Milarepa (split topic)

Tata1

Re: Milarepa (split from: Are there tertons at Gelug School?)

Post by Tata1 »

dzoki wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:51 pm
yagmort wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:08 am fabulous info, thanks dzoki !
dzoki wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:17 pm...he did not include thogal in his Drugpa Kagyu mahamudra teachings...
do you know why is that? also, any idea if Shakya Shri's pure vision ngandzong is transmitted?
I suppose because there was no thogal teaching in mahamudra tradition to begin with. As for Ngamdzong Nyengyu that might have been a different story.

Yes there are at least two lineages of Shakya Shri's pure vision, one is so called bone lineage, whose holder is Sey Rinpoche from Lahaul, second one is dharma lineage that came through Lama Sonam Zangpo and its current holder is Gyaltsen Tulku Rinpoche of Bhutan.
I believe Sey Rimpoche is in manali
Yungdrung Gyalpo

Re: Milarepa (split topic)

Post by Yungdrung Gyalpo »

SilenceMonkey wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:27 am
Malcolm wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:31 pm
Volan wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:29 pm
Met him accidentally or met him with purpose?
MIlarepa transmitted the Nyingmapa practices he himself was expert in.
So the lama who taught him black magic was nyingma and not bon?
It is getting clearer that all this “black magic” was connected to the Mañjuśrī Master of Life (’Jam dpal tshe bdag) cycle, a vast Yamāntaka system revealed mostly by the Tertön Gyazhangtrom Dorje Öbar. It is purely Nyingma, it still exists, mostly in the Dorjedrak / Northern Treasures tradition (10 big volumes of it in the recently published 63-vol compilation of the Northern Treasures), but is also practiced by the Drigungpas. It has quite some reputation for “war magic”, but basically it is a yidam practiced to obtain the ultimate accomplishments.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Milarepa (split from: Are there tertons at Gelug School?)

Post by Ayu »

This topic has been cleaned from many off topic accusations and the replies to them.

It seems to me, this topic is about Milarepa from Nyingma view, isn't it?
Please don't indulge in quarreling. Thanks.

Return to “Nyingma”