The Complete Nyingma Tradition

mutsuk

The Complete Nyingma Tradition

Post by mutsuk »

The Complete Nyingma Tradition was a Tsadra/Shambhala fascinating project. Since the passing of Gyurme Dorje last year, does anyone know if the project of publishing the remaining volumes is still on, or have the remaining volumes been cancelled?

See : https://www.tsadra.org/translation/feat ... tradition/

As far as I know only 4 volumes (covering books 1-10, 13, 14, and 15-17) have been published...
Malcolm

Re: The Complete Nyingma Tradition

Post by Malcolm »

mutsuk wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:37 am The Complete Nyingma Tradition was a Tsadra/Shambhala fascinating project. Since the passing of Gyurme Dorje last year, does anyone know if the project of publishing the remaining volumes is still on, or have the remaining volumes been cancelled?

As far as I know only 4 volumes (covering books 1-10, 13, 14, and 15-17) have been published...
Still on, he only worked on one volume.
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:11 pm
mutsuk wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:37 am The Complete Nyingma Tradition was a Tsadra/Shambhala fascinating project. Since the passing of Gyurme Dorje last year, does anyone know if the project of publishing the remaining volumes is still on, or have the remaining volumes been cancelled?

Ah, Okay. That is interesting. So do you know who is taking the charge of translating the remaining chapters?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

mutsuk wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:05 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:11 pm

Ah, Okay. That is interesting. So do you know who is taking the charge of translating the remaining chapters?
No Idea, but he only did the Guhyagarbha section anyway, not the other published volumes. You should reach out to Marcus Perman for that other information.
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:38 pm No Idea, but he only did the Guhyagarbha section anyway, not the other published volumes. You should reach out to Marcus Perman for that other information.
Ok, thanks a lot!
yeshegyaltsen

Post by yeshegyaltsen »

I believe it was actually a project initiated by Lama Tharchin. Ngawang Zangpo was originally the primary translator, but has since moved on to other things which is what brought Gyurme Dorje onto the project. Heidi Nevin is now working on the remaining volumes, from what I understand.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

yeshegyaltsen wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:04 pm I believe it was actually a project initiated by Lama Tharchin. Ngawang Zangpo was originally the primary translator, but has since moved on to other things which is what brought Gyurme Dorje onto the project. Heidi Nevin is now working on the remaining volumes, from what I understand.
Yes, that’s correct.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

How many more volumes, in terms of books are left?
mutsuk

Post by mutsuk »

So far books 1-10, 13,14, 15-17 have been published in four different volumes.

Now the following "books" remain to be published :

Book 11: The array of the realms that fill the bounds of space
Book 12: The ten major and minor subjects of Buddhist culture

Book 18: In the commentary to anuyoga tantras, their foundation—empowerment; their vital force—tantric bonds; their path—view, meditation, and conduct; and their result
Book 19: In the commentary to the natural great perfection tantras, their origin and an enumeration of their texts; their foundation—empowerment; and their vital force—the tantric bonds’ four principles
Book 20: For those of the highest degree of acumen, who can attain freedom in this lifetime—coming to conclusive certainty in the view of atiyoga
Book 21: Experiential cultivation in meditation—meditation on cutting through the solidity of dualistic experience
Book 22: Meditation on the four visions within direct vision
Book 23: Enrichment of spiritual experience through conduct, introduction to the nature of mind, and signs indicative of degrees of success
Book 24: For those of a middle degree of acumen, instruction for liberation during the period between lifetimes; and for those of an average degree of acumen, liberation in the realms of the manifest wisdom body
Book 25: The final result—enlightenment’s five bodies and five wisdoms, and acts of spontaneous enlightened activity
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Thank you!

Return to “Nyingma”