Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

GrapeLover

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by GrapeLover »

Giovanni wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:27 pm
Tata1 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:23 pm
Aloke wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:10 am "During his visited he (CNNR) suggested to Lama Tsultrim that Tara Mandala become a "Dam Trog" of the Dzogchen Community, meaning a Samaya Fellowship, an associated organization that operates independently but shares many practices and transmissions. Lama Tsultrim was happy to accept this suggestion, so now the two organizations a happily bound by the relationship of "Dam Trog"."

Lama Tsultrim Allione today in her Facebook page.
This is really good news
I think so too. She is real. Rinpoche always praised her qualities. This might be the way that transmissions stay open to those who have not had. This is such good news at a time when the future looked uncertain.
It is a repost of news from 2013 in honour of ChNN’s birthday

The original is on page 21 of this issue of the Mirror: http://melong.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... ror122.pdf
Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

Thank you. Sometimes seeds sprout up some time later when conditions arise.
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

GrapeLover wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:40 pm
This is really good news
I think so too. She is real. Rinpoche always praised her qualities. This might be the way that transmissions stay open to those who have not had. This is such good news at a time when the future looked uncertain.

The original is on page 21 of this issue of the Mirror: http://melong.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... ror122.pdf
Yes, really good! Although some people from the Community sometimes turn agressive just by mentioning her name. You know it's for things like this, and of course the communication problems that many perceive and relate that Yeshi and others don't want to stay in the Community. If you think carefully, he must have good reasons.
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

GrapeLover wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:40 pm
This is really good news

Yes, really good! Although some people from the Community sometimes turn agressive just by mentioning her name. You know it's for things like this, and of course the communication problems that many perceive and relate that Yeshi and others don't want to stay in the Community. If you think carefully, he must have good reasons.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Aloke wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:10 am "During his visited he (CNNR) suggested to Lama Tsultrim that Tara Mandala become a "Dam Trog" of the Dzogchen Community, meaning a Samaya Fellowship, an associated organization that operates independently but shares many practices and transmissions. Lama Tsultrim was happy to accept this suggestion, so now the two organizations a happily bound by the relationship of "Dam Trog"."

This in no way indicates that she may give DI in his lineage or any Secondary Practice transmissions beyond those she already has permission to give.
The idea was that they could teach in each other's centres because they shared some practices etc.
I do hope that publishing again this is not some sort of marketing pitch.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Mantrik wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:12 pm

This in no way indicates that she may give DI in his lineage or any Secondary Practice transmissions beyond those she already has permission to give.
The idea was that they could teach in each other's centres because they shared some practices etc.
I can see why someone posted above about people becoming agressive just by saying her name
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Tata1 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:37 pm

I can see why someone posted above about people becoming agressive just by saying her name
Yeah, I personally don't think it is because of her not being "legit", but more because some have a small problem with her courses, be it price or how they are propagated. Or at least that was mostly the issue for me. It seemed and still seems to me a bit silly to build a huge center and then go around asking high prices for retreats. I respect her and believe she knows what she is doing. It just seems a bit disingenuous, I guess?
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

Tata1 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:37 pm

You see? So sad. Anyone can see for themselves.

BTW I was just sharing something that was originally published by the Community itself in The Mirror, and now reposted by Lama Tsultrim Allione in her Facebook page as a memory due to Rinpoche's birthday. In no way I was saying or questioning who may give DI for instance. Nor did she for sure. I can't see "marketing pitch" in sharing beautiful memories like this honouring Rinpoche's birthday, and even if it was the case, the marketing was originally from The Mirror, not from Lama Tsultrim Allione or Tara Mandala. This kind of communication problem is a real problem, and a pattern of many Community members. People don't like to look and deal with their own group problems, but seem to be ready to attack others anytime very easily. 
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Lama Tsultrim has her market. What Lama is right for everyone?
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

pemachophel wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:06 am Lama Tsultrim has her market. What Lama is right for everyone?
Shocking use of bad language. Marketing? :(
Tendrel.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

kirtu wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:24 am
pemachophel wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:06 am Lama Tsultrim has her market. What Lama is right for everyone?
Shocking use of bad language. Marketing? :(
Tendrel.

Kirt
Indeed. So sad!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This thread has actually descended into idle gossip.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:13 am This thread has actually descended into idle gossip.
I feel like Malcolm is probably right and we have pretty much done this to death. Since this is an omnibus thread, I'm gonna ask that everyone just take a bit of a break for now. I feel like everyone (including me) got their say, and we should probably leave the thread be for questions about practice etc., which will be a much more positive direction. Thanks.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:47 am
Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:13 am This thread has actually descended into idle gossip.
I feel like Malcolm is probably right and we have pretty much done this to death. Since this is an omnibus thread, I'm gonna ask that everyone just take a bit of a break for now. I feel like everyone (including me) got their say, and we should probably leave the thread be for questions about practice etc., which will be a much more positive direction. Thanks.
How democratic! :applause:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Aloke wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:04 am
Given that I am the OP, I think this thread has lived out its natural life.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Agree.
And please remember that we are all vajra brothers and sisters.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:22 am

Given that I am the OP, I think this thread has lived out its natural life.
It's not practical due to the volume of DC-practice related questions. They need their own thread.

That's why I'm asking everyone to take a break from inter-DC/policy etc. arguments for now and let the thread return to it's purpose of getting info about DC-related topics. If it can't or it gets more rancorous, then I would have to lock it and prefer to avoid it because, like I said...practicality. Thanks all.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Is sarcasm and criticism the only reason you registered on this forum?
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I don’t know LTA or her sangha. But there is no agreed process by which someone is ‘authorized’ to confer empowerments of any kind, aside from the normal requirements of having properly received and completed the approximation retreat etc. If that person’s lama were alive then perhaps they would ask if it was appropriate/auspicious. But that is not an option here.
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

Aryjna wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:04 am

Is sarcasm and criticism the only reason you registered on this forum?
Not really.

And I'm sorry if you and others have perceived things in this way. I have tried many times to discuss things in a respectful, open, direct and adult way, but maybe some people are very emotional or just misunderstand my words and intention here. Not sure if I should, but I'm still trying.

Again, sadly this kind of thing only reinforces what I and others perceive as difficulties of communication with Community people.

Return to “Dzogchen”