Online Nyingma Teacher

Dharmalight889

Online Nyingma Teacher

Post by Dharmalight889 »

Hello everyone,

I posted in the Sakya section a few days ago and received some good suggestions so I wanted to post here as well. I have been interested in learning more about the Sakya and Nyingma tradition although I have no centers near me. I was hoping to join some online classes while many are being held over zoom. Does anyone know of any Nyingma teachers that conduct classes online? Thanks again
Terma

Re: Online Nyingma Teacher

Post by Terma »

In this current state of things, it seems almost all teachers are online at this point.

Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche has an online program do-able at your own pace and it is wonderful.

https://dharmasun.org/tte/

One of Rinpoche's senior Lama's, Lama Tenzin has recently led a few short online retreats as well.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Garchen Rinpoche, obviously: https://garchen.net/

No one is as courageous and generous as he is when it comes to sharing the Dharma online, and it is just the humble beginning of the long list of his Buddha qualities (which is a fancy way of saying that to me he is one of the most jaw-droppingly inspiring teachers out there).

(Btw, technically speaking, he is -- just like Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche -- a Drikung Kagyu/Nyingma lama.)
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Dharmalight889

Post by Dharmalight889 »

Thank you both for your suggestions. I have listened to some of Garchen Rinpoche's talks and they are wonderful. I also looked at Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche's online course and it looked great. Does anyone know of any other options, such as zoom classes led by Nyingma teachers?
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Dharmalight889 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 am Thank you both for your suggestions. I have listened to some of Garchen Rinpoche's talks and they are wonderful. I also looked at Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche's online course and it looked great. Does anyone know of any other options, such as zoom classes led by Nyingma teachers?
Mingyur R. teaches a primarily Kagyu curriculum but you can't really draw a hard line on this - both HEGR and CNR teach from both Kagyu and Nyingma traditions.

The best approach is to find a lama in whom you have confidence and just follow all and any of their teachings you can. Unless you are looking for a very specific lineage, I really wouldn't get too hung up on exactly what and how they're teaching: the primary question is the lama. Lamas like HEGR and CNR are amazing, but won't be accessible to us forever, and they are amazing teachers: HEGR has already had to stop traveling for health reasons.
philji

Post by philji »

Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche has kindly agreed to make teachings available online for students across the world. They will be streamed for registered users live in English on DharmaSun and in multiple languages via Zoom. However, all registrants are required to listen to Rinpoche's teachings in sequential order.

The seminar will be divided into two segments:

1. Buddha Nature: Part One is open to all.

2. Buddha Nature: Part Two is open to those who have previously attended a seminar with Rinpoche in Nepal or abroad, who have attended an online seminar with Rinpoche, who are engaged in the First Excellence of Tara’s Triple Excellence, or those who attend the entirety of the first three days of this year’s seminar, Buddha Nature: Part One.

The Annual RYI seminar offers a unique opportunity for students of all levels—from beginners to advanced practitioners—to receive rare and precious teachings from one of the world’s most esteemed Buddhist masters. We therefore ask that you share this opportunity with all those who might be interested in joining online.

Rinpoche will teach in Tibetan, and there will be translation into Chinese, English, German, Nepali, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.

Donations: The teachings themselves are being offered on a donation basis. As is traditional, we encourage you to use this opportunity to make generous offerings to support the monastery and its activities.

For more info and registration, please visit: https://DharmaSun.org/seminars

Note: registration for other languages than English will open soon.

Your DharmaSun Team
https://dharmasun.org/courses/buddha_nature_1/
Terma

Post by Terma »

philji wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:52 pm Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche has kindly agreed to make teachings available online for students across the world. They will be streamed for registered users live in English on DharmaSun and in multiple languages via Zoom. However, all registrants are required to listen to Rinpoche's teachings in sequential order.

The seminar will be divided into two segments:

1. Buddha Nature: Part One is open to all.

2. Buddha Nature: Part Two is open to those who have previously attended a seminar with Rinpoche in Nepal or abroad, who have attended an online seminar with Rinpoche, who are engaged in the First Excellence of Tara’s Triple Excellence, or those who attend the entirety of the first three days of this year’s seminar, Buddha Nature: Part One.

The Annual RYI seminar offers a unique opportunity for students of all levels—from beginners to advanced practitioners—to receive rare and precious teachings from one of the world’s most esteemed Buddhist masters. We therefore ask that you share this opportunity with all those who might be interested in joining online.

Rinpoche will teach in Tibetan, and there will be translation into Chinese, English, German, Nepali, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.

Donations: The teachings themselves are being offered on a donation basis. As is traditional, we encourage you to use this opportunity to make generous offerings to support the monastery and its activities.

For more info and registration, please visit: https://DharmaSun.org/seminars

Note: registration for other languages than English will open soon.

Your DharmaSun Team
https://dharmasun.org/courses/buddha_nature_1/
Registered... :twothumbsup:

I've had the good fortune of attending Rinpoche's teachings in person as well as past seminars online. Such clear teachings and as was previously mentioned, great masters such as this will not be around forever, so it would be good to use these opportunities.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

And here is HE Garchen Rinpoche bestowing the Vajrakilaya wang tomorrow:
VAJRAKILAYA
Empowerment, Teachings and Retreat
ONLINE with
H.E. Garchen Rinpoche
and the Garchen Institute Lamas

November 14 -18

9am – 12am and 2pm – 5pm PDT (GMT-7)

Throughout time and space, Buddhas annd Bodhisattvas have been called to initiate the hearts and minds of their students. Come great ones and with your vajra thunderbolt of wisdom and your hinderance demolishing phurba to once and for all dispel the samsaric seeds of unknowing. Lord of Death, with your spear and trident pierce the veil of ignorance to free us from the path of karmic repetition.

Wrathful Vajrakilaya is the yidam deity who embodies the enlightened activity of all the Buddhas. Vajrakilaya is a wrathful manifestation of Vajrasattva, the Buddha of Purification. This practice focuses on removing intense inner and outer obstacles to peace, happiness, and enlightenment.

H.E. Garchen Rinpoche, Venerable Khenpo Tenzin, Venerable Lama Thubten Nima, Venerable Lama Bunima and Venerable Lama Abao.

SCHEDULE

November 14

Teachings: 9:00 – 12:00pm Venerable Khenpo Tenzin
Break: 10:00 – 10:30am
Empowerment: 2:00 – 5:00pm H.E. Garchen Rinpoche

November 15 -18

Sadhana Practice in English – 9am – 12pm

Teachings by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche during the morning session.
Sadhana Practice in Tibetan – 2pm -5pm

TEXT: The Vajrakilaya Sadhana is currently being updated and will be available for restricted download soon.

TRANSLATION:

In Chinese, Vietnamese, Russian and Spanish. Links coming soon.
https://garchen.net/annual-events/

Kilaya is all the rage these days.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

look up Tulku Yeshi Rinpoche Heruka on facebook. He is a wonderful lama and gives teachings on zoom from his home up here in seattle. He has really changed my life.
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

Tsoknyi Rinpoche has a great meditation course online called Fully Being.

http://fullybeing.org
DewachenVagabond

Post by DewachenVagabond »

SilenceMonkey wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:37 pm Tsoknyi Rinpoche has a great meditation course online called Fully Being.

http://fullybeing.org
:good:

I would highly recommend this
:bow: :buddha1: :bow: :anjali: :meditate:
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

Apart from being rather less publicity- and internet-prone, Nyingma - for reasons unknown to me - seems to dissolve most readily into the Rime Soup Pot.

Lama Lena holds Nyingma lineage but her lineage prayer is Kagyu, same with Mingyur.
As for DJKR / Siddharta's Intent I'm not quite sure which lineage prayer they apply.
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
heart

Post by heart »

weitsicht wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:29 pm As for DJKR / Siddharta's Intent I'm not quite sure which lineage prayer they apply.
It depends on the practice, he holds many lineages.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Dharmalight889 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:09 pm Hello everyone,

I posted in the Sakya section a few days ago and received some good suggestions so I wanted to post here as well. I have been interested in learning more about the Sakya and Nyingma tradition although I have no centers near me. I was hoping to join some online classes while many are being held over zoom. Does anyone know of any Nyingma teachers that conduct classes online? Thanks again
Lama Lena. Personally love her teaching style and especially the way she gives direct introduction. Her timing for those outside the US who want to watch her live is rather harsh though
SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

Passing By wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:09 pm
Lama Lena. Personally love her teaching style and especially the way she gives direct introduction. Her timing for those outside the US who want to watch her live is rather harsh though
Wouldn't it be better to receive direct introduction in person? I feel like receiving DI over the internet would spoil it for you.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

SilenceMonkey wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:34 pm
Passing By wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:09 pm
Wouldn't it be better to receive direct introduction in person? I feel like receiving DI over the internet would spoil it for you.
Thats not Chnn opinion at least.

Anyway if you are a dzogchen practitioner you will receive DI dozens of times.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

weitsicht wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:29 pm part from being rather less publicity- and internet-prone, Nyingma - for reasons unknown to me - seems to dissolve most readily into the Rime Soup Pot.
Most "rime"teachings include Nyingmapa elements, but there is a Nyingmapa practice lineage that has little to do with the rime approach. The Nyingmapa teachers I have known have, until the recent generation, been chary of the internet and publicity for a variety of reasons connected to proper practice, but now that the cat is out of the bag, many are becoming more open.

Return to “Nyingma”