trekcho/tögel earth terma?

yagmort

Re: trekcho/tögel earth terma?

Post by yagmort »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:41 pm ...just the Vima Nyinthig wang...
ok.

heres a quote from another thread :
Yeti wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:47 am ...Also, in the tradition I am in, one has to do a lot of preliminary practices, lots of 3 roots, some tsalung, and trecho before doing either the Khandro Nyingthik or the Vimila Nyingthik within the Nyingthik Yagshi.

Great if you aspire to traverse this path fully in this lifetimes. Thumbs up all round. :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:
it looks like one can still be asked to do things which do not belong to Vima Nyingthig before doing Vima Nyingthig? is it really the case? i mean does the fact that one have received VN wang not exactly guarantees one will be trained VN way?

2. was Vima Nyingthig translated into english?
stay open, spread love
Nick r

Post by Nick r »

heart wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:33 am
PeterC wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:09 am
heart wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:55 pm

It is an earth terma.

"On the southern slope is a cave whose opening is behind a waterfall. When the sun shines inside, it is filled with rainbow light. Outside flowers grow everywhere and the rock inside is the color of turquoise. The cave is called Yubar Drapuk, Glowing Turquoise Cave. From this cave Chokgyur Lingpa took the body representation called Ja-ö Kyilba, Glowing Swirls of Rainbow Lights, and the terma teaching of Kunsang Tuktig, a most profound Maha-Ati teaching possessing great blessings."

https://holybooks-lichtenbergpress.netd ... Lingpa.pdf

/magnus
The Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo was an earth terma too, wasn't it?
Yes.

"Proceeding to where the terma was located, Chokling Rinpoche put a note on a pine tree telling the guardian of the terma to give it to him. Then they went to a rock. Chokling opened the rock and extracted a vajra, leaving it half out and half in just for show. He removed a terma box and let everyone come and touch it with his head. That was the Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo. The vajra is now in the reliquary of Dzongsar Khyentse in Sikkim."

/magnus
Do you know if there are any photos of this vajra? It would be wonderful to see it. My question is rooted in devotion, not doubt.
heart

Post by heart »

Nick r wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:26 pm
heart wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:33 am
PeterC wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:09 am

The Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo was an earth terma too, wasn't it?
Yes.

"Proceeding to where the terma was located, Chokling Rinpoche put a note on a pine tree telling the guardian of the terma to give it to him. Then they went to a rock. Chokling opened the rock and extracted a vajra, leaving it half out and half in just for show. He removed a terma box and let everyone come and touch it with his head. That was the Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo. The vajra is now in the reliquary of Dzongsar Khyentse in Sikkim."

/magnus
Do you know if there are any photos of this vajra? It would be wonderful to see it. My question is rooted in devotion, not doubt.
Sorry, I don't know any photos.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Nyingma”