he gave the lung.

https://lhaseylotsawa.org/assets/texts/ ... uddhas.pdf

Edit: Magnus beat me to it...
I'm not familiar with this, can you say more about it?

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:14 pm
by ratna

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:41 pm
by heart
ratna wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:14 pm Dharmaware may have it: http://www.dharmaware.com/dharma_books/rangjung.html
Only Child of the Buddhas Tantra, Sangye Seychig, with Reading Method
by Jamgon Kongtrul.

yes

/magnus

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 am
by PeterC
Lhasa wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:14 pm
PeterC wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 am
Lhasa wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:33 am Garchen Rinpoche gave the lung for a very short text called something like, '“The Seed Tantra that is The only Child of all Buddhas”....anyone know where to find this?

He also said he takes empowerments online when other Masters give them. :smile:
It was the short Sangye Sechik. Was hoping he would say more about it but it was great that he gave the lung.

https://lhaseylotsawa.org/assets/texts/ ... uddhas.pdf

Edit: Magnus beat me to it...
I'm not familiar with this, can you say more about it?
It’s a tantra that was revealed in short and long versions, the long version is I think used for liberation by seeing. It was one of a couple of teachings held in very high regard by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche’s guru Samten Gyatso.

Beyond that, I think you would need to first receive the lung.

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:40 am
by Lhasa
PeterC wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 am
Lhasa wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:14 pm
PeterC wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 am

It was the short Sangye Sechik. Was hoping he would say more about it but it was great that he gave the lung.

https://lhaseylotsawa.org/assets/texts/ ... uddhas.pdf

Edit: Magnus beat me to it...
I'm not familiar with this, can you say more about it?
It’s a tantra that was revealed in short and long versions, the long version is I think used for liberation by seeing. It was one of a couple of teachings held in very high regard by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche’s guru Samten Gyatso.

Beyond that, I think you would need to first receive the lung.
I have received the lung. I just didn't know why Garchen Rinpoche dropped this into the teaching and what it is for.
Thanks

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:42 am
by heart
Lhasa wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:40 am
PeterC wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 am
Lhasa wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:14 pm
I'm not familiar with this, can you say more about it?
It’s a tantra that was revealed in short and long versions, the long version is I think used for liberation by seeing. It was one of a couple of teachings held in very high regard by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche’s guru Samten Gyatso.

Beyond that, I think you would need to first receive the lung.
I have received the lung. I just didn't know why Garchen Rinpoche dropped this into the teaching and what it is for.
Thanks
You recite it, that is what the reading method is for. Also, you can wear it on your body. So liberation by wearing, seeing and hearing.

/magnus

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:45 pm
by PeterC
Lhasa wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:40 am
PeterC wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 am
Lhasa wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:14 pm
I'm not familiar with this, can you say more about it?
It’s a tantra that was revealed in short and long versions, the long version is I think used for liberation by seeing. It was one of a couple of teachings held in very high regard by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche’s guru Samten Gyatso.

Beyond that, I think you would need to first receive the lung.
I have received the lung. I just didn't know why Garchen Rinpoche dropped this into the teaching and what it is for.
Thanks
Ah sorry - forgot the obvious.

I guess on one level, because the meaning of the tantra is related to what he was talking about just before in the teaching - but then the question is, in what way - and that probably isn’t the sort of thing that out to be discussed outside the context of a teaching. However I’m not aware of any explanatory texts on this tantra. There are some lamas I could point you towards if you wanted to request an explanation.

Re: "The Only Child of the Buddha"

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:06 am
by skywhales
And a nice recording of the chanting of the short seed tantra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gYde-1LiVA