Rishi cosmology

KonchogUrgyenNyima

Rishi cosmology

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

Hello all,

I’m wondering what people know about the rishi realm/beings? Grang Srong in Tibetan. Does anyone have classical descriptions of the realm? Why a being is born as one? How long they live for? Trying to buff up on our cosmology a bit and was interested in this bit.
microbodhi

Re: Rishi cosmology

Post by microbodhi »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:07 pm Hello all,

I’m wondering what people know about the rishi realm/beings? Grang Srong in Tibetan. Does anyone have classical descriptions of the realm? Why a being is born as one? How long they live for? Trying to buff up on our cosmology a bit and was interested in this bit.
I am not to familiar with Tibetan cosmology, i would like to know more. Let me try and paint a picture of what cosmology is and something's that it is not. Cosmology is a very ancient science of self study, everything within the cosmos is within each person, but the person is not defined as an individual because the subtle body, energetic body and gross body are always in flux and in constant exchange and communication with the outer and inner, or everything is linked and interdependent to everything else, but for the sake of simplicity lets say that universe and its total structure is within each person, in many ways we are all individual universes (cosmos) but not separate from each other,.

Rishi means seer, who function in the energetic conscious body within the realms of the chakras and nadis, the seven main dwelling places of the rishis are known as saptarishis, basically meaning the seven seers. Each one of the seven, sapta rishis are not individual people that belong to historical dates, they exists within each persons universe as seer's within the cosmos. Generally these rishis transmit knowledge from the invisible realms, or realms that cannot be seen with normal vision and ordinary means that are within the perception of the mind, intellect and senses, rishis are beyond this, known mostly in dhyana and samadhi states. Each rishi dwelling on the boarder of the energetic body will have its own unique form of knowledge. Within each of our own universes our own cosmology there are 114 chakras in the body. The human body is a complex energy form; in addition to the 114 chakras, it also has 72,000 "nadis," or energy channels, along which vital energy, or "prana," moves .

On each chakra point there will be one rishis, im not sure how many points there are in total within the chakras system but it is a lot.

by self study and practice all this over time will be revealed in its own way, i agree its a fascinating subject but so far in terms of translation these ancient ( timeless ) sciences ~ vidya's are not well documented.

The more people actually becomes advanced in their own awakenings these things becomes more apparent and clear and will form a vital role in actual dhyana meditation and samadhi states, cosmic time and the full spectrum of the cosmic order can only be known by buddha and tathagata. The potentials of the cosmos are vast and unlimited the more one is awakened, transforming buddha bodies and many types of manifestations, but there is a cosmic order or law aka dharma which is the inherent nature within the cosmos, and without knowing what is dharma and its depths cosmology will remain a myth.
Last edited by microbodhi on Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kris

Post by Kris »

Rishis are included in the retinue of Medicine Buddha.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

The Shurangama Sutra, translated by Upasaka Lu Kuan Yu (Charles Luk), Munshiram Manoharlal publishers reprint 2003. In this sutra rishis appear by the name seers on pages 177 and 189. On pages 189...189 there is the chapter The Ten Categories in the Realm of Seers (Rishis).
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)

Return to “Nyingma”