Video on Mipam R and Buddha Nature.

Malcolm

Re: Video on Mipam R and Buddha Nature.

Post by Malcolm »

Dharmasagara wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:16 am
Malcolm wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:53 pm
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Doubly weird, since Duckworth knows and appreciates the piece and its author in general. I will try to re-read MoBN when I find some time, and see how he deals with the problem.
It is extremely clear that the term refers to a gnosis that one realizes for oneself without depending on another. It is the same category of terms like translating rig pa as awareness.
Malcom, would you please offer your own rendering of the term so sor rang gyis rig pa'i ye shes?

Thanx in advance
Kapstien’s equivalent is sound, “personally intuited gnosis.”
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:04 pm

It is extremely clear that the term refers to a gnosis that one realizes for oneself without depending on another. It is the same category of terms like translating rig pa as awareness.
Malcom, would you please offer your own rendering of the term so sor rang gyis rig pa'i ye shes?

Thanx in advance
Kapstien’s equivalent is sound, “personally intuited gnosis.”
Malcolm, in this thread the phrase morphed from so sor rang gi rig pa'i ye shes into so sor rang gyis rig pa'i ye shes. It's gi instead of gyis, right?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Doubly weird, since Duckworth knows and appreciates the piece and its author in general. I will try to re-read MoBN when I find some time, and see how he deals with the problem.

Thanx in advance
Gnosis that one personally Intuits or knows.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:39 pm

Thanx in advance
You could also say “grok”.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Schrödinger’s Yidam wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:21 am
Malcolm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:39 pm

Thanx in advance
You could also say “grok”.
It'd be fun to see that in print. :reading:

Return to “Nyingma”