Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche live-stream now

Post by Lhasa »

https://gomdeua.org/events/1en/

On Facebook Rangjung Yeshe Gomde Ukraine - Eng

Teaching schedule https://shedrub.org/calendar/
Lhasa

Re: Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche live-stream now

Post by Lhasa »

Anyone know the name of CNR's Vajrakilaya practice text and where I can find it?
philji

Post by philji »

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

philji wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:13 pm Sangtik phurba sadhana
https://lhaseylotsawa.org/texts/sangtik-purba-sādhana.
:thanks:
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

The empowerment CNR gave was for the single Vajrakilaya, no consort. It looked like the same deity card that Garchen Rinpoche uses. Some things like the title of the sadhana were not translated into English, though the lung and wang were given.
philji

Post by philji »

June 3

10:00 – 12:00 Vajrakilaya empowerment (Sangtik Phurba)

June 4, 5, 6

10:00 – 13:00 teachings with Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche

17:00 – 19:00 teachings with Lama Tenzin Sangpo

Above is the description of the teachings and empowerment given.....

Upon his arrival in Ukraine, Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche will announce this year’s teaching topic. He has decided, however, that the teachings will be related to the three distinct ways of cultivating learning, reflection, and meditation in Tibetan Buddhism: 1) studies on the view, 2) meditation on the pith instruction, 3) and the transference of blessings.

Empowerment and reading transmission (wang and lung) for Vajrakilaya practice

Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche will bestow the empowerment of Vajrakilaya in Ukraine for the first time. Vajrakilaya, a wrathful yidam deity, is practiced widely in many Nyingma and Kagyu schools, capable of removing specific obstacles by the wrathful means of subjugation. This single form of Vajrakilaya, among the practices of the Three Roots (guru, yidam, and dakini), is that of a yidam – the root of all accomplishments.

The Sanctum Phurba is the single form of VajraKumara.

There is an excellent description and commentary in the book
Powerful Transformation: The Alchemy of The Secret Heart Essence

By Rangjung Yeshe Publications
Terma

Post by Terma »

Of note,

Even though occasionally Rinpoche would webcast an empowerment, I don't think he feels that this is a valid way to have recieved it. I know specifically in the past this was made clear on another occasion, that when one watches through webcast that this does not constitute having recieved it.

I would check with Rinpoche's people, but this is what we were told as recent as 2 years ago.

May be important for those who may be unclear on this.
heart

Post by heart »

Terma wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:19 pm Of note,

Even though occasionally Rinpoche would webcast an empowerment, I don't think he feels that this is a valid way to have recieved it. I know specifically in the past this was made clear on another occasion, that when one watches through webcast that this does not constitute having recieved it.

I would check with Rinpoche's people, but this is what we were told as recent as 2 years ago.

You are right, perhaps he didn't know they webcasted the whole thing.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Terma

Post by Terma »

heart wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:04 pm

/magnus
I think Rinpoche has been allowing his teachings to be webcast in their entirety these days. 2years ago, an empowerment that I recieved from Rinpoche in person was webcast live also. However, on the FB page it was made clear that watching via webcast was not a sufficient means to recieve the empowerment.

I am a bit surprised that the empowerments are shown on the webcast as well though.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Is this the same single Vajrakilaya empowerment that Garchen Rinpoche gives?
heart

Post by heart »

Lhasa wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:46 pm Is this the same single Vajrakilaya empowerment that Garchen Rinpoche gives?
Yes, he often give this one.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

Terma wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:25 pm
heart wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:04 pm

/magnus
I think Rinpoche has been allowing his teachings to be webcast in their entirety these days. 2years ago, an empowerment that I recieved from Rinpoche in person was webcast live also. However, on the FB page it was made clear that watching via webcast was not a sufficient means to recieve the empowerment.

I am a bit surprised that the empowerments are shown on the webcast as well though.
Well, the last teachings I received a year ago was not entirely webcasted. The last days of the "Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen" in August last year was not on the webcast. I was there.

Normally Rinpoche has his own guy that takes video of everything and that sometimes webcast it. And yes, I am also a little surprised that they webcast it.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm Well, the last teachings I received a year ago was not entirely webcasted. The last days of the "Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen" in August last year was not on the webcast. I was there.
Those were the empowerments days.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Return to “Kagyu”