indestructible wind-and-mind

Fig

indestructible wind-and-mind

Post by Fig »

The other day I came across the phrase “indestructible wind-and-mind” and it struck a chord in me so I searched online. Most references I saw seemed to be referring to completion stage practices from a Kadampa perspective.
I have not been able to find a Tibetan translation of this phrase and I am wondering if this is something specific to Kadampa or if it refers to something that is known in Dzogchen by another name.
Aryjna

Re: indestructible wind-and-mind

Post by Aryjna »

Fig wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:57 pm I have not been able to find a Tibetan translation of this phrase
I suppose it is this https://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/rlung_sems
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fig wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:57 pm The other day I came across the phrase “indestructible wind-and-mind” and it struck a chord in me so I searched online. Most references I saw seemed to be referring to completion stage practices from a Kadampa perspective.
I have not been able to find a Tibetan translation of this phrase and I am wondering if this is something specific to Kadampa or if it refers to something that is known in Dzogchen by another name.
Fig wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:57 pm The other day I came across the phrase “indestructible wind-and-mind” and it struck a chord in me so I searched online. Most references I saw seemed to be referring to completion stage practices from a Kadampa perspective.
Yes, in Dzogchen is it called the "rgyu'i thig le," the causal bindu, which has the same meaning as "mi zhig thig le," the indestructible thigle, which is the fusion of the mind, winds, and the original reproductive tisues of the father and mother in the body that acts as the support for our life.
Fig

Post by Fig »

Thank you for generously sharing your knowledge.

Return to “Dzogchen”