Where does the rigpa'i tsalwang fit in?

Sonam Gyalmo

Where does the rigpa'i tsalwang fit in?

Post by Sonam Gyalmo »

No, I'm not asking anyone to describe it. I have a fair idea what it "is", and it not a thing I'd ask net-writers to break "secrecy" about.

But I do need help understanding where it fits it. Such as:
Is it a Longchen Nyingtig speciality?
If it's found outside Longchen Nyingtig, do other dzogchen traditions put the same emphasis on it?
Does it appear both as a stand-alone empowerment as well as embedded in other more deity-oriented or lama-oriented empowerments?
Does it appear in equivalent form but under another name in other parts of the Nyingma and dzogchen traditions?

Thank you in advance for any clarity, all of you.
Malcolm

Re: Where does the rigpa'i tsalwang fit in?

Post by Malcolm »

Sonam Gyalmo wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:32 pm No, I'm not asking anyone to describe it. I have a fair idea what it "is", and it not a thing I'd ask net-writers to break "secrecy" about.

But I do need help understanding where it fits it. Such as:
Is it a Longchen Nyingtig speciality?
No.
If it's found outside Longchen Nyingtig, do other dzogchen traditions put the same emphasis on it?
Yes.
Does it appear both as a stand-alone empowerment as well as embedded in other more deity-oriented or lama-oriented empowerments?
Yes.
Does it appear in equivalent form but under another name in other parts of the Nyingma and dzogchen traditions?
Sometimes it is referred to as the "precious word empowerment." Sometimes it is called "direct introduction." Sometimes it is called "the extremely unelaborate empowerment."
Sonam Gyalmo

Re: Where does the rigpa'i tsalwang fit in?

Post by Sonam Gyalmo »

Thanks. That makes a lot fall into place.

Return to “Dzogchen”