Buddhahood In This Life

climb-up

Re: Buddhahood In This Life

Post by climb-up »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:24 pm
Archie2009 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:08 pm So I assume Rinpoche will be doing the lungs from Finland. This sounds too good to pass on.

:bow:
Yes, he will, from 4:00 pm -- 9:00 pm, EET March 18, 19, 20, 21st.

A registration link will be posted here as well as on his facebook page.
Oh yay! Thank you! :anjali:
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Registration is up! :D :D :D
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
ManiThePainter

Post by ManiThePainter »

climb-up wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:47 pm Registration is up! :D :D :D
Can you post a link?

Edit: nevermind, found it
"Don't mind me, just trying to find the nearest exit"
- someone stuck in Samsara... or maybe lost in Walmart
Shaiksha

Post by Shaiksha »

Hi All

Here is the registration link (just in case anyone needs it):

https://wisdomexperience.org/seventeen- ... YIDJ5ut_ok

I have a question and hopefully someone can help me. Once I receive this transmission, can I also read and practice with the Buddhahood in this life since it is a related text? Or, do I need to have a separate transmission?

Thank you all in advance. :anjali:
Last edited by Shaiksha on Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Thank you for the link, Shaiksha. :anjali:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Shaiksha wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:58 am Hi All

I have a question and hopefully someone can help me. Once I receive this transmission, can I also read and practice with the Buddhahood in this life since it is a related text? Or, do I need to have a separate transmission?

In general, you to have received Dzogchen transmission and instructions on how to practice. There is no DYI Dzogchen for beginners.
Shaiksha

Post by Shaiksha »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:17 pm

In general, you to have received Dzogchen transmission and instructions on how to practice. There is no DYI Dzogchen for beginners.
Thank you for clarifying. Of course, I am by no means a person of 'sharp faculty', let alone attempting to do DIY Dzogchen - hence, my question.

It will be a life-long journey for me. :twothumbsup:

Another question, if I may though: how does Buddhahood relate to the Seventeen Tantras in terms of practice? If I receive the transmission and instructions for the Seventeen Tantras, should I still get a transmission and instruction on Buddhahood when an opportunity arises? E.g. are they complementary or one is more complete than the other?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Shaiksha wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:00 pm Another question, if I may though: how does Buddhahood relate to the Seventeen Tantras in terms of practice? If I receive the transmission and instructions for the Seventeen Tantras, should I still get a transmission and instruction on Buddhahood when an opportunity arises? E.g. are they complementary or one is more complete than the other?
If you have received the lung for the Tshig Don mDzod (Treasury of Genuine Meaning) than you can read Buddhahood, providing of course you have received Dzogchen transmission. Both it and Buddhahood present how one is to systematically approaches the material in the 17 tantras, the former being an expansion of the latter by Longchenpa.

If you receive the lung for the 17 tantras you can study those tantras that have been translated, as well as their commentaries.
Shaiksha

Post by Shaiksha »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:27 pm
Shaiksha wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:00 pm Another question, if I may though: how does Buddhahood relate to the Seventeen Tantras in terms of practice? If I receive the transmission and instructions for the Seventeen Tantras, should I still get a transmission and instruction on Buddhahood when an opportunity arises? E.g. are they complementary or one is more complete than the other?
If you have received the lung for the Tshig Don mDzod (Treasury of Genuine Meaning) than you can read Buddhahood, providing of course you have received Dzogchen transmission. Both it and Buddhahood present how one is to systematically approaches the material in the 17 tantras, the former being an expansion of the latter by Longchenpa.

If you receive the lung for the 17 tantras you can study those tantras that have been translated, as well as their commentaries.
Oh okay - good to know the relation between Longchenpa's Precious Treasury of Genuine Meaning and Buddhahood. How does theg mchog mdzod (Treasury of Supreme Vehicle) come into the picture? Do we even have a translation on this work?

