Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Hansei

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Hansei »

By any chance does anyone have the image of Garab Dorje that appears in the Thun book in a big size? It's the same as the one used in this cover.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Hansei wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:20 pm By any chance does anyone have the image of Garab Dorje that appears in the Thun book in a big size? It's the same as the one used in this cover.
You can have it printed and enlarge it .
It should come out fine.
https://timely-api-public.s3.us-west-2. ... edium.jpeg
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Just wanted to say that we are receiving steady, unconditional support from Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, his students in general and some of his local sanghas in particular. It is both much needed and deeply moving, to say the least. I honestly cannot imagine a better response.

We have also received lots of warmth and support from other Bon lamas -- and from Khenchen Lama Rinpoche, who has just composed the following prayer:

The Primal Rosary of Precious Stones:
A Long Life Prayer for His Eminence Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoché
༧སྐྱབས་རྗེ་ཆོས་རྒྱལ་ནམ་མཁའི་ནོར་བུ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ལ་བརྟན་གསོལ་རིན་ཆེན་དང་པོའི་ཕྲེང་བ།།
(skyabs rje cho rgyal nam mkha’i nor bu rin po che la brtan gsol rin chen dang po’i phreng ba)
by Khenchen Lama Pelgyeypa Dorjé Rinpoché
(mkhan chen bla ma dpal dgyes pa rdo rje rin po che)
Translated from the Tibetan by Erick Tsiknopoulos

ན་མོ་མ་ཧཱ་གུ་རུ་པུནྱེ་ཛྙཱ་ན་ཡེ།།
NAMO MAHĀGURU PUṄYE-JÑĀNAYE!
(HOMAGE TO THE GREAT TEACHER OF GOOD KARMIC POTENTIAL AND DEEP WISDOM!)

ཚེ་དཔག་མེད་མགོན་འཆི་མེད་པདྨ་འབྱུང་།།
TS’É-PAK-MEY GÖN CH’I-MEY PAY-MA-JUNG
The Defender Amitāyus, the Deathless Padmasambhava,

གཙུག་ཏོར་རྣམ་རྒྱལ་སྒྲོལ་མ་དཀར་མོ་སོགས།།
TSUK-TOR-NAM-GYEL DRÖL-MA KAR-MO SOK
Uṣṇīṣavijayā, White Tārā and the rest;

རིག་འཛིན་ཚེ་ཡི་ལྷ་ཚོགས་བྱིན་རླབས་ཀྱིས།།
RIK-DZIN TS’É YI LHA-TS’OK JIN-LAP KYIY
Through the blessings of the Vidyādhara Deity Assemblies of Longevity,

དཔལ་ལྡན་བླ་མའི་སྐུ་ཚེ་བསྲིངས་གྱུར་ཅིག།
PEL-DEN LA-MA’Y KU-TS’É S’ING GYUR CHIK
May the lifespan of the Glorious Guru be prolonged.

གངས་རིའི་མགོན་ལ་ཤེས་བྱའི་སྒྱུ་རྩལ་བསྟན།།
GANG-RI’I GÖN LA SHEY-JA’Y GYU-TSEL TEN
Teaching the arts of the fields of knowledge to the Defenders of the Snowy Mountain Land,

སྙིགས་ལྔའི་འགྲོ་ལ་རྫོགས་ཆེན་ཁྱབ་པར་བརྡལ།།
NYIK-NGA’Y DRO LA DZOK-CH’EN KHYAP-PAR DEL
Spreading far and wide the Great Perfection1 to living beings of the Five Degenerations,

འཛམ་གླིང་ཡོངས་ལ་ཕན་བདེའི་ཕྲིན་ལས་ཅན།།
DZAM-LING YONG LA P’EN-DE’I T’RIN-LAY CHEN
One of Awakened Activity which brings benefit and happiness to the whole world:

ཆོས་རྒྱལ་ནམ་མཁའི་ནོར་བུ་ཞབས་བརྟན་གསོལ།།
CH’Ö-GYEL NAM-KHA’Y NOR-BU ZHAP-TEN SÖL
I pray that the honored feet of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu remain firm.

སྔ་འགྱུར་རྫོགས་པ་ཆེན་པོའི་རྒྱུད་པར་འཛིན།།
NGA-GYUR DZOK-PA-CH’EN-PO’I GYÜ-PAR DZIN
Upholding the lineage of the Early Translations’ Great Perfection,

ཕྱི་འགྱུར་ཕྱག་རྒྱ་ཆེན་པོའི་སྲོལ་རྒྱུན་སྐྱོང་།།
CH’I-GYUR CH’AK-GYA-CH’EN-PO’I S’ÖL-GYÜN KYONG
Sustaining the tradition of the Later Translations’ Great Seal2,

ཡང་འགྱུར་ལུས་སྦྱོང་འཕྲུལ་འཁོར་རྩལ་འདོན་སྤེལ།།
YANG-GYUR LÜ-JONG T’RUL-KHOR TSEL-DÖN PEL
Propagating the emphasis on the New Translations’ physical exercises of the Magic Wheel3:

ཟློས་གར་རིག་པའི་དཔའ་བོ་བརྟན་བཞུགས་གསོལ།།
DÖ-GAR RIK-PA’Y PA-WO TEN-ZHUK SÖL
I pray that the Dancing Hero of Intrinsic Awareness may firmly abide.

སློབ་ཚོགས་དམ་ཚིག་དད་པས་རྟེན་ཅིང་འབྲེལ།།
LOP-TS’OK DAM-TS’IK DAY-PAY TEN CHING DREL
Due to the interdependent connection formed by the Sacred Commitment4 and faith of his hosts of disciples,

བདག་གིས་ལྷག་བསམ་དག་པས་སྨོན་ཚིག་མཐུས།།
DAK GIY LHAK-SAM DAK-PAY MÖN-TS’IK T’Ü
By the power of my words of aspiration, made with pure altruistic motivation,

བསྟན་འགྲོའི་དོན་དུ་གསུང་ཚེ་བསྐལ་བརྒྱར་བརྟན།།
TEN-DRO’I DÖN DU SUNG-TS’É KEL GYAR TEN
For the sake of the Teachings and living beings, may the lifespan of the one spoken of here remain firm for a hundred eons;

ཕན་བདེའི་ཕྲིན་ལས་ས་གསུམ་ཁྱབ་གྱུར་ཅིག།
P’EN-DÉ’I T’RIN-LAY SA-SUM KHYAP GYUR CHIK
And may his Awakened Activity of benefit and happiness encompass the three planes of conditioned existence.

ཅེས་རབ་གནས་ས་ཁྱིའི་སྨན་ཆར་དགེ་བའི་དུས་བཟང་སངས་རྒྱས་སྨན་བླའི་དུས་ཆེན་ཉིན་འཛམ་གླིང་རྒྱལ་ཡོངས་ཞི་བདེའི་དེད་དཔོན་ཆེན་པོ་༧ཆོས་རྒྱལ་ནམ་མཁའི་ནོར་བུ་མཆོག་གི་ཞབས་བརྟན་སྨོན་ལམ་དགོས་པར་མཁའ་འགྲོ་དཔལ་ལྡན་ལྷ་མོ་སྒྲོལ་མ་སོགས་༧མགོན་པོ་མཆོག་གི་སློབ་དུ་མས་ངོར་གང་དྲན་དུ་རྩ་གསུམ་རབ་འབྱམས་རྒྱལ་བ་སྲས་བཅས་ལ་གསོལ་སྨོན་དང་མགོན་པོ་གང་ཉིད་བརྟན་གསོལ་དུ་དབྱིན་ཡུལ་གངས་ལྡན་རི་བོའི་མགུལ་ནས་སྙིགས་དུས་ཀྱི་ཆོས་སྨྲ་བ་ཤཱཀྱའི་དགེ་སྦྱོང་བ་མཁན་ཆེན་བླ་མ་དཔལ་དགྱེས་པ་རྡོ་རྗེ་འམ་ཤྲཱིཿཨེ་མ་ཧོས་དེ་ཉིད་དུ་སྨོན་པར་དགེའོ།། །།
And so it was that on the positive auspicious occasion of Medicine Dawn (sman char) in the Earth Dog Year of the sixty-year Tibetan astrological cycle (rab gnas), the day of celebration for Medicine Buddha, in response to numerous disciples of this Supreme Defender, such as Khandro Pelden Lhamo Drölma and others, who stated the necessity of a long life prayer for the great captain of peace and happiness for all the nations of the world, His Eminence Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoché, whatever rose to mind, as a supplicating wish to the infinite array of the Three Roots and the Victorious Ones together with their Bodhisattva Heirs, and as a prayer for the stable longevity of this Defender himself, was written down on the slopes of a mountain in the snow country of England, by the Dharma Expounder of the Degenerate Age, a spiritual mendicant of the Śākyan lineage, Khenchen Lama Pelgyeypa Dorjé, or Śrī Émaho; who formulated aspirations just so: May it be virtuous!
(Translated from the Tibetan by Erick Tsiknopoulos, September 18th 2018, at the request of Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoché’s students.)

1 rdzog chen, mahāsaṅdhi (Dzogchen)
2 phyag rgya chen po, mahāmudrā
3 ‘phrul ‘khor (Trulkhor)
4 samaya
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Pema Yolo

Post by Pema Yolo »

The video has been so bad for the first session on the last couple of days that I can't even tell what practice is being performed (I mean, I know it's Guru Yoga of the White A). But is it the Medium Thun or what? I'd like to know so I can still practice concurrently. Thanks
meepits

Post by meepits »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 pm Just wanted to say that we are receiving steady, unconditional support from Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, his students in general and some of his local sanghas in particular. It is both much needed and deeply moving, to say the least. I honestly cannot imagine a better response.

We have also received lots of warmth and support from other Bon lamas -- and from Khenchen Lama Rinpoche, who has just composed the following prayer:
I appreciate you mentioning that.

TBH more lamas should be reaching out at a time like this, and it means a lot that some are.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Pema Yolo wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:53 pm The video has been so bad for the first session on the last couple of days that I can't even tell what practice is being performed (I mean, I know it's Guru Yoga of the White A). But is it the Medium Thun or what? I'd like to know so I can still practice concurrently. Thanks
It is the White A of Guru Garab Dorje as found in the Guru Yoga book not thun book. If someone has the Tibetan verses of this I would really appreciate a copy or at least where to find. Does the collective practice book have the Tibetan?
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Lukeinaz wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:38 pm
Pema Yolo wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:53 pm The video has been so bad for the first session on the last couple of days that I can't even tell what practice is being performed (I mean, I know it's Guru Yoga of the White A). But is it the Medium Thun or what? I'd like to know so I can still practice concurrently. Thanks
It is the White A of Guru Garab Dorje as found in the Guru Yoga book not thun book. If someone has the Tibetan verses of this I would really appreciate a copy or at least where to find. Does the collective practice book have the Tibetan?
It's in the Guru Yoga book. You can also buy an mp3 of it if you want to learn the melodies.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:23 am
It's in the Guru Yoga book. You can also buy an mp3 of it if you want to learn the melodies.
Hmm, no Tibetan in my copy just the phonetics.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Lukeinaz wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:44 am
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:23 am

Hmm, no Tibetan in my copy just the phonetics.
You mean actual Tibetan, not romanized? Why would you need that to perform the practice, or do you want it for some other reason? I thought it had Tibetan as well but I must have misremembered it.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

http://tsegyalgar.org/localcenters/tseg ... -rinpoche/

Date: September 19th, 2018.

Time: 7:00 PM
Guru Yoga of the White A with Ganapuja
Daily Practice for Rinpoche

**We are working on webcast audio problems, and hope to have them resolved soon. Thank you for your patience.**

Dear Vajra Family,

Please join us this week at 7:00pm (ET) via the Tsegyalgar East Webcast Channel or in person at the schoolhouse Gompa to practice together Guru Yoga of the White A with Ganapuja, dedicated to Rinpoche.

We will send out regular announcements to update you of any changes in our practice schedule.

Warm regards,
Tsegyalgar East Gakyil

Please join our 7:00pm(ET) daily practice in person at the Tsegyalgar East Gompa or via webcast:
Webcast Link: http://webcast.dzogchen.net/index.php?i ... lgar-html5
Password: TORMA (all capital letters)

Stay on the Tsegyalgar East webcast page, for both computer and mobile devices.
Don't click on the live stream & mobile stream link at the top of the page.

Troubleshooting Notes:

If your computer doesn't connect to the webcast try your cell phone.
Web Browsers: When using Chrome, if the webcast hasn't started, you get the feedback that it is offline - on Firefox you just get an empty screen so you don't know if it hasn't started or if there are technical difficulties

Send us your feedback: email [email protected], let us know that you participated in the webcast or if you had any problems connecting.
Spelare

Post by Spelare »

Lukeinaz wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:38 pmIt is the White A of Guru Garab Dorje as found in the Guru Yoga book not thun book. If someone has the Tibetan verses of this I would really appreciate a copy or at least where to find. Does the collective practice book have the Tibetan?
There's an out-of-print book that has the Tibetan text written out for the Guru Yoga of Garab Dorje. I don't own it or remember which one it is, but I've seen older Dzogchen Community members with copies. Check the library of your nearest Gar or Ling.

If you can read both Tibetan and Drajyor script, it wouldn't be too hard to write or type out the Tibetan based on the transliteration in the current Guru Yoga book. It's only three verses of four lines each, with the last two lines repeated. The verses share an identical structure, with just a few words that differ among them.
Neither person nor skandha
but unstained wisdom is buddha.
In its knowing, ever serene—
I go for refuge therein.
Hansei

Post by Hansei »

amanitamusc wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:19 pm
Hansei wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:20 pm By any chance does anyone have the image of Garab Dorje that appears in the Thun book in a big size? It's the same as the one used in this cover.
It should come out fine.
Thanks! :namaste: I will try that and see how it comes out.
Russell

Post by Russell »

Lukeinaz wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:38 pm Does the collective practice book have the Tibetan?
yes.
heart

Post by heart »

Hansei wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 am
It should come out fine.
Here you go.
buddhist-thangka-great-dzogchen-teacher-garab-dorje-35-x-45-cm.jpg
buddhist-thangka-great-dzogchen-teacher-garab-dorje-35-x-45-cm.jpg (342.72 KiB) Viewed 3862 times
/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Hansei

Post by Hansei »

heart wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:00 am
Hansei wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 am

It should come out fine.
Here you go.

buddhist-thangka-great-dzogchen-teacher-garab-dorje-35-x-45-cm.jpg

/magnus
Wonderful! Thanks! :namaste:
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 pm The Primal Rosary of Precious Stones:
༧སྐྱབས་རྗེ་ཆོས་རྒྱལ་ནམ་མཁའི་ནོར་བུ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ལ་བརྟན་གསོལ་རིན་ཆེན་དང་པོའི་ཕྲེང་
I hadn't noticed that trulkhor means magical wheel. It sounds much cooler now.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Aryjna wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:50 pm
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 pm The Primal Rosary of Precious Stones:
It doesn't.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:27 pm
It doesn't.
http://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/spru ... %27khor_lo Looks like it may mean navel center or something related in this case after all :D
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Aryjna wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:15 pm

It doesn't.
http://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/spru ... %27khor_lo Looks like it may mean navel center or something related in this case after all :D
It means machine, device, posture, etc.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:22 pm
Aryjna wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:15 pm

It doesn't.
It means machine, device, posture, etc.
Is there some reasoning in the meaning based on the two parts of the word in such cases, or is it mostly unrelated?

Return to “Dzogchen”