New Head of Nyingma: Kathok Getse Rinpoche

bhava

New Head of Nyingma: Kathok Getse Rinpoche

Post by bhava »

New head of Nyingma school is Kathok Getse Rinpoche. Source: tibet.net Great news!
Thomas Amundsen

Re: New Head of Nyingma: Kathok Getse Rinpoche

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

:bow:

I've actually listened to some of Rinpoche's recorded teachings before. Excellent teacher! Not sure what this title really means, but I am very happy for Rinpoche and Nyingmapas everywhere :)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Thomas Amundsen wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:14 pm
Not sure what this title really means...
More work.
Thomas Amundsen

Malcolm wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:21 pm
Thomas Amundsen wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:14 pm
Not sure what this title really means...
More work.
Ha! So, that's why so many Rinpoches declined the title :lol:
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

I've had the great fortune to receive some transmissions from Rinpoche on a couple occasions at Tashi Choling here in S Oregon, and he's always struck me as incredible. I wonder what the likelihood is that we'll see him back here anytime soon, though.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:07 am I've had the great fortune to receive some transmissions from Rinpoche on a couple occasions at Tashi Choling here in S Oregon, and he's always struck me as incredible. I wonder what the likelihood is that we'll see him back here anytime soon, though.
Yes, Sangye Khandronspoke very highly of him.
thogme19

Post by thogme19 »

Nyingma head Kathok Getse Rinpoche dies after accident

https://www.tibetsun.com/news/2018/11/2 ... n7IwFS5OIk
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Terrible news ... I am speechless :o
bhava

Post by bhava »

It is very sad and too bad news......how can anything like this happen? Our merits are exhuasted, no doubt about it... :(
Thomas Amundsen

I just got this in an email from Tashi Choling:
We just received word that His Holiness Kathok Getse Rinpoche passed into Parinirvana a few days ago. We do not have any more information at this time.

As many of you know, Tashi Choling has a close personal relationship with His Holiness, who has visited Tashi Choling a number of times and bestowed empowerments and teachings.

At times like this, when a high lama passes, Venerable Gyatrul Rinpoche has instructed us as follows:
If we want to do some practice, we can pray, say Vajrasattva mantra--long or short doesn't matter--and do life-saving (tsetar) practices. Everybody can pray, especially if we have received empowerments and transmissions from the lama who just passed, because we are all continuously breaking samaya. We can say Vajrasattva mantra and purify our negativity all the time, continuously. We can save beings' lives, whether they are fish, birds, or even the tiniest bugs. Everybody can pray, everybody can purify, everybody can try. There is nobody who is not impermanent. What our lamas show us at times like this is impermanence. Think about that.
thogme19

Post by thogme19 »

This is to inform all the distinguished and faithful disciples dwelling all over the countries that;

1) The H.H.Kathok Getse Rinpoche Gurme Tenpa Gyaltsen, the 7th supreme head of Ngagyur Nyima has suddenly passed into Maha Parinirvana on 19th November at the sacred place of Yangle Shod (Pharping) after given wonderful testamentary instructions. So, on 27th November at 5pm (Nepal timing) all the disciples would visit lerics body of the Rinpoche.

2) The kathok Adzom monastery at Pharping and the kathok Bairoling Monastery and the funeral ceremony organizing committee members have decided not to collect any donation for the Maha parinirvana ceremony of the Rinpoche.

3) And according to the guidance of kathok Mogtrul Rinpoche, the Kathok Adzom monastery and the kathok Bairoling Monastery would take main responsibility for organizing the ceremony and the monks of both the monastery would perform funeral ceremony of the Rinpoche together at Adzom monastery in Dollu, Pherfing.

This is from the members of funeral ceremony organizing committee both Kathok Adzom monastery and Kathok Bairoling monastery on 22nd November, 2018

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

thogme19 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 am Nyingma head Kathok Getse Rinpoche dies after accident

https://www.tibetsun.com/news/2018/11/2 ... n7IwFS5OIk
Very inauspicious.
thogme19

Post by thogme19 »

The Last Lesson on Impermanence

~The actual event of how Kyabje Getse Rinpoche entered Parinirvana. (This text is to quell the rumor on Rinpoche's decease is due to a car accident)

On 18th Nov (10th of tenth month of Tibetan calendar), Rinpoche was making preparation to leave the mountain the next day and planned to stay a night in Adzom Monastery and Kathok Bairoling Monastery. On that evening, Rinpoche half jokingly chatted with his two attendant lamas - Lama Konphel and Lama Guru about impermanence, and so he said:"If I were to die tomorrow, it might be difficult for both of you to prepare the wood, I think you better buy some oil, cremate me on the mountain over there." He instructed them clearly on how the funeral should be prepared.

Then on the 19th Nov (11th of tenth month of Tibetan calendar) approximately 10.30am, as wished by Rinpoche himself, attendant lama Konphel accompany Rinpoche to take a stroll towards Azdom Monastery. Suddenly, Rinpoche walked towards a road with dangerous condition, the lama immediately tried to stop him by shouting :"Rinpoche don't go there, there's no road over there!" Rinpoche responded by chiding him :"You still have very strong attachment on this physical body!" And kept walking by himself, he very soon fell down and showed parinirvana. That was around 11.30am.

The account above is based on the joint statement in Tibetan version and collected audio recording.

Regards,
Tenzin Weigyal
(translated to English by Oliver as requested by the writer)

treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

:shock:
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
heart

Post by heart »

A Guru Yoga Practice entitled Staircase toLiberation

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1108/ ... 8949316123

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

he very soon fell down and showed parinirvana.

Does the Tibetan say 'fell down' = slipped, or perhaps he just knew his time was up and he left his body, which then fell down dead.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
thogme19

Post by thogme19 »

Nick r

Post by Nick r »

thogme19 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:42 am Image
This is such a heart breaking story. It must have been very difficult for the disciple to not physically reach out to their teacher in that moment.
Refugee

Post by Refugee »

My lama was very close to Getse Rinpoche. He asked my lama to keep a secret a year ago, indicating he knew the time was coming. I wouldn't be so quick to judge a masters passing as in auspicious. What do we know?
Attachments
Screenshot_20181203-095100.png
Screenshot_20181203-095100.png (268.34 KiB) Viewed 4525 times
Screenshot_20181203-095057.png
Screenshot_20181203-095057.png (232.53 KiB) Viewed 4525 times
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Refugee wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:06 pm I wouldn't be so quick to judge a masters passing as in auspicious. What do we know?
It is not inauspicious for him, it is inauspicious for us.

Return to “Nyingma”