I note that a new book is coming out - the Precious Treasury of the Fundamental Nature. I wonder if this is a translation and commentary of theg mchog mdzo?

Thank you. :anjali:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Shaiksha wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:29 pm

Oh okay - good to know the relation between Longchenpa's Precious Treasury of Genuine Meaning and Buddhahood. How does theg mchog mdzod (Treasury of Supreme Vehicle) come into the picture? Do we even have a translation on this work?

I note that a new book is coming out - the Precious Treasury of the Fundamental Nature. I wonder if this is a translation and commentary of theg mchog mdzo?

The Theg mchog mdzod is a treatment of the 17 tantras in 25 chapters. It is in two volumes and has not been translated. And it really shouldn't be translated until all 17 and their extant commentaries have been translated.

The text you mention, the gnas lugs mdzod, is not the theg mchog mdzod.
ManiThePainter

Post by ManiThePainter »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:28 pm
Shaiksha wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:29 pm

The Theg mchog mdzod is a treatment of the 17 tantras in 25 chapters. It is in two volumes and has not been translated. And it really shouldn't be translated until all 17 and their extant commentaries have been translated.

The text you mention, the gnas lugs mdzod, is not the theg mchog mdzod.
How many commentaries are there on the 17?
"Don't mind me, just trying to find the nearest exit"
- someone stuck in Samsara... or maybe lost in Walmart
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

Just for dumb dumbs like me who read this thread and still are kind of unclear of what has been said, if I receive the lung in march for the 17 Tantras and received Riga Tsal Wang from different teachers and DI from Namkhai Norbu, can I read Buddhahood in this life?
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Many thanks for the link!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Toenail wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:28 amcan I read Buddhahood in this life?
It’s better if you the lung for BITL.
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:00 pm
Any idea when he will give it next?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Toenail wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:18 pm
Malcolm wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:00 pm
Any idea when he will give it next?
I have no idea. Recently Shechen Rabjam gave the lung for the 7 treasures of Longchenpa. If you attended that, that is sufficient. But in reality, it is a text you should hear, not just read.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

For anyone who’s received Dzogchen empowerment and the lung for the Tsig Don Mdzod, I cannot recommend highly enough that you study Khenchen Namdrol’s commentary on it. It’s as exhaustive as it gets—and times exhaustING to slog through—but if you go slowly and persevere through it, you will benefit immensely.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Shaiksha

Post by Shaiksha »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:59 pm For anyone who’s received Dzogchen empowerment and the lung for the Tsig Don Mdzod, I cannot recommend highly enough that you study Khenchen Namdrol’s commentary on it. It’s as exhaustive as it gets—and times exhaustING to slog through—but if you go slowly and persevere through it, you will benefit immensely.
Thank you for this information, Pema.

I also note that you can purchase the audio files of the teachings given by Khenpo Namdrol on tshig don mdzod in 2008-2012. So, not sure if this will help with the commentary reading and understanding.

I feel blessed and very excited with all these precious teachings. After receiving the Dzogchen empowerments and lungs, I will have more than enough materials to study and practice them (the seventeen tantras, Buddhahood, the seven treasuries as well as Longchenpa's other works together) for the rest of my life and possibly in future lives. :smile:
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Shaiksha wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:23 am I will have more than enough materials to study and practice… for the rest of my life and possibly in future lives. :smile:
It’s wondrous, indeed. I rejoice in your good fortune.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:59 pm For anyone who’s received Dzogchen empowerment and the lung for the Tsig Don Mdzod, I cannot recommend highly enough that you study Khenchen Namdrol’s commentary on it. It’s as exhaustive as it gets—and times exhaustING to slog through—but if you go slowly and persevere through it, you will benefit immensely.
Any Dzogchen teaching received qualifies? Doesn't have to be from a specific cycle/lineage.....Even if you have Dzogchen transmissions from outside Nyingma?

Return to “Dzogchen”