Requesting Info on Venerable Karma Gyurme Rinpoche

nagarjuna_respektor

Requesting Info on Venerable Karma Gyurme Rinpoche

Post by nagarjuna_respektor »

Hello All!

Does anyone here know the current location / future schedule of Venerable Karma Gyurme Rinpoche? He is renown for being a healer of extraordinary ability and I would like to seek his assistance in that regard. Additionally, I was wondering if any of you have experiences with Karma Gyurme Rinpoche that you are willing to share?

I first learned of Karma Gyurme Rinpoche's healing prowess while listening to Lama Alan Wallace's free 94 episode Fall 2014 Shamatha, Vipashyana, Dream Yoga series (https://media.sbinstitute.com/courses/fall-2014/)

Lama Alan mentions that while spending 9 years in solitary retreat, a dream emanation of Guru Rinpoche appeared and gave Karma Gyurme a special healing stone.

From his bio:

http://www.dharmafellowship.org/biograp ... gyurme.htm
Karma Gyurme Rinpoche can place a small metal ritual object (a particular tantric tool used for healing) in his mouth. It is quite ordinary and cold when it goes into his mouth. After a few minutes, during which time Rinpoche utters a number of secret mantras, he takes it from his mouth and touches particular spots on the person seeking healing. At that point the metal object is burning hot; so hot, in fact, that should someone try to grasp it with their hand, it would burn the flesh and leave a scar. After having touched the patient with this object—which transmits a burning jolt, a rush of energy that usually produces cathartic tears—Rinpoche calmly places the ritual tool back in his mouth. Rinpoche refers to this as a special fierce tantric method of healing.
Cheers!
cjdevries

Re: Requesting Info on Venerable Karma Gyurme Rinpoche

Post by cjdevries »

I don't have any experience with him and I don't know his schedule, but I found this on reddit:
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
nagarjuna_respektor

cjdevries wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:25 pm I don't have any experience with him and I don't know his schedule, but I found this on reddit:
Thanks CJ! That is a very impressive account. I forgot to mention one point earlier that I thought I should cover now. According to Alan Wallace, when Karma Gyurme Rinpoche is in China, thousands of people will line up to receive healings. I'm curious if any China-based members of Dharma Wheel have heard of this and know where it typically takes place?
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Maybe a year or more ago I too tried to find the whereabouts of Lama Karma Gyurme and hius students told me that He was no longer in the U.S. and they had no idea if and when He would return.

Wiosh I could tell you more.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
nagarjuna_respektor

pemachophel wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:43 pm Maybe a year or more ago I too tried to find the whereabouts of Lama Karma Gyurme and hius students told me that He was no longer in the U.S. and they had no idea if and when He would return.

Wiosh I could tell you more.
I have contacted a student of Lama Alan Wallace and he provided me with Lama Karma Gyurme's address while in Tibet!

Additionally he mentioned that one trying to get in touch with Lama Karma Gyurme, should reach out to his interpreter: ... I am planning to email ... for more information and will report back.

Hope this helps!

mod note: please don't post people's contact information or addresses
Sam11

Post by Sam11 »

Rinpoche is in China right now…but he has plans to travel soon - depending on the travel rules… lemme know if I can be of any help….
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

I can share my experience with Karma Gyurme for a first hand account.

In 2016 at Garchen Buddhist Institue Karma Gyurme Rinpoche offered a weekend of healing sessions. At the time had a really bad lower back issue that would flare up ofter. Injured it in aggressive yogic practices.

For the day I met him there were about 40 people waiting to have an audience. His attendant separated people into a two groups, mind issues, and physical issues.

The attendant asked each person the problem and if it was a physical one there were small marks made with a sharpie pen as to let Rinpoche know where the focus the healing.

When the group I was in went in he explained he was going to place a small ritual object on the spots we had pain. He passed around the object with was about the length of a small pinky finger. small ball like tip about the size of an eraser. Metal shaft the rest of the length and almost a half vajra like handle at the end.

We all felt it, inspected it etc. He said that passing it around created tendril with all the participants. He then placed the object under his tongue and said about two or three minutes of prayers and mantras, after which he called each person up one by one.

The first person goes up lifts there shirt and has some issue on there rib, the attendant kneels by them to translate what rinpoche says. He basically said "this is going to hurt." The person screamed in pain and was saying "ouch" "ow" etc and cried a bit. This went on for about ten people or so. Then my turn.

I went up lifted up my shirt to lower back he proceeded to place the object on five areas on my lower back almost in a cross like pattern, holding the object for about 10 seconds or so on each one. What I felt was this: Hot searing pain that went from warm to searing pretty quick. It was more like an energy current than like a screw drive left in a flame that gets hot an burn on contact. Like some kind of "voltage". Almost like an acupuncture needle but on a whole other level. It was painful, but since I knew it was painful I didn't touch ouch or cry or the like.

After the object was taken off and I sat down there was no pain, but instead it felt like menthol was rubbed all over my back.

There were other healings after me. He recharged the device via mantra after about half the people were seen. I even heard a women say she had a cancerous melanoma, he did his thing and said "you are fine now, go back to your doctor and then call my attendant and tell us what he says."

Another person I know who received the healing was touched by the object in the throat because he was going to have a surgery for an airway issue, im not quite sure what it was to be honest. However, he had a trip to Alaska, he came back and told me when he went through the metal detector at the airport it went off. When they pulled him aside to scan again it went off at his throat. He told them he was an electrician and the scar was from an accident with wiring so could be metal fragments. Lol. Pretty good one.

Anyway, rules where not to wash the burns or get water on them for two weeks, and no matter how bad they got do not touch them.

A lady broke those rules and washed, she ended up a day later in the hospital with a huge infection.

None the less, after two week I decided to try and do some Yantra Yoga I could not do before do to back and I was able to. It had been about a year since I could do certain poses. To this day I am good, a bit sore sometimes, but nothing like I was prior to healing.

p.s. I was running the center where he led the healing so was privy to more accounts like the lady with an issue etc.

There is more but tired of writing now.

:cheers:
stoneinfocus

Post by stoneinfocus »

bryandavis wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:42 am I can share my experience with Karma Gyurme for a first hand account.

In 2016 at Garchen Buddhist Institue Karma Gyurme Rinpoche offered a weekend of healing sessions. At the time had a really bad lower back issue that would flare up ofter. Injured it in aggressive yogic practices.

For the day I met him there were about 40 people waiting to have an audience. His attendant separated people into a two groups, mind issues, and physical issues.

The attendant asked each person the problem and if it was a physical one there were small marks made with a sharpie pen as to let Rinpoche know where the focus the healing.

When the group I was in went in he explained he was going to place a small ritual object on the spots we had pain. He passed around the object with was about the length of a small pinky finger. small ball like tip about the size of an eraser. Metal shaft the rest of the length and almost a half vajra like handle at the end.

We all felt it, inspected it etc. He said that passing it around created tendril with all the participants. He then placed the object under his tongue and said about two or three minutes of prayers and mantras, after which he called each person up one by one.

The first person goes up lifts there shirt and has some issue on there rib, the attendant kneels by them to translate what rinpoche says. He basically said "this is going to hurt." The person screamed in pain and was saying "ouch" "ow" etc and cried a bit. This went on for about ten people or so. Then my turn.

I went up lifted up my shirt to lower back he proceeded to place the object on five areas on my lower back almost in a cross like pattern, holding the object for about 10 seconds or so on each one. What I felt was this: Hot searing pain that went from warm to searing pretty quick. It was more like an energy current than like a screw drive left in a flame that gets hot an burn on contact. Like some kind of "voltage". Almost like an acupuncture needle but on a whole other level. It was painful, but since I knew it was painful I didn't touch ouch or cry or the like.

After the object was taken off and I sat down there was no pain, but instead it felt like menthol was rubbed all over my back.

There were other healings after me. He recharged the device via mantra after about half the people were seen. I even heard a women say she had a cancerous melanoma, he did his thing and said "you are fine now, go back to your doctor and then call my attendant and tell us what he says."

Another person I know who received the healing was touched by the object in the throat because he was going to have a surgery for an airway issue, im not quite sure what it was to be honest. However, he had a trip to Alaska, he came back and told me when he went through the metal detector at the airport it went off. When they pulled him aside to scan again it went off at his throat. He told them he was an electrician and the scar was from an accident with wiring so could be metal fragments. Lol. Pretty good one.

Anyway, rules where not to wash the burns or get water on them for two weeks, and no matter how bad they got do not touch them.

A lady broke those rules and washed, she ended up a day later in the hospital with a huge infection.

None the less, after two week I decided to try and do some Yantra Yoga I could not do before do to back and I was able to. It had been about a year since I could do certain poses. To this day I am good, a bit sore sometimes, but nothing like I was prior to healing.

p.s. I was running the center where he led the healing so was privy to more accounts like the lady with an issue etc.

There is more but tired of writing now.

:cheers:
This is quite an astonishing account. So the implement left burns after? How bad were they? How did you prevent water from touching them, a waterproof bandage?
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

If you can see the five dots on lower back this what the marks look like 6 years later.
As far as not getting the initial burns wet, I just didn't take full showers.
The burns turn to small bubbles then scab over.
Attachments
Screenshot (Jun 23, 2022 10_06_04 AM).png
Screenshot (Jun 23, 2022 10_06_04 AM).png (881.24 KiB) Viewed 853 times
stoneinfocus

Post by stoneinfocus »

bryandavis wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:29 pm If you can see the five dots on lower back this what the marks look like 6 years later.
As far as not getting the initial burns wet, I just didn't take full showers.
The burns turn to small bubbles then scab over.
😯😯😯😯😯

Return to “Nyingma”