If one is Transgender and Dzogchen/Vajrayana practice…

Michael126unknown

If one is Transgender and Dzogchen/Vajrayana practice…

Post by Michael126unknown »

Hey,
I was going to post this on Malcolm’s forum but I figured it is a controversial subject and I did not want to cause problems on his website. So I will post it here. I don’t intend for this to cause any negative issues - It is a genuine question that I am asking.

Here is my question. If one is transgender then does this mean they cannot practice Vajrayana or Dzogchen because I remember hearing some things about the channels in the body having relation with the gender, etc. and also I am wondering if since the h*rmones and also g*nitals are changed it has an impact on the practice? Or not?

Thank you
Malcolm

Re: If one is Transgender and Dzogchen/Vajrayana practice…

Post by Malcolm »

Michael126unknown wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:33 pm
Here is my question. If one is transgender then does this mean they cannot practice Vajrayana or Dzogchen because I remember hearing some things about the channels in the body having relation with the gender, etc. and also I am wondering if since the h*rmones and also g*nitals are changed it has an impact on the practice? Or not?

Thank you

No, it does not mean one is unable to practice Vajrayana or Dzogchen.
Michael126unknown

Post by Michael126unknown »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:00 am

Thank you

Thank you, I want to clarify a few other related points.
1: Should that person attain any sort of realization or other advancement in their study and practice can they also become a teacher?
2: So there will not be any practices that are interrupted/harmed by transitioning? I have heard some teachers say that transsexual people cannot do certain practices but I do not remember which ones (This is where my question originated from) and I am wondering if there is a traditional basis for such claims especially since this phenomena has existed since a long time before and not just in modern days.

Thank you...
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

This sounds like a problem to take up with your Guru. Someone who can examine your chakras and channels and suggest what to do if this applies to you.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Michael126unknown wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:45 am
Malcolm wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:00 am

Thank you

Thank you, I want to clarify a few other related points.
1: Should that person attain any sort of realization or other advancement in their study and practice can they also become a teacher?
2: So there will not be any practices that are interrupted/harmed by transitioning? I have heard some teachers say that transsexual people cannot do certain practices but I do not remember which ones (This is where my question originated from) and I am wondering if there is a traditional basis for such claims especially since this phenomena has existed since a long time before and not just in modern days.

Thank you...
It would really be best to take up more detailed questions with said teachers. Since the basic questions have been answered I'm going to go ahead and call it a day for the thread.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama

Return to “Dzogchen”