Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Jacob

Re: Dzogchen Community of Chogyal Namkhai Norbu

Post by Jacob »

LolCat, feeling is more important than seeing. Just have a general idea, that there is mantra turning around. It is more important to feel it, as if it was really alive, rather than seeing and worrying that image is not perfect. I was struggling with this for years - best advice is to relax.
Reibeam
Location: On the Western continent In the mountains close to space

Post by Reibeam »

Jacob wrote:LolCat, feeling is more important than seeing. Just have a general idea, that there is mantra turning around. It is more important to feel it, as if it was really alive, rather than seeing and worrying that image is not perfect. I was struggling with this for years - best advice is to relax.

"you don't worry, just relax" chNNr's famous and profoundly useful words he is always giving to westerners

it seems like once the "feeling" is there the seeing naturally starts to arise over time.
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Thank you Reibeam and Jacob, that was very helpful. I will try printing the syllable in reverse and be a bit more relaxed with the visualizations.
Motova

Post by Motova »

LolCat wrote:Thank you Reibeam and Jacob, that was very helpful. I will try printing the syllable in reverse and be a bit more relaxed with the visualizations.
This was kind of discussed on Vajracakra and someone said the feeling was more important according to ChNN.
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Motova wrote:
LolCat wrote:Thank you Reibeam and Jacob, that was very helpful. I will try printing the syllable in reverse and be a bit more relaxed with the visualizations.
This was kind of discussed on Vajracakra and someone said the feeling was more important according to ChNN.
Yep, going to focus more on the feeling from now, looking back it seems like I focused on visualizing Tara at the cost of feeling or believing she is actually there, which defeats the point of the visualization in the first place.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

LolCat wrote:
Motova wrote:
Yep, going to focus more on the feeling from now, looking back it seems like I focused on visualizing Tara at the cost of feeling or believing she is actually there, which defeats the point of the visualization in the first place.
Individual human beings appear to be hard wired to be more orientated towards the visual, or towards the auditory.
If we are in the first category the visual aspect will always be less acute. although it improves with practice. But yes cultivating the FEELING of presence is available to all.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Rigpachenpo

Post by Rigpachenpo »

Hello dear vajra brothers and sisters from Dzogchen community. I would like to kindly ask you if anyone from you have more copies of Longsal Teachings vol.1 and could sell one copy to me. At Shang Shung Institute doesn't have anymore copies and I would really appreciate to have this one. I have transmissions for two teachings in Longsal One and would like to have this book in my bookshelf and to be able to read the root texts.
I will be really grateful for that. If anyone has this book and could sell it to me please message me privately.
Many thanks and all the best! J
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Rigpachenpo wrote:Hello dear vajra brothers and sisters from Dzogchen community. I would like to kindly ask you if anyone from you have more copies of Longsal Teachings vol.1 and could sell one copy to me. At Shang Shung Institute doesn't have anymore copies and I would really appreciate to have this one. I have transmissions for two teachings in Longsal One and would like to have this book in my bookshelf and to be able to read the root texts.
I will be really grateful for that. If anyone has this book and could sell it to me please message me privately.
Many thanks and all the best! J
The issue is being worked. Anyone having a similar problem can PM me.

ob
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Rinpoche will offer the Lung/Reading Transmission of The Dra Thalgyur, the root Upadesha tantra of The Dzogchen Teaching
Open webcast

He has specifically requested that everyone who wants to participate listens to the complete Lung and remain for the entire Transmission, “not even going to the toilet”, “otherwise the Lung has no value”.

So if you will participate, it is necessaryto be present for all sessions, arrive early for each session, and do not leave until each session has ended.

The schedule for the Event is

Friday, May 8 at 5-7 PM Tenerife time (GMT+1),

Saturday, May 9 at 10 AM Tenerife time (GMT+1),

Sunday, May 10 at 10 AM-12 Tenerife time (GMT+
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
T. Chokyi

Post by T. Chokyi »

If you're new to DC this means that the transmission is OPEN webcast, this means you do not have to be a member of the Dzogchen Community to attend this webcast.

Link to the Webcast Site:
http://webcast.dzogchen.net

There are links for the live webcast at the top of this webpage, see "LIVE WEBCAST", or the "LIVE TRANSLATION" link at the top of the page, there is also a "MOBILE" link. You can check out the webcast page in order to coordinate your time with the time of the webcast. The time at the retreat is located in the upper right hand corner of the webpage, that is the current time at the retreat's location where Rinpoche is located physically, that is the time you use so you can make sure to coordinate to your time. There is also a link for the world clock right underneath it if you want to use the world clock's calculation.
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Is there a Dzogchen Community presence in Dallas? I ask for the purpose of learning from other practitioners and SMS instructors.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

What is the time zone?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Can someone explain what this lung is about in more detail?
Thanks
Vasana

Post by Vasana »

Lhasa wrote:Can someone explain what this lung is about in more detail?
Thanks
http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... und_Tantra
The Root Dzogchen tantra among the Seventeen Tantras of the category of pith instructions (Mengak-de).
This tantra explains how to attain the level of nirmanakaya and how to accomplish the welfare of others through practices related to sound. "
Dra Thal Gyur = Reverberation of sound.

chos nyid kyi rang sgra / chönyi kyirangdra = Natural sound of Dharmata, Spontaneous sound of dharmata, the self-sound of dharmata, natural sound of reality. One of the first displays in the bardo of dharmata.

Sound as one of the three aspects of potentiality that all beings and phenomena possess.
'When thoughts arise, recognise them clearly as your teacher'— Gampopa
'When alone, examine your mind, when among others, examine your speech'.— Atisha
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

thank you
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

with regard to the upcoming (starting tomorrow) webcast:

Is there a publication coming out involving (or including) this tantra? Of course receiving the transmission on its own is important. I also wonder if it's intended to make certain studies and practices possible in the future too.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Jikan wrote:with regard to the upcoming (starting tomorrow) webcast:

Is there a publication coming out involving (or including) this tantra? Of course receiving the transmission on its own is important. I also wonder if it's intended to make certain studies and practices possible in the future too.
after making this post, I remembered this piece from the announcement of the webcast:
Jim Valby wrote:During a period of about 3 years, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu edited 2 editions of Vimalamitra's commentary on the Dra Thalgyur.
Evidently Valby made this remark back in 2013. Is it possible that the Vimalamitra commentary may find print?
Pero

Post by Pero »

Jikan wrote:

after making this post, I remembered this piece from the announcement of the webcast:
Jim Valby wrote:During a period of about 3 years, Chögyal Namkhai Norbu edited 2 editions of Vimalamitra's commentary on the Dra Thalgyur.
Evidently Valby made this remark back in 2013. Is it possible that the Vimalamitra commentary may find print?
I've never heard any talk of it. If it will I doubt it will be anytime soon. Jim Valby made this remark just because Rinpoche was giving teachings from this tantra I think. (also in case it's not clear, Rinpoche edited the Tibetan editions since they were full of mistakes)
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
krodha

Post by krodha »

Yes, when I was in Tenerife last April Rinpoche said Shang Shung will be publishing the sgra thal gyur along with info from two separate commentaries, and Rinpoche's own commentary.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

asunthatneversets wrote:

Yes, when I was in Tenerife last April Rinpoche said Shang Shung will be publishing the sgra thal gyur along with info from two separate commentaries, and Rinpoche's own commentary.
That's excellent news.

Thank you.

Return to “Dzogchen”