Passing By

New Vajrakila Practice Guide by Garchen Rinpoche

Post by Passing By »

Looks like the first set of a series of books by Garchen Rinpoche
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: New Vajrakila Practice Guide by Garchen Rinpoche

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Passing By wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:09 pm https://www.amazon.com/Vajrakilaya-Comp ... 1611809053

Very nice!
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

That's a huge book, 500 pages!
philji

Post by philji »

Available in Feb. I believe.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

That is very exciting! :anjali:
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

The annual year end Vajrakila drupcho registration is also out

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1U5S5CT ... ested=true
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Passing By wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:09 pm

why do you think it is the first of a series?
Lost In Transmission
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I hope he does a Yamantaka one too. He's put a lot of effort into teaching that over the years
tony_montana

Post by tony_montana »

If I may, I have slightly related and unrelated question. What are the differences, in terms of objectives and benefits, between the Vajrakilaya and Drikung Yamantaka practices? I mean, they seem almost interchangeable to me - but since they are both practiced there must be some distinguishing features between them right - otherwise why accumulate two different sets of mantras! Sorry if this sounds a bit silly, but I have been wondering about this for a little while now.
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

excellent
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

lelopa wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:33 am
Passing By wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:09 pm

why do you think it is the first of a series?
At the very least, that's what the description implies. "First major collection"

He has previously made similarly detailed books on Patrul Rinpoche's commentary to Garab Dorje's Three Statements and Tilopa's Ganga Mahamudra though
heart

Post by heart »

tony_montana wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:28 am If I may, I have slightly related and unrelated question. What are the differences, in terms of objectives and benefits, between the Vajrakilaya and Drikung Yamantaka practices? I mean, they seem almost interchangeable to me - but since they are both practiced there must be some distinguishing features between them right - otherwise why accumulate two different sets of mantras! Sorry if this sounds a bit silly, but I have been wondering about this for a little while now.
The main objective and benefit is exactly the same for every single yidam, to attain enlightenment.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

I do not feel the two yidams working the same way. In essence they are the same but relatively they don’t work exactly in the same manner. Focus on your feelings and experiences and see how it feels.
heart

Post by heart »

Soma999 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:54 pm I do not feel the two yidams working the same way. In essence they are the same but relatively they don’t work exactly in the same manner. Focus on your feelings and experiences and see how it feels.
"Relatively" and "feelings" being the main point of your post. :smile:Just trying to widen the perspective here.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Incredible!

Slightly more about it here:
http://www.gartrust.org/

Looking forward to hearing about what is in the pipeline.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Annual Secret Accomplishment Practice of
VAJRAKILAYA
Teachings and Retreat
ONLINE with
His Eminence Garchen Rinpoche
&
DRUPON RINCHEN DORJEE RINPOCHE
&
LAMA THUBTEN NYIMA
&
GARCHEN INSTITUTE LAMAS
November 13 -17
Throughout time and space, Buddhas and Bodhisattvas have been called to initiate the hearts and minds of their students. Come great ones and with your vajra thunderbolt of wisdom and your hinderance demolishing phurba to once and for all dispel the samsaric seeds of unknowing. Lord of Death, with your spear and trident pierce the veil of ignorance to free us from the path of karmic repetition.
Wrathful Vajrakilaya is the yidam deity who embodies the enlightened activity of all the Buddhas. Vajrakilaya is a wrathful manifestation of Vajrasattva, the Buddha of Purification. This practice focuses on removing intense inner and outer obstacles to peace, happiness, and enlightenment within oneself, the environment and the world at large.
H.E. Garchen Rinpoche bestowed the Vajrakilaya empowerment in 2020 and for anyone who has not received this empowerment yet, click here to register for the empowerment link and Vajrakilaya sadhana for practice.

H.E. Garchen Rinpoche is instructing everyone to take the Vajrakilaya empowerment online before the Vajrakilaya Drupcho begins on November 13th. Rinpoche would like more time to practice and teach rather than giving the empowerment again. Rinpoche says it is absolutely the same blessing to receive the recorded empowerment from last year as it is taking it live online.

This is a wonderful opportunity to practice in this amazingly powerful mandala, for the benefit of all beings. We look forward to practicing with you online!

SCHEDULE
Time zone - MDT (UTC-7)
November 13 -17
Sadhana Practice / 9am – 12pm
Teachings by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche during the morning session.
Sadhana Practice / 2pm - 5pm
This announcement came in an email and the registration link in the email is not generic. Contact them directly for the registration link.
[email protected]
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

tony_montana wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:28 am If I may, I have slightly related and unrelated question. What are the differences, in terms of objectives and benefits, between the Vajrakilaya and Drikung Yamantaka practices? I mean, they seem almost interchangeable to me - but since they are both practiced there must be some distinguishing features between them right - otherwise why accumulate two different sets of mantras! Sorry if this sounds a bit silly, but I have been wondering about this for a little while now.
It seems to me that if there are two practices within the same tradition that have almost the same stated goals, one is better off accomplishing one in depth, and then going on to another. Sometimes the presence of similar practices in a tradition is a result of separate visions that appeared to a terton, or perhaps historical circumstances such as the joining of two practice lineages, and not necessarily because they have some subtly distinct purpose. This is not to say that, for example, all wrathful yidams are "the same", because they definitely are not. If one wants to be a lineage holder, of course, one will have to understand and accomplish all its practices at least in a minimal way, but even then too much jumping from yidam to yidam is of doubtful use, and such lamas usually practice them in succession at least initially. I and others have asked similar questions of teachers, and a lot of time, they just tell you to practice the one you have the most affinity with, and can get proper instructions for. This is from a Nyingmapa perspective --other schools may feel differently. .

The important thing is to thoroughly practice.
Constructelf

Post by Constructelf »

The registration link for the Vajrakilaya Teachings and Drupcho is now on the Garchen Institute's website (in between the announcements for the Medicine Buddha Puja and Year-round Nyungne / Nyingne Practice)

https://garchen.net/annual-events/
Throughout time and space, Buddhas annd Bodhisattvas have been called to initiate the hearts and minds of their students. Come great ones and with your vajra thunderbolt of wisdom and your hinderance demolishing phurba to once and for all dispel the samsaric seeds of unknowing. Lord of Death, with your spear and trident pierce the veil of ignorance to free us from the path of karmic repetition.

Wrathful Vajrakilaya is the yidam deity who embodies the enlightened activity of all the Buddhas. Vajrakilaya is a wrathful manifestation of Vajrasattva, the Buddha of Purification. This practice focuses on removing intense inner and outer obstacles to peace, happiness, and enlightenment within oneself, the environment and the world at large.

H.E. Garchen Rinpoche bestowed the Vajrakilaya empowerment in 2020 and for anyone who has not received this empowerment yet, click here to register for the empowerment link and Vajrakilaya sadhana for practice.

H.E. Garchen Rinpoche is instructing everyone to take the Vajrakilaya empowerment online before the Vajrakilaya Drupcho begins on November 13th. Rinpoche would like more time to practice and teach rather than giving the empowerment again. Rinpoche says it is absolutely the same blessing to receive the recorded empowerment from last year as it is taking it live online.

This is a wonderful opportunity to practice in this amazingly powerful mandala, for the benefit of all beings. We look forward to practicing with you online!

Return to “Nyingma”