ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Sönam

Re: ChNNR Dorje Drolo retreat

Post by Sönam »

me to ...
we received confirmation that next webcast will be a OPEN WEBCAST.

Bye,

The Webcast Team
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Yes, 3rd to the 7th.
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

Does anybody know if they'll post a copy of the full Sadhana on the webcast page, or if not, does anybody have a PDF of it?
heart

Post by heart »

Namdrol wrote:
JinpaRangdrol wrote:Does anybody know if they'll post a copy of the full Sadhana on the webcast page, or if not, does anybody have a PDF of it?

It is already up.

The full sadhana consists of a seed syllable and two mantras. That is just how we roll in the DC. :guns:

N
Yes, but how did Adzom Drugpa roll? For sure there is a sadhana, right?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Kilaya

Post by Kilaya »

heart wrote: Yes, but how did Adzom Drugpa roll? For sure there is a sadhana, right?

/magnus
NNR usually gives just the mantra and maybe some short invocation, not the full sadhana in the traditional sense with long refuge prayers, recitations, mandala offerings, long invocations, etc., just like in the case of Simhamukha or Guru Drakpur. This might be the case here, too.
MrDistracted

Post by MrDistracted »

So I'm new to this...as it is an open webcast, do I have to just go to this page http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/video.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at 4pm Argentina time ?

Is there anything else I need to do to receive the teachings?

Thanks.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

yes

no

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
heart

Post by heart »

Kilaya wrote:
heart wrote: Yes, but how did Adzom Drugpa roll? For sure there is a sadhana, right?

/magnus
NNR usually gives just the mantra and maybe some short invocation, not the full sadhana in the traditional sense with long refuge prayers, recitations, mandala offerings, long invocations, etc., just like in the case of Simhamukha or Guru Drakpur. This might be the case here, too.
I know, just I am curious about Adzom Drugpas sadhana is all.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
MrDistracted

Post by MrDistracted »

Sönam wrote:yes

no

Sönam
Merci :smile:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
JinpaRangdrol wrote:Does anybody know if they'll post a copy of the full Sadhana on the webcast page, or if not, does anybody have a PDF of it?

It is already up.

The full sadhana consists of a seed syllable and two mantras. That is just how we roll in the DC. :guns:

N
Yes, but how did Adzom Drugpa roll? For sure there is a sadhana, right?

/magnus
Yes, there is indeed a short sadhana, you can find it on TBRC.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Namdrol wrote: Yes, there is indeed a short sadhana, you can find it on TBRC.
Do you know where it is in the files?
I have a pretty large Adzom Drukpa Drolo file from TBRC but have no idea where the short sadhana is in there.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nangwa wrote:
Namdrol wrote: Yes, there is indeed a short sadhana, you can find it on TBRC.
Do you know where it is in the files?
I have a pretty large Adzom Drukpa Drolo file from TBRC but have no idea where the short sadhana is in there.
Pg. 133-135
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

By request a couple of posts have been removed from view.

Regards,
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

TBRC??
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fa Dao wrote:TBRC??

Tibetan Buddhist Resource Center -- the largest online repository of Tibetan texts in the world.
JinpaRangdrol

Post by JinpaRangdrol »

Fa Dao wrote:TBRC??
Tibetan Buddhist Resource Center.
http://www.tbrc.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

I decided to take a day off work Sunday for the Donwang. However, I may miss Monday and Tuesday.

I was wondering, Will this still enable me to practice Drolo in the future if I wanted to, and be OK for me to replay the instructions for Monday and Tuesday?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mr. G wrote:I decided to take a day off work Sunday for the Donwang. However, I may miss Monday and Tuesday.

I was wondering, Will this still enable me to practice Drolo in the future if I wanted to, and be OK for me to replay the instructions for Monday and Tuesday?
Better you also take off monday, however, it is as eight am eastern time, so maybe you can just be late
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Namdrol wrote:
Mr. G wrote:I decided to take a day off work Sunday for the Donwang. However, I may miss Monday and Tuesday.

Better you also take off monday, however, it is as eight am eastern time, so maybe you can just be late
I actually start work at 6 AM, so I'd be super late :shock: :lol:
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Josef

Post by Josef »

Mr. G wrote:[
I actually start work at 6 AM, so I'd be super late :shock: :lol:
The teachings start for me at 6AM. I am lucky enough to be able to tune in and head off to work.
Whoo!
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa

Return to “Dzogchen”