Buddhahood In This Life

Terma

Buddhahood In This Life

Post by Terma »

What are the requirements to read this (and any other of Malcolm's recent Dzogchen textual translations)?

Thanks.
Malcolm

Re: Buddhahood In This Life

Post by Malcolm »

Terma wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:48 pm What are the requirements to read this (and any other of Malcolm's recent Dzogchen textual translations)?

Thanks.
The lung, if you can get it. Tulku Dakpa periodically gives the lung for Buddhahood.

He is planning to give the lung for the seventeen Tantras sometime following Tibetan New Year, 2022.
Terma

Post by Terma »

Okay thanks. No lung yet.

I will look out for Tulku Dakpa's lung of the 17 tantra's and see if it is feasible for me to receive it. Please keep us posted.
ManiThePainter

Post by ManiThePainter »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:05 pm
Terma wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:48 pm What are the requirements to read this (and any other of Malcolm's recent Dzogchen textual translations)?

Thanks.
The lung, if you can get it. Tulku Dakpa periodically gives the lung for Buddhahood.

He is planning to give the lung for the seventeen Tantras sometime following Tibetan New Year, 2022.
Is it permissible to receive this lung if one has not yet received direct introduction (assuming that one wants the reading transmission for the future but also won’t read the tantras until direct introduction to the nature of mind has been given)?
"Don't mind me, just trying to find the nearest exit"
- someone stuck in Samsara... or maybe lost in Walmart
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

ManiThePainter wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:11 pm Is it permissible to receive this lung if one has not yet received direct introduction
According to Rinpoche, yes.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Thanks.

Do you know if this will be online or in person, and how long the lung takes (quite a few days presumably, right?)
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

climb-up wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:06 pm

Thanks.

Do you know if this will be online or in person, and how long the lung takes (quite a few days presumably, right?)
Online, TBD.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:34 am

Online, TBD.
:applause:
Yay! That means it's possible! Keeping my fingers crossed for no scheduling conflicts.
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

climb-up wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:46 am

Online, TBD.
Yay! That means it's possible! Keeping my fingers crossed for no scheduling conflicts.
You have to decide what is important.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:05 am

Online, TBD.

Of course I do. :thumbsup:
Accordingly, if it comes down to it I will prioritize feeding my children and keeping a roof over there head. :shrug:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

climb-up wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 am

Accordingly, if it comes down to it I will prioritize feeding my children and keeping a roof over there head. :shrug:
Yes, this is how it goes. We don’t need every lung, every empowerment.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:01 am
climb-up wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:49 am

Yes, this is how it goes. We don’t need every lung, every empowerment.
❤️ 🤞
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

Can you vouch for Tulku Dakpa? How should someone planning to receive this familiarize him or herself with this lama?
heart

Post by heart »

Toenail wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:39 am Can you vouch for Tulku Dakpa? How should someone planning to receive this familiarize him or herself with this lama?
I can vouch for him. He was recognized as a tulku by Mindrolling Trichen Rinpoche as the 3rd reincarnation of the Tibetan master Gegong Rogza Sonam Palge. An important Longchen Nyingtik lama. I also know him personally and have received teachings and empowerments from him. His students practice Longchen Nyingtik.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Toenail wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:39 am Can you vouch for Tulku Dakpa? How should someone planning to receive this familiarize him or herself with this lama?
Thus lung by Tulku Dakpa is being given at my request. Incidentally, all donations are going to go to a project to build a stupa at his center in Finland.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

So I assume Rinpoche will be doing the lungs from Finland. This sounds too good to pass on.

:bow:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Archie2009 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:08 pm So I assume Rinpoche will be doing the lungs from Finland. This sounds too good to pass on.

:bow:
Yes, he will, from 4:00 pm -- 9:00 pm, EET March 18, 19, 20, 21st.

A registration link will be posted here as well as on his facebook page.
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

I just want to drop this talk here by Acharya Malcolm

Talk on Buddhahood in this life, a Dzogchen Commentary, trans. Acharya Malcolm Smith
IF YOU PRACTICE WITH A STRONG BELIEF IN WHAT
YOU ARE DOING, THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR PRACTICE.

CHAKUNG JIGME WANGDRAK RINPOCHE

Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Thank you for the video, Nalanda, and thank you for the dates, Malcolm. I've put them in my Calender. :smile:

Return to “Dzogchen”