Sikkim pilgrimage

philji

Sikkim pilgrimage

Post by philji »

Currently thinking about a couple of weeks pilgrimage to Sikkim when conditions for travel become favourable.
Any ideas for an itinerary...from Bagdodra up and back.
conebeckham

Re: Sikkim pilgrimage

Post by conebeckham »

Have you been before?

I can make recommendations, based on whether you've been....
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
philji

Post by philji »

Hi acne. Some years back( around 2008) I went with some friends from Bagdodra to Darjeeling and on to Gangtok. We briefly visited Rumtek but then had to take a helicopter back down to Bagdodra as one of the group fell very sick. So never got further than that. Would be great to spend a couple of weeks there.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

philji wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:50 pm Hi acne. Some years back( around 2008) I went with some friends from Bagdodra to Darjeeling and on to Gangtok. We briefly visited Rumtek but then had to take a helicopter back down to Bagdodra as one of the group fell very sick. So never got further than that. Would be great to spend a couple of weeks there.
Acne? That's a new one for me. No worries, mate! :smile:

You should to to Pemayangtse, Tashi Ding, Ravangla Buddha Park is amazing..........Rumtek and Gangtok too.If you have the time to get up north, It's spectacular, but lots of walking! Yuksom is beautiful. PeLing is beautiful, too. There really is so much to see in Sikkim, it depends on your interests.

I have yet to see Gurudongmar, which is at the top of my list for my next trip.

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
philji

Post by philji »

Cone...sorry mate.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

philji wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:59 pm Cone...sorry mate.
It made me laugh, no worries. I've been called ....worse! My personal Faves include Connie Belch-um and Cohen Beckmann (My Jewish Incarnation). :smile:

Arkadutta019

Post by Arkadutta019 »

I am bit of a novice here but I have been reading a bit about the history of sikkim according to that there are four old Monasteries
Sangacholing being the first established one in 1697
Dubdi in 1701
Pemayangtse in 1705
Tashiding in 1715
Pemayangste being the most important one as only they had rights to anoint a Chogyal (King) and being near the Capital (Rabdantste) also it is a monastery only for ta-tshang meaning only the monks with Tibetan lineage.
Also, Yuksom is a holy place because it was the place where three monks (Lhatsun Chempo, Kathoke Sampa Chenpo and Ngadak Rinzing Chenpo) who came from Tibet selected Phuntsog Namgyal as the first King of Sikkim and gave him the title Chogyal (Dharma Raja).
You may give these places a look (I have also intending to do it for last one -two years but first this covid situation and now when the work resumed after this long lockdown its really hard to get a long leave :'( )
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Topic locked due to age. It continues here:
https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.p ... 37#p679637

Return to “Nyingma